On The Spread Of The Thug Culture And Depraved Indifference [UPDATED]

15 July 2013 @ 20:21

Stacy McCain published two very insightful posts today on the Trayvon Martin / George Zimmerman story that are well worth one’s time.

From his first, over at The American Spectator:

Both of Trayvon’s suspensions during his junior year at Krop High involved crimes that could have led to his prosecution as a juvenile offender. However, Chief Charles Hurley of the Miami-Dade School Police Department (MDSPD) in 2010 had implemented a policy that reduced the number of criminal reports, manipulating statistics to create the appearance of a reduction in crime within the school system. Less than two weeks before Martin’s death, the school system commended Chief Hurley for “decreasing school-related juvenile delinquency by an impressive 60 percent for the last six months of 2011.” What was actually happening was that crimes were not being reported as crimes, but instead treated as disciplinary infractions.

Several systems, all in the control of the Left and/or dominated by fear of the Left, lead to Martin not receiving the real, the true, justice he deserved.

An arrest on any one of the crimes he committed might have woken the young man up to the reality that if you live like a criminal chances are you will die like one [see Stacy’s second post here].  Or it might have woken-up his happily slumbering parents from their self-induced comas of denial about their son.

I know, I know…the behavior of Martin’s parents after their son’s death makes one think that even an arrest and trial for burglary would not have been a sufficient enough shock to startle them into consciousness, but I do think there was a chance it might have worked.

And it should have happened because the preservation of our precious and fragile system of Law And Order under The Rule Of Law demands that even the smaller crimes against property [ie: burglary] must be prosecuted.  To ignore small crime is to provide the fuel to bigger crimes.  Trayvon Martin was well on his way to living the life of a stone-cold criminal.

Law enforcement failed him.  The public school system failed him.  His parents failed him.  Given that he was seventeen, Martin was, however, the ultimate architect of his own death scene.  But he was helped along by a large helping of Depraved Indifference.

After his death, the Left used Trayvon Martin for their own ends because individuals mean nothing in their eyes when put up against the ends the Left seeks.  Sacrifices must be made for the good of The Cause.  Using individuals as you like is permitted in the name of The Revolution.  Trayvon Martin has been reduced to one of the means to the Leftist end.

In the Comments section of Stacy’s Spectator post, Occam’s Tool comments:

John Derbyshire was driven off NR when he noted the advice he gave his children to avoid getting into areas or situations that would result in violence.

The fact is that there is a reason that I am raising my children in rural NW Minnesota and hope that they attend University at UND or NDSU. There are areas of places that I hope they never go, and people I hope they never meet. I home school them to avoid people like Trayvon Martin, irrespective of the color of their skin.

Unfortunately, our public schools are more and more becoming the home of students like Trayvon Martin, and many of them are not Black. And our authorities are covering it up, because their interest is their power maintenance, and not our kids.

Trayvon’s dad is bleating about missing him on National media sites. But if he had done his job as a dad, Trayvon would not have ended up the drug addled punk that he was. And he would still be alive.

Instead, Martin was allowed to join and remain a member of the Thug Culture.

This phenomenon has invaded every sector of American Society.  It cares not what skin color one has, as it feeds off the Souls of it’s followers.  It is celebrated throughout Society.  It is deemed ‘cool’.  It can be found lurking in the blood-soaked streets of Chicago and in the sloppy dress of middle-class people.  It pervades the arts.  It pervades politics.  Most of America worships The Cult Of The Thug to one degree or another.

No restoration of our freedoms and liberties will long survive until we purge ourselves of such affections as we have for things like The Thug Culture.

UPDATE at 2113…

Stacy McCain has published another post and this one is his best so far on this subject.

A highlight:

Trayvon Martin comes from what used to be called “a broken home,” back in the days when most Americans got married and stayed married, so that kids had a Mom and a Dad and brothers and sisters — y’know, what we used to call a “family” once upon a time — instead of a kaleidoscopic arrangement of stepparents and half-siblings, Baby Daddies and Mama’s New Boyfriend and so forth. Call me old-fashioned, if you will, but I tend to think it might be relevant when we learn that a Troubled Youth comes from a Broken Home.

Well, let’s not be judgmental. And while we’re not being judgmental, say the mainstream media, let’s just not even mention these facts, because we don’t want to demonize anyone, see?

Start asking questions about Sybrina Fulton and Tracy Martin and Brandy Green — hater! — and you have no idea what you might find because, quite frankly, nobody in the national media seems to have asked any questions about these people. This is why, for example, you may not know that there was a stepmother, Alicia Stanley, who says she practically raised Trayvon Martin for 14 years before she got shoved aside for Tracy Martin’s new girlfriend, Brandy Green.

How many other wives or girlfriends has Trayvon’s father had? How many brothers and sisters and half-brothers and half-sisters and step-brothers and step-sisters did Trayvon have?

Damned if I know the answer to those questions, because it seems like nobody covering this story ever asked any questions like that….

Do take the time to click here and read the rest.

1. 15 July 2013 @ 20:51 20:51

Good post Bob and dead solid on target. You’re right…the kid was 17 and should be treated as an adult.

Our Father, when we were teenagers and did something really stupid like buck up to discipline, would say, you want to act like a man, I’ll treat you like a man and believe me, it wasn’t pretty, IYKWIM.

2. M. Thompson permalink
    15 July 2013 @ 21:37 21:37

Well, young Mr. Martin’s existance was a case of eventually either a jail term or a death from criminal misadventure.

And damn, but I do not care for gang-bangers, would be or other wise.

3. Ernst Schreiber permalink
    16 July 2013 @ 02:26 02:26

One of the genuine tragedies in this case, is that perhaps the first person to show genuine, as opposed to perfunctory, interest in what Trayvon Martin was up to was the man who ultimately had to kill him.

4. 16 July 2013 @ 11:26 11:26

Martin was on a collision course. I think he was doomed. If he had lived in Chicago, he probably wouldn’t have made it to 17.

5. 16 July 2013 @ 18:02 18:02

a thug made out by the holy media to be a choir boy..typical eh…

6. mrpaulrevere permalink
    17 July 2013 @ 19:22 19:22

Outstanding post Bob, very perceptive!

7. Blind Druid permalink
    19 July 2013 @ 22:11 22:11

This was a response to an article about the Zimmerman case at CBS Tampa Bay. Well done that poster!

“You probably won’t recognize me or even know my name. My name was Antonio Santiago.
    I was the 13-month old baby who was shot in the face at point blank range by two Black teens who were attempting to rob my mom who also got shot. A Grand Jury of my mommy and daddy’s peers from Brunswick GA determined the teens who murdered me will not face the death penalty because they were too young… too bad, I was given a death sentence by them for being too young, White, innocent, defenseless and in the ‘wrong’ neighborhood where I lived.
    My mommy and daddy made the mistake of being White and living in a 73% non-white neighborhood, but my murder was not ruled a Hate Crime. The Justice Department never even investigated my death, or if my rights were violated. President Obama didn’t take so much as a single moment to acknowledge my murder or honor me.
    I am one of the youngest murder victims in our great nation’s history, but the media doesn’t care to cover the story of my tragic demise. Michelle wasn’t heartbroken. President Obama has no children who could possibly look like me, so he doesn’t care and the media didn’t care because my story is not interesting enough to bring them ratings so they can sell commercial time slots.
    There is not a White equivalent of Al Sharpton because if there was he would be declared racist, so there is no one rushing to Brunswick GA to demand justice for me.
    There is no White Panther party to put a bounty on the lives of those Black guys who murdered me. I have no voice, I have no representation and unlike those who shot me in the face while I sat innocently in my stroller – I no longer have my life.
    So while you are seeking justice, rioting and demonstrating for Treyvon Martin, please remember to seek justice for me too. Tell your friends about me, tell your families, get tee-shirts with my face on them and make the world pay attention, just like you’re doing for Treyvon Martin.
    Tony”

8. joshua permalink
    21 July 2013 @ 22:11 22:11

I know exactly what happened that
    night because I have been paying attention to the liberal media!
    9-year old Trayvon Martin was on his
    way home from choir practice and delivering hot meals to the elderly.
    He stopped to hold umbrellas for a
    Girl Scout Troop which was raising money for quadriplegic AIDS victims in
    Africa. After he helped the Girl Scouts, he then delivered 10 Golden Retriever
    puppies which were breach birth.
    That’s
    when George Zimmerman pulled up in his Hummer, (And it wasn’t one of those good
    mileage H3 Hummers that soccer moms and real estate agents drive, it was one of
    the first generation Hummers in full camo.) on his way home from a White Hispanic KKK
    meeting. In the back seat of GZ’s Hummer, police found two boxes of
    fund-raising literature for the “Peruvians for George Bush PAC.”
    There were
    two large Confederate flags flying from twin 15′ bumper mount CB antennas.
    High on meth and shouting racist
    slogans, GZ saw TM and opened up with his twin roof-mounted 50 caliber machine
    guns.
    TM saved all the Girl Scouts and
    their LGBT leaders and then went back to save the Golden Retriever puppies.
    GZ ran out of ammunition so he
    unholstered two Desert Eagle .44 magnum pistols and started firing at the puppies
    and TM.
    That’s when TM was hit in the back
    by 32 rounds of hollow-point, teflon-coated & explosive ammunition.
    With his last breaths, TM prayed for
    GZ and forgave him.
    Then GZ called his cop buddies who
    were at the KKK rally. They cleaned up the site and made the Girl Scouts and
    Golden Retrievers “disappear” in the Everglades so there would be no
    witnesses. They washed the blood from GZ’s jowls after he gnawed on TM’s still
    beating heart.
    It must be true! Justice for Trayvon
    (and his mother’s merchandising rights)!
    Oh yes, GZ is the current world
    champion for ALL schools of martial art and had just escaped from a mental
    institution for the criminally insane. A few years earlier, he was indicted for
    murder eight times but got off only because his father was a Supreme Court
    Justice.
    TM was at
    least the spiritual and possibly the actual son of the Most Awesomest President
    Ever!
    GZ, the
    first White Hispanic man condemned by BO, the first Black White President was
    whisked away by black helicopters to an undisclosed prison facility believed to
    be next to Guantanamo Bay waterboarding camp in Cuba, managed and run by
    Blackwater staff and Halliburton retirees as a crowd of unemployed loyal black
    American patriots watched respectfully and peacefully, lead by Uber
    conservative religious spokespersons Most Reverent Alphonso Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, the
    highly educated and lawabiding New Black Panther honor guard and drum line, and
    members of the Congressional Black Caucus that vowed to disband their group to
    secure better race relations with white Hispanics and the far religious
    Christian right wind of the GOP. As the helicopters disappeared into the fading
    colorful Norman Rockwallish American sunset, the crowd gently hummed the
    national anthem and the American flag was seen being slowly stuck to the bugle
    rendition of Taps delivered by quadruple amputee Seal Team Six survivor of the
    famous Obama Bin Laden successful murder of Ossama bin Laden, terrorist leader of
    the universe.

1. Temper Tantrum and Leftism just gotogether | The Daley Gator
  2. ZION'S TRUMPET » Trayvon Martin Outrage has nothing to do with Justice but everything to do with the Leftist Agenda
  3. Eugene Robinson: Hey, We Need To Talk About Why People Are Scared Of Young Black Men » Pirate's Cove
  4. FMJRA 2.0: As Falls Wichita… : The Other McCain