A Quick Note (Am)

07 October 2014 @ 21:21

A-minor has always been my favorite — full of pending doom.

Anyway…

Work is very busy these days and that’s why my posting quantity has been down.  This is my busy season and it’s been complicated this year by the fact that I’m having to train someone at the same time in doing those tasks which make it my busy season.

Being so disgusted with the situation in this country doesn’t help.  It’s often been rendering me speechless.

You gotta keep on strokin’. —Baretta

1. 07 October 2014 @ 21:41 21:41

Know what you mean Bob. Been on the road since the first of September with a periodic day or two off here and there. Hope they keep it up until my regular gig starting at Thanksgiving.

In Naples, Florida right now doing a restroom remodel at a major chain drug store on Marcos Island. ADA compliance is a bitch for these major corporations.

• 07 October 2014 @ 21:45 21:45

It’s funny: I work for a state government that takes private businesses to court over not being compliant with ADA and, yet, very few of their buildings are. Go figure.

Godspeed on the job thing, Mike.

2. 07 October 2014 @ 23:08 23:08

I get the whole Busy Season thing.

I’ll be having my own soon enough.

• 07 October 2014 @ 23:45 23:45

The training has really slowed me down. Normally, I would have been finishing up this week.

3. Adobe_Walls permalink
    07 October 2014 @ 23:16 23:16

Most older buildings don’t get inspected for ADA compliance unless there’s a complaint which is usually made by a disabled worker and the violation can be as pointless a bathroom mirror being off by an inch or two. The most effective preventive measure an employer can take is don’t hire disabled people.

1. Carter Chides Barry on ISIS | Regular Right Guy