Oh Noes! – @SenRandPaul Receives Kiss Of Death

08 November 2014 @ 01:19

Turtle-Hump-001And it’s a big slobbering one to boot [tip of the fedora to Mark Levin (yeah, I said it!)]:

“(It’s) not tricky at all,” [Mitch] McConnell said. “Obviously, I’m a big supporter of Rand Paul. We’ve developed a very tight relationship, and I’m for him.”

I hope this, one and for all, disabuses conservatives and Classical Liberals of the notion that Rand Paul is worth supporting and can be trusted with leading us into battle.

Besides: I swear the guy — like his old man, but maybe not as bad — has a screw loose.

1. Adobe_Walls permalink
    08 November 2014 @ 13:19 13:19

As the old saying goes, the fruitcake doesn’t fall very far from the fruitcake tree. I’m not sure he’ll run. In Kentucky, by law, he can’t run for president and for senator at the same time. So unless he can dip his toe in, realize he can’t get the nomination (he can’t) and drop out in time to file for the senate race he’ll be out of office for at least two years. Depending on Florida and Ohio law Rubio and Rob Portman could be in the same boat. This leaves Ted Cruz as the only senator whose name is being bandied about as a presidential hopeful who isn’t risking his senate seat.

• 09 November 2014 @ 02:32 02:32

I’m seriously thinking of concentrating on Article V efforts and urging rebellion of several of the Several States, and not concerning myself with the 2016 national elections.

As each day passes, I’m becoming more and more convinced that any hope for a non-violent resolution of the present political crisis lies only in the Several States.

• 09 November 2014 @ 08:48 08:48

I’ve read that Rand Paul might be able to persuade the Kentucky legislature to repeal that law, if he’s serious about running for President.

Though, it seems to me if he’s that serious he wouldn’t run for both at the same time.

2. 09 November 2014 @ 10:04 10:04

Inasmuch as I know Rand, I’ll take this opportunity to assure whoever’s listening that he’s saner than his detractors — perhaps including the proprietor of this blog.

• Adobe_Walls permalink
      09 November 2014 @ 18:03 18:03

Saner than all of his detractors? Rather tall order I’d say. I’ll say this, I don’t trust Rand Paul’s judgement on foreign policy. While some of what he’s said of late is more reassuring I doubt his sincerity. I certainly don’t trust anyone who doubts that Islam per se is an existential threat to humanity. Obviously most, if not all, Republicans fail that same test. I’d be delighted to have a couple more Rand Pauls in the senate and a handful of Ron Pauls in the house. The White House, I’ll pass.

1. Citizen Clay Aiken: The Docu-series? | Regular Right Guy