On Why I Was Wrong About @SarahPalinUSA
From late 2008 until fairly recently, I spent a great deal of time here encouraging Sarah Palin to run for President [my last appeal from 2014].
Despite her quirks, I believed that she would have made a damn fine President, that she had that special something which could rally all true Americans to the work of Restoring America to being a Constitutional Republic once again.
I was wrong. My judgement was quite faulty.
The final confirmation of this came with her Facebook posting of yesterday, which I quote in full:
GOP Majority Voters in Primary are Wayyyyyy Beneath Cruz, So Says Cruz
Calling GOP frontrunner supporters “low information” disengaged voters, Ted Cruz’s insinuation reeks of all the reasons America knows “the status quo has got to go.” The arrogance of career politicians is something at which the rest of us chuckle, but Cruz’s latest dig strays from humorous into downright nasty. Cruz is right, though – independent, America-first, commonsense conservatives supporting Donald Trump ARE “low information” when it comes to having any information on Cruz’s ability to expand the conservative movement, beat Hillary Clinton, unify and lead the nation.
* Where’s information on any Cruz success whilst in his short, half-term U.S. Senate seat, proving his resume’s advantage over another career politicians’s lawyerly executive inexperience that includes never having created a single private sector job, but boasting of his constitutional law teacher creds? (Remember America experimented with that resume before; how’d that work out for the country?)
* Where’s info on his reasoning in inviting more illegal aliens to flood our porous borders by enticing families with benefits and literal gifts (like teddy bears and soccer balls)? http://theconservativetreehouse.com/…/ted-cruz-visits-texa…/
* Any info on why he won’t denounce his highest-profile campaign buddy, despite Glenn Beck’s proclamation that he “hates” America’s innocent victims of 9/11 and calls the families crybabies? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf33g9ep4YU, nor hold accountable his campaign manager for abhorrent tactics that mirror Alinsky’s Politics of Personal Destruction? http://www.mediaite.com/…/ted-cruz-adviser-admits-to-makin…/
* Info on why he continues to stand on stage with that most prominent supporter who slurs millions of patriotic Americans supporting the GOP frontrunner, calling them Nazi “brown shirts”? http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/…/glenn-beck-loses-fans-an…/
* Info on consistency with his big endorsement this week, as Carly tells it like it is so very recently?
“Ted Cruz is just like any other politician. He says one thing in Manhattan, he says another thing in Iowa. He says whatever he needs to say to get elected, and then he’s going to do as he pleases. I think people are tired of a political class that promises much and delivers much of the same.” – Carly Fiorina 1/2/16
* Info on his support for his crony capitalists’ insistence that he fast-track Obama’s unbalanced trade agenda, then lied about it? http://theconservativetreehouse.com/…/yes-unfortunately-te…/
* Info on why he’s fine with increasing U.S. debt? http://truthinmedia.com/cruz-rubio-vote-increase-debt-ceil…/
* Info on how it helps make America great again by arrogantly disenfranchising this Primary season’s majority voters who are fed-up, inspired, optimistic, and engaged? How does it help unify the party or the nation when that holier-than-thou narcissism manifests itself through negative, biting, deceptive tactics… when he’s had so many opportunities to disavow his campaign’s shenanigans and apologize for his own?
The information we’ve sought is nonexistent, thus “low information voters” comprising the GOP majority support Cruz staying in the Legislative branch, while hopefully gaining understanding of the private sector’s need to reduce the big government he’s a big part of.
Trump’s energized, positive campaign has led to this record setting stat: of all 24 states that have voted so far, ALL smashed previous GOP turnout records! 4,347,317 votes nationwide for Trump already. Now THAT’S “enlarging the tent.” Any info, Ted, on where you think that “disengaged” momentum will take us?
We often speak derisively of those people who have ‘drunk the Kool-Aid’ of Leftism, people who have decided to reject Truth and, thus, Reality and embrace the Surreal-Reality of an Ideology that has the Hubris to oppose Human Nature. But there is more than one flavor of Kool-Aid [see ‘Libertarians, the’].
Donald J. Trump has been selling, not so much a different flavor of Kool-Aid [he is not really an Ideologue], but, rather, a different brand of flavored drink-mix sugar-water [‘Kool-Trump’?].
The Ideologues of the Left seek Power And Control in order to impose their System Of Ideas on a reluctant World. They are committed to seeing their Sur-Reality become THE Reality, the only one allowed under pain and penalty of being declared an Unperson and, ultimately, eliminated.
Donald J. Trump seeks Power And Control because, like Caesar and Napoleon before him, he believes he – and only he – can save America from itself. He has convinced himself of this. And, because his Monomania and rabid Narcissism are so strong and because his belief in his prowess is so deeply felt, he has been quite willing to do whatever it takes to create mobs of people to support him and work passionately for him in his quest to gain the Presidency. In other words: he has sized up the Democracy that we have become and realized he can use it to subvert it [a strategy that all Despots understand so well].
As the modern Presidency is free of most of it’s Constitutional Checks [thanks primarily to ‘Barack Obama’, but with the often hearty contributions of nearly every President since Teddy Roosevelt] and the majority of the American People accept this as Legitimate, as the ‘New Natural’, Trump believes he will be able to implement his Vision relatively easily. So long as he is able to keep the Loyalty of the mobs he has created, Trump is convinced he will triumph in the end. But he knows that the mobs have to be constantly supplied with food, drink, and entertainment [ie: bread and circuses]. He also understands that he has to constantly stoke their fears, their jealousies, their resentments.
Caesar funded and encouraged the formation of gangs that terrorized their fellow Romans on his orders or on the orders of his henchmen.
While Donald Trump and his minions have not gone as far by directly encouraging violence, they have encouraged it indirectly or turned blind eyes to the acts of some of their mob groups [ex: the vicious trolling of those who oppose Trump on Social Media], while camouflaging themselves under the cover of those of his supporters who are not thuggish, who are, as I wrote recently: ‘fed-up with the political situation and have made the calculation that Trump is the best person to bring about the changes necessary to save America from it’s further decline into a Tyranny’. [This may be changing to more direct encouragement, if the Michelle Fields assault incident is any indication.]
That Sarah Palin, as you can see from her post above, is not simply turning a blind eye to such tactics, but engaging in them proves to me once and for all that I was wrong in my positive assessment of her character, her fitness to serve honorably in an elected capacity. With her decision to pursue and practice the same tactics as, Mrs. Palin has shown herself to be unworthy of any further Respect, any Loyalty, or any serious consideration as a Defender of The American Republic.
For this severe error in judgement, I apologize to you all.