To All My Friends On Shore…

07 May 2019 @ 16:31

Since very early in November of 2018, I have had very little presence on The Internet, as I’m sure you’ve noticed.

Last year was my annus horribilis

-After losing the lower-left lobe of my lung to Cancer and my ninety-two year old Father in 2017, I thought things could only get better — at least for a time.  The Doctors were amazed at my level of recovery and I was back at work full-time.  But my Hubris was soon followed by my ‘old friend’ Nemesis.

Nemesis

-In the early Spring, two small cancerous tumors were found on my right lung and my ninety-two year old Mother was diagnosed with terminal Ovarian Cancer.

-While I was going through radiation for my condition in June and July, my Mother took a trun for the worse. We signed her up for Home Instead and lived with her for her last ten days so that she could die at home.

-She passed away, I’m happy to say, quite peacefully on 30 July 2018.  Mrs. B. was a Saint, taking care of both my Mother and me.  Her devotion to her Mother-In-Law was awe-inspiring.

-From August through October, I was not myself and we put that off to the stress accumulated over the past two-plus years.  On Election Day 2018, I drove into work and thought I was having a Stroke.  My best friend at work drove me immediately to my hospital, where it was discovered I was, in fact, suffering from a Brain Tumor on my left side [Damn Bolshes], along with two small tumors on my right side [Damn RINOs].

-After a week in the Hospital building-up my strength and restoring the usefulness of my right arm and leg, I had very successful surgery that removed the growing Tumor.

-After six weeks of recovery, I began radiation treatments in January and experienced every bloody side-effect you can image — including one the Radiologist had never seen before [go figure].

-Ah, Nemesis!

-I had no choice but to retire from working [well before I planned to].

So far 2019 has been about resting, recovery, and retirement [it stinks when it’s unplanned and unprepared for].

I had a chest to thigh CAT Scan a little while ago and no Cancer was discovered.  In a few weeks, I’ll be having my head scanned to see if the Radiation worked.

I would normally say: ‘So far, so good’, but I know Nemesis is always lurking around the corner, waiting for me to trip-up again.

I’m sorry for so much detail, but I believe I owed my Friends-In-The-Ether and explanation for my six month disappearance.

I don’t know if I will be blogging because I am trying to write another book with the time I have left [one doctor said a year, my Oncologist and Neurosurgeon say I should have, at the very least, several].  We’ll see.

I especially would like to thank those of you who have continued to keep me listed in your Tweets and Facebook postings.

By the way, I waited until today because it was eleven years ago this day that I published my first blog post.

Bob Belvedere

1. Emery Calame palaeomerus@excite.com aka @Corduyalism permalink
    07 May 2019 @ 16:38 16:38

I hope you get better and feel well, and be sure that I’m praying for you and your recovery. And I’m sorry to hear about your mother and father. I lost my father last April and am staying with my wheelchair bound mother there’s not much to say except you have my condolences and sympathy unreservedly.

2. 07 May 2019 @ 16:45 16:45

Thank you, Old Friend.

My sympathies are with you, as well.

3. hocuspocus13 permalink
    07 May 2019 @ 16:52 16:52

Go out enjoy life get wild and crazy and do all the magickal things you never thought could be possible… ☀

4. 07 May 2019 @ 17:07 17:07

It’s good to see you posting again.

• 07 May 2019 @ 17:15 17:15

I’m going to try. Spent many months, since the Election, thinking and observing.

Good to see you’re still out there in The Ether.

5. White Tiger permalink
    07 May 2019 @ 17:15 17:15

Bob,

Well done. What an amazing spirit – never give – fight till you can’t fight anymore…or until your nemesis decides you’re just not worth the trouble!

Will pray for you (hope you have that area “covered”)!

Keep it up, you continue to inspire many!
    Vox

• 07 May 2019 @ 17:16 17:16

Thank you. Mrs. B. and I are Fighters, I can assure you — Never Despair.

6. Gregory Hunter permalink
    07 May 2019 @ 18:27 18:27

Hang in there mate!

On Tue, May 7, 2019 at 1:31 PM The Camp Of The Saints wrote:

> bobbelvedere posted: “Since very early in November of 2018, I have had > very little presence on The Internet, as I’m sure you’ve noticed. Last year > was my annus horribilis… -After losing the lower-left lobe of my lung to > Cancer and my ninety-two year old Father in 2017, I” >

7. Ed Porben permalink
    07 May 2019 @ 18:58 18:58

I’m so sorry, Mr B, you are in my prayers. Ed from Miami, FL 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

8. Rick Mattice permalink
    07 May 2019 @ 19:43 19:43

Stay strong my friend, there is no mountain too high for a climber….

9. 08 May 2019 @ 00:28 00:28

Bob, I am sorry for your losses this year. I pray you have a speedy full recovery. I wish for you and your wife to be happy.

10. 08 May 2019 @ 01:00 01:00

Bob,

You may remember me as the proprietor of No Sheeples Here. I started another blog, Political Clown Parade. We drifted away from each other and that sorrows me. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I am proud of the fight you have waged thus far and know you will valiantly challenge your “Nemesis” in the days, weeks, months (and hopefully years) to come.

It’s hard to fight when the fight isn’t fair. For this we need God. May God be by your side for all the days of your life and give strength to your beautiful wife.

All the best.

• 08 May 2019 @ 15:02 15:02

How could I ever forget my favorite graphic designer!

We do get strength from our Belief in God.

Thank you, Old Friend.

11. 08 May 2019 @ 03:49 03:49

So sorry to hear of your misfortune. I’m glad you are in the recovery process and we send up prayers for you and your family.

On a happier note, Happy Blogiversery! Not many people can keep up the good night that long before fading off into the Ether.

I’m still remodeling retail space for that major drug retailer that seems to be in the financial news a lot lately.

Good luck and God bless you!

• 08 May 2019 @ 15:04 15:04

Glad to hear that work is still keeping you off the streets, Old Friend. /sarc

Thank you for the prayers and the Anniversary wishes.

12. Megan permalink
    08 May 2019 @ 04:53 04:53

God bless you, Bob. 🙏🏼
    We’ve been missing your blog posts.
    Glad you’re still Trudging the Road less travelled.
    Keep hitting life’s curveballs.

13. 08 May 2019 @ 13:59 13:59

God bless you and may you be around for years to come. I’ve certainly missed your blog. And Happy blogiversary!

14. Adobe_Walls permalink
    08 May 2019 @ 19:02 19:02

Hang in there, and at least it’s good hear from you. As I’m sure you know I don’t tweet or face book but I sent you a better email if you want to touch base. We’ve been friends for about ten years now since we used to beatup on Young Four Eyes together on Stacy’s site when it was still on Blogger. Thanks for all of the encouragement (and posting my crap) over the years. Praying for you and stay strong. I’ll get back to you when I find the words.

15. 09 May 2019 @ 13:55 13:55

Glad to hear you’re still around. Stay strong.

16. Gatordoug permalink
    15 May 2019 @ 00:58 00:58

My friend, I am deeply sorry for your losses. I too am dealing with aging parents, and some health issues, although nothing that compares to yours. Lost my long time job last year, two months after losing my sister. So 2018 sucked for me too. But, I have, I fear, been selfish and have not visited your site as often as I once did. I am sorry, and am here should you need a friend, as I know I could damn sure use one at times. Know that I am ready to offer moral support, and prayers