Pope Francis Reveals His True Self?

05 August 2014 @ 20:40

From Truth Revolt, Paul Bois reporting, we learn [tip of the fedora to Sdferr]:

On Monday, HuffPost Religion reported that Pope Francis has just reinstated Father Miguel D’Escoto of Nicaragua after 29 years of suspension by the sternly anti-communist Pope John Paul II for supporting Nicaragua’s revolutionary government during the 1970’s.

The decision came after D’Escoto sent a letter to the Vatican requesting that he be allowed to resume the priesthood so that he could reportedly “celebrate Mass before dying.” While suspended, D’Escoto served on the UN General Assembly from September 2008 until September 2009. He also currently acts as Senior Adviser on Foreign Affairs to President Daniel Ortega Saavedra.

In the letter, D’Escoto made no recantations of his communist beliefs, in fact, D’Escoto still belongs to the Sandista National Liberation Front (SNLF), a Marxist political movement with past ties to the Soviet Communist Party. According to Trevor Loudon, D’Escoto joined the group in 1985 as its foreign minister and was given the Lenin Peace Prize by the Soviets.

D’Escoto has also been a harsh critic of American foreign policy. In a letter to Barack Obama, he said American foreign policy was guided by Satan guilty of “terrorist, murderous and genocidal U.S. imperialism.” He also urged Obama to have “the courage to acknowledge also that capitalism is, in fact, the most un-Christian doctrine and practice ever devised by man to keep us separate and unequal in a kind of global apartheid.

D’Escoto doesn’t much like the tiny, Jewish state of Israel either and has, in fact, accused Israel of genocide against the Palestinians. His comments would later be used by Al Jazeera in 2009 as propaganda.

That action by Pope Francis may well be the proof needed that he is out to destroy fundamentally transform The Church into a Heretical Abomination.

One by one, the pillars on which Western Civilization rests are being reduced to rubble by rot from within them.  And it would seem that this Pope is a necrosis.

The last, best hope for Mankind would seem to truly lie with those of us here in the former United States Of America who still hold Virtue, Morality, Tradition, and Free Will in high regard — Sacred things that must be jealously guarded — and are willing to fight for their Preservation and Restoration.

We are engaged in a Crusade against those forces that would plunge us into the darkness Savagery.

1. 05 August 2014 @ 21:42 21:42

Not surprising. But then it could also be seen as an act of kindness, allowing this man to celebrate one last time.

2. Nan permalink
    05 August 2014 @ 23:14 23:14

He’s 80. Allowing this man to celebrate Mass is an act of mercy.

• thecampofthesaints permalink
      06 August 2014 @ 09:21 09:21

Should Mercy be shown to someone who is an unrepentant believer in a philosophy that has lead to the slaughter of, at least, one hundred million people? A philosophy that is profoundly Anti-Christian?

On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 11:14 PM, The Camp Of The Saints wrote:

• 06 August 2014 @ 22:16 22:16

I think there actually is something in Catholic teaching about having mercy and forgiveness even for the most horrible of people; if I am not mistaken, I think we are also supposed to pray for them. And love our enemies.
        Which reminds me of the old Irish prayer that The Lord turn the hearts of our enemies, or at least turn their ankles so we’ll know them by their limping!

3. 05 August 2014 @ 23:34 23:34

As a very poor excuse for a Catholic (the worst kind: born into it & lazy) I refrain from commenting about the Pope before speaking with Catholics who are good at being Catholic first, especially when the source of a story is an anti-Catholic hardcore leftist site like PuffHo. I’d like to know what Peter DaTechGuy and Lisa Graas think about this, because they know vastly more about The Church than I do, understand the Doctrine, and go around the leftist media to find out what really happened and why, from a straightforward Good Catholic perspective. I hold no quarter for commies, as you well know, but I can’t criticize my Pope when I am sure there is something I am not aware of in what looks like something that might make me run away screaming from the only religion I’ve ever had if the story is indeed as bad as it looks.
    However, there IS a leftist infestation within the Catholic Church and there has been for a very long time. Recall my post from a few years ago about how the Bishops helped cram the abomination that is Obamacare down our throats, and I am not amused by the invader coddling, islamogrovelling, the failure to speak up FORCEFULLY in defense of my persecuted Christian brothers and sisters who are being wiped out by islamogenocide as we speak, or the fact that there are so very many stupid, stupid, Catholics who vote Democrat, either.
    I am with you, however, in the belief that the last best hope for civilization lies in the hearts of decent people who will not cower or run the other way when the evil stands in front of them.
    It is late and I don’t feel well so please forgive me if my words are nonsensical.
    I am just glad that you are here, shining a light into dark corners and reporting to us on what scurries out.

• 06 August 2014 @ 08:56 08:56

Good attitude to have. Hear informed opinions instead of jaundiced ones.

4. 05 August 2014 @ 23:40 23:40

P.S. I really, truly, and deeply miss Pope John Paul II, and I love Pope Emeritus Benedict. One of the last things Benedict did before retiring was to recognize and canonize victims of an islamic massacre who were martyred for their faith. They were people who when told to convert, be dhimmies, or get murdered by mohamadeen savages, they chose to stay true to the one and only Lord and Savior.

5. 07 August 2014 @ 10:49 10:49

C’mon Bob the guy has been out of circulation for 29 years and asked to be able to be able to celebrate the Eucharist before he dies.

Justice and Mercy are the two parts of the church and remember while he has given mercy here he has not been shy about enforcing the rules either as the LCWR can tell you.

Of course the HuffPo et/al don’t bother to tell that side of the story, because it doesn’t fit their narrative.

The most foolish thing catholics can do is to let the left spin us on the Pope in ways that we would never allow them to do otherwise

6. David R. Graham permalink
    07 August 2014 @ 22:49 22:49

FWIW: I read the comments, weighed them as best a mortal might (I hope), read the correlative literature and support Belvedere on this. The guy has not been out of circulation for 29 years. He has been in politics, Lefty politics, anti-Christian politics. He is a blasphemer and an infidel. He was not defrocked, merely suspended. JPII already conferred upon him enough mercy. His minions are invading the United States. His Order is a Fifth Column, as are so many other RC Orders and all the Anglican ones. Benedict was gathering participation and good will. Francis is gathering approval from enemies of The Church. Bob is right on this as so much else. The religion called Christianity is dead. Christianity is alive. Bonhoeffer saw this condition of affairs many, many years ago. Living with a piano wire noose coming to one’s neck tends to cause clarity of thought. Zilla and datech are sentimentalists and sentimentalism is contra-Christian.

7. Pat Smith permalink
    29 August 2014 @ 20:57 20:57

Folks, there’s some confusion on some of the finer points of the priesthood, as is almost always the case with Huff Po. First, the issue of “mercy” in allowing D’Escoto to offer Mass. That is not unusual. But if his status was Suspension, then all that is required is a Dispensation for private mass. There is no reason for public Mass (removing the Suspension) if it is a spiritual preparation for his death. In other words, his position in the Church and relation to other Catholics would not change with a dispensation, but it would grant his request by allowing private Mass, no lifting of Suspension needed. However, if the Pope lifted the Suspension itself, D’Escoto has all the rights and privileges of a priest in good standing, in his diocese if the permission of his bishop allows. I note for clarity that ignorant publications often confuse Suspension, Laicization, and Excommunicatoin. I don’t know which actually applies here, but it sounds like he was merely suspended, a status which is often lifted when problems are rectified. The other two are more complex, but they do seem to indicate that Pope John Paul’s intention was that D’Escoto remain in his vocation. It is odd that Pope Francis would lift a Suspension when it seemingly serves no purpose (other than “make a statement”) when he has almost simultaneously suspended very holy, worthy and respected priests for seemingly no other “fault” than offering the Traditional Latin Mass.

1. Pope Francis Reveals His True Self? | That Mr. G Guy's Blog