One Flew Over The Feminist’s Nest

24 May 2014 @ 00:39

Actually…this title is not quite accurate as Feminists don’t like to nest, but, as you will hopefully see, it fits.

Stacy McCain is, perhaps, the best analyst of what under-girds Feminist Thinking.

He has spent years studying the writings of Feminists of all stripes and has developed a happy talent for seeing through their fog of often decipherable pronouncements on the ‘serial oppression’ of women in Western Society.

In his latest mini-essay on the subject, Stacy makes an observation about the kind of women attracted to Feminism that is as penetrating as the best PIV [‘Penis In Vagina’ — ie: intercourse]:

What we may surmise — trigger warning for logic — is that “feminist spaces” are disproportionately populated with women who have suffered such traumatic experiences and who, rather than dealing with their psychological problems through therapy, have instead decided that “the personal is political,” so that their feminist politics are actually an attempt to rationalize their personal problems.

It is not at all uncommon for women who identify themselves as feminists to admit that they suffer from mental illness, without seeming to recognize the significance of these admissions.

…Over and over, when you read the autobiographical writings of feminists, you encounter admissions of psychiatric problems — clinical depression, bipolar disorder, substance abuse, et cetera — so frequently that you wonder if the entire feminist movement is on Prozac.

Don’t forget Xanax!

In the Comments section, Stacy remarks:

It’s weird: Feminists would have us believe they are engaged in a humanitarian crusade when…much of their agenda can be viewed as basically selfish, and it has never struck me as “humanitarian” to teach one-half the population to hate the other half.

All Leftists are always forced to argue that it is their enemies who are what they themselves actually are.

I’ve always thought that they did so because they knew their beliefs were unpopular with the un-Illuminated masses, so they had to hide their intentions in the ‘noble’ cause of Immanentizing The Eschaton.

But now I wonder if they conduct themselves in this way because they are compelled to avoid the kind of introspection that would cause their carefully crafted view of themselves to collapse in a heap of profound FAIL.

This is one of the main reasons why I believe, and have stated many times here, that the vast, vast majority of Leftists are suffering from mental illness [the rest, very few in number, are naked seekers of Power And Control].

In women, this form of mental illness should be labeled, for the sake of being accurate: Hysteria.

EXHIBIT #1 in my proof: Amanda Marcotte

…I don’t particularly like babies. They are loud and smelly and, above all other things, demanding. No matter how much free day care you throw at women, babies are still time-sucking monsters with their constant neediness. No matter how flexible you make my work schedule, my entire life would be overturned by a baby. I like my life how it is, with my ability to do what I want when I want without having to arrange for a babysitter. I like being able to watch True Detective right now and not wait until baby is in bed. I like sex in any room of the house I please. I don’t want a baby. I’ve heard your pro-baby arguments. Glad those work for you, but they are unconvincing to me. Nothing will make me want a baby.And don’t float “adoption” as an answer. Adoption? Fuck you, seriously. I am not turning my body over for nine months of gaining weight and puking and being tired and suffering and not being able to sleep on my side and going to the hospital for a bout of misery and pain so that some couple I don’t know and probably don’t even like can have a baby. I don’t owe that couple a free couch to sleep on while they come to my city to check out the local orphans, so I sure as shit don’t own them my body. I like drinking alcohol and eating soft cheese. I like not having a giant growth protruding out of my stomach. I hate hospitals and like not having stretch marks. We don’t even force men to donate sperm—a largely pleasurable activity with no physical cost—so forcing women to donate babies is reprehensible.

This is why, if my birth control fails, I am totally having an abortion. Given the choice between living my life how I please and having my body within my control and the fate of a lentil-sized, brainless embryo that has half a chance of dying on its own anyway, I choose me. Here’s another uncomfortable fact for anti-choicers: Just because a woman does want children doesn’t mean she wants them now. Maybe she’s still got some fun-having to do. Or maybe she has a couple already and, already well-educated about the smelly neediness of babies, feels done with having them. Either way, what she wants trumps the non-existent desires of a mindless pre-person that is so small it can be removed in about two minutes during an outpatient procedure. Your cavities fight harder to stay in place.

The Mistress Of Bedlam, she should be.

1. 24 May 2014 @ 01:09 01:09

Once upon a time they’d be locked away. Now they get tenure.

OTOH, I feel the lack of responsibility astounding in the feminist arguement. If you are not willing to face the full consequenses of an action, do not undertake that action. I can see a use for proper family planning, but abortion is fundamentally running away from the problem, not accepting the consequences of one’s actions.

• Kevin permalink
      24 May 2014 @ 13:36 13:36

Yep. This kind of thing happens when you mistake biological urge for human right. Next stop on the slippery slope down, government providing sex under ACA. Some will have to be made sex slaves forcibly of course. Why do you think they want you disarmed?

2. David R. Graham permalink
    24 May 2014 @ 01:25 01:25

I think mental illness is the correct route of analysis. “Insanity” is the word that has been occurring to me of late. Whether they are suffering from or enjoying it seems to me an open question at this point. Certain it is they exhibit no intention of wanting much less gaining health. Also, the insanity appears definitely self-induced.

In the old days, females who went down this road were spoken of as skags or stuck-ups unable to get laid. Surely women had comparably ungenerous epithets for male they considered unworthy of attention. The ways of life, ordinarily accepted, even if sorrowfully.

But public ravings against their lot, projecting blame elsewhere than on their own immutable conditions, mercifully was not done. And most of the less-than-attractive persons, female and male, eventually found a mate and had a nice life. Myself included in that number.

3. 24 May 2014 @ 02:23 02:23

Reblogged this on Catholibertarian.

4. Starless permalink
    24 May 2014 @ 07:34 07:34

The inherent mental instability is clear when you put the Sex Positive message next to the conviction that we live in a “rape culture”. On the one hand, it’s the pinnacle of personal and social achievement — the ultimate expression of female sovereignty — to stimulate your genitals like rabbits, yet OTOH, those self-same genitals are such precious and delicate flowers that they must be protected at all costs, even if it means destroying someone else’s life with a false rape accusation after a regrettable “hook-up”. The resulting discordance leaves the feminist with no alternative but to lie to herself and everyone else about her philosophy and to avoid responsibility at every turn.

It used to be that a woman’s prerogative was restrained by social convention, but now all of the restraints on this gender specific expression of the id have been cast aside and we’ve even gone so far as to give it the force of law. Ladies, you want to give free rein to all of your childish impulses? Go right ahead and be as morally righteous and sanctimonious as you like with your meanness and duplicity because society and the law have your backs now.

5. 24 May 2014 @ 18:06 18:06

‘This is why, if my birth control fails, I am totally having an abortion.’
    The woman sounds so unpleasant that I can’t imagine she NEEDS birth control.

• 24 May 2014 @ 18:13 18:13

She actually has a boyfriend.

• 24 May 2014 @ 20:09 20:09

The mind reels…
        Let’s change the subject entirely. I can’t get the html right for some reason Bob, but look on my blog for my latest post “World War 2 has not given up all its secrets yet: A story for Memorial Day.”

• 26 May 2014 @ 20:29 20:29

Looks fine to me.

BTW: Reblogged – thank you for doing the post.

• 26 May 2014 @ 20:32 20:32

Thanks, Bob. It’s a great story.

• Starless permalink
        24 May 2014 @ 22:42 22:42

Marc Faletti. I don’t think there is any positive proof that he has testicles, though. Go to his Flickr page — almost every image you see is of angry feminists either about to get an abortion or thinking about it.

1. FMJRA 2.0: Satisfaction : The Other McCain