On Mass Willful Blindness

23 February 2015 @ 14:34

Before I went to bed last night, I was flipping around channels on television when I came to a Fox News program on the 2016 Presidential Race.

This one concerned itself with the Democratic field and I caught a few minutes of an interview with former Senator Jim Webb. I listened to him for several minutes – this supposed ‘Old School Democrat’ / ‘Jacksonian’ – and then clicked over to look at the latest weather radar.

I came back to the program a few minutes later and host Bret Baier was having a discussion with A.B. Stoddard, Stephen Hayes, and Charles Krauthammer.

As I sat there listening both times, I quickly found myself hearing their words and realizing that they all were participants in an effort – deep-down likely desperate in nature – to keep the structure of a grand fantasy propped-up. An all-consuming effort to preserve a charming and comforting dream-scape.

I’m not speaking of the 2016 Democratic Presidential Race, but of the whole rose-colored charade that overlays the Reality of what America truly is in 2015.

I felt as though I was watching people engaged in a child’s Pretend Game. Then, I knew, I was.

This is the thought that has been building inside of me for quite some time, but, until last Evening, had remained indescribable, an upsetting and disquieting set of feelings that I could not put my finger on and could not avoid.

Now, these feelings that had so troubled my Soul coalesced: the vast, vast majority of people in America spend every moment of every day kidding themselves that things will pretty much go along here as they always have. Sure, there will be ups and downs – and some of the downs may be pretty awful like, say World War II – but it will all work out in the end. The United States Of America, all fifty states of it, will endure.

Except for a very few, the people of America are engaging in an act of Mass Willful Blindness.

These are the times when we expect people to arise who refuse to wear the Blinders Of Avoidance and band together to preserve what can be preserved that is Good, despite the self-inflicted ignorance of most. Sadly, the majority of people who normally would rise to the occasion are they themselves engaging in acts of Willful Blindness – not as completely, but they always seem hesitant to take that one, last step into full awareness of the actual situation.

We few who are not so self-blinded are on our own because I cannot foresee those others just mentioned opening up their eyes in time.

The national government is so diseased with the cancer of Leftism that it cannot be saved. Time to retreat from it and regroup and take over some portion of this country.

We, the Sighted, The Remnant, must gather together and work to preserve what we can of that Sacred Gift given to use by The Founding Fathers and The Creator.

We must Join Or Die.

We must Join or the Idea Of America will die an ignominious death clasped in the chains of Evil.

OUTLAW.

1. 23 February 2015 @ 22:55 22:55

I have the same feeling. I wish I were wrong.

• 24 February 2015 @ 16:51 16:51

I’m not young either. Maybe we feel this way because we experienced our country when she was great. I feel a profound sense of loss when I think of what we were like when I was a child and a young adult. Family, home and country were everything to us.

2. Adobe_Walls permalink
    24 February 2015 @ 04:52 04:52

In 2010 I was sure we’d not make it this far without some sort of catastrophic collapse, probably financial. At the moment the catastrophe seems just as likely to be foreign affairs. What I have come to realize is that ”the system” can stand a great deal of can kicking. As someone put it ”there is a great deal of ruin in a country or a civilization”. Unfortunately most people see this as a reason for hope.

3. Bob Rodachy permalink
    24 February 2015 @ 06:32 06:32

Feels like 1860 all over again. God, I hope we win this time!

• indyjonesouthere permalink
      24 February 2015 @ 12:16 12:16

It is somewhere between 1720-85….and how did that turn out for the ruling elite?

4. 24 February 2015 @ 16:58 16:58

I’m not going down without without a fight. I may be an old geezer, but I still have my wits about me. I never miss a chance to poke Obama and his sycophants in the eye. On March 3rd, I plan to spend the entire day cheer-leading for Netanyahu on Twitter. Can’t wait to pour the salt of derision on that slimy slug Obama and watch as he curls up in impotence.

5. 24 February 2015 @ 19:37 19:37

Reblogged this on That Mr. G Guy's Blog.

6. 25 February 2015 @ 09:56 09:56

You can’t do anything meaningful about it, so just take the whole botttle of sleeping pills and the world will be a more peaceful place. Until the Muslims take over courtesy of the Muslim-in-chief, since America has chosen to turn its’ back on God and in turn he has chosen to turn his back on America.

1. Erica Garner Slams Sharpton: It’s About the Money | Regular Right Guy