So: @SarahPalinUSA Plays Her Trump Card

20 January 2016 @ 08:34

Dumb move by her. —And I say that as someone who, until 2012, very strongly advocated for her to run for President.

With so much at stake, with emotions running so high, to go against a true conservative who has proven he is willing to truly take on the GOPe is a major mistake. This will severely damage whatever sway she holds and credibility she has with conservatives.

For what is Palin profited, if she shall gain the Populists, and lose her own soul?

The Gospel According To Belvedere, 23:17

1. 20 January 2016 @ 16:11 16:11

She’s pretty much lost all credibility and so has her family and her twice pregnant out of wedlock daughter. Sarah obviously has no love for the GOP establishment. Hence the endorsement of Trump. But still, she should have gone for Cruz. Perhaps she’s hoping for a vice presidential nomination again?

• 20 January 2016 @ 17:28 17:28

Well, we all have kids that are idiots. But be that as it may, I lost all respect for Palin when she quit her term as governor of Alaska halfway through. See the Gospel according to Bob above.

• 20 January 2016 @ 21:56 21:56

Mrs. Palin was losing popularity for various reasons, but I think this move will really damage her influence.

2. indyjonesouthere permalink
    20 January 2016 @ 22:10 22:10

It appears that Schlafly has also endorsed Trump. I suspect that the failure of Cruz to disclose campaign loans from Goldman Sachs is the likely reason for both of them to abandon Cruz along with the natural born citizen problem. Another reason is that people are beginning to hate on government and do not trust government. Having no connection to government or politicians is a plus. Will Trump actually follow through on the promises made? Well, for the last few decades they have all lied like hell and that is why we are where we are. Can a non-politician be worse?

3. theebl permalink
    22 January 2016 @ 11:58 11:58

I was personally disappointed she did not endorse Cruz. I know he support of Trump was 1) a big FU to the GOPe and 2) she thinks Trump has the better shot at winning than Cruz

But my disgust of what the GOPe is doing to Cruz is off the charts…

4. 22 January 2016 @ 17:13 17:13

I’ve been a staunch defender of hers for eight years both on social media and in real life. Since 2008, I’ve posted countless articles about her on my blog and other places like Canada Free Press and American Journal. I didn’t want to believe people who said she was just out for fame and money. But after she shared her daughter’s ridiculous post in which she attacked Cruz for “slamming” her mother when the statement was mild criticism at worst, I was done – talk about juvenile.

The actual endorsement of Trump was the last straw. I happened to be in Indianola, Iowa back in 2011 to see her at that rally and wonder how/if she plans to explain her switch from opposition to crony capitalism to embrace of ethanol subsidies and eminent domain abuse (just to name a few glaring examples). I despise the GOPe establishment for aiding and abetting the current administration, deal-making, shredding the Constitution, being big spenders etc. I passionately defended Sarah Palin against them for the way they abused and maligned her. Yes, I understand her anger toward ; however, to settle a personal grievance by using whatever influence she has to foist a progressive fraud like Trump upon our nation is inexcusable.

And much like the Trump supporters, Palin’s die-hard supporters attack people personally if they dare to criticize her on substance. I thought 2012 was bad, but this 2016 primary is absurd, frustrating, and frightening. God help us.

5. scientivore permalink
    25 January 2016 @ 04:59 04:59

I thought it was a savvy move on her part. There is considerable overlap between Jacksonians and conservatives, but a lot more people are culturally American (the “silent majority”) than ideologically conservative. This slight shift gives her audience a lot of room for growth.

• 26 January 2016 @ 21:35 21:35

It certainly will be very interesting to see how it plays-out.

• scientivore permalink
        14 January 2017 @ 13:44 13:44

So almost a year later, what do you think? (Also I should’ve said “and” instead of “but”. Grr, bad habits! [shakes fist])

6. WarEagle82 permalink
    30 January 2016 @ 15:23 15:23

I was a big fan of Palin until very recently. This endorsement reveals a great deal about Palin and her motives.

Trump is not a Republican. Trump is not a small government conservative. Trump not a social conservative, not a fiscal conservative, and not a national security conservative. He is certainly not an evangelical Christian, and it is difficult to conclude he is even a cultural Christian.

Trump is in it for Trump, and no one else. Palin has to know this and now I can only conclude she too is in it for herself. If not, then Palin is not nearly as smart as I assumed.

I wonder what her price was? And I wonder what Jerry Falwell Junior’s price was. And Huckabee’s price, and Santorum’s price. Santorum and Palin have surprised me backing Trump.

At this point, I have nearly concluded that I would not vote for Trump under any circumstances.

1. If All You See… » Pirate's Cove