Kayla Harrison: Winner

04 August 2012 @ 00:52

TCOTS offers it’s hearty congratulations to Kayla Harrison of Wakefield, Massachusetts for winning the gold in Women’s Judo.

This is a gal who, despite many awful things happening to her, resolved that she would not wallow in her misery but, instead, be a winner.  And that is exactly what she is — in her chosen sport and, more importantly in Life.

Stacy McCain and Lance Burri have the details and links here and here.  I urge you to read her life story, which, unlike so many you’re seeing portrayed by the panderers at NBC, is truly inspiring.

Godspeed, Miss Harrison.  I have no doubt that the rest of your life will be as rewarding as these past few days have been.

As it happens, Kayla Harrison is quite a lovely young lady, and you know I can’t resist a pretty dame…

Please click on the image above to see full-size.

About this next picture, Lance writes: ‘By the way, I grabbed this pic from Harrison’s twitter feed. It was labeled “Relaxing before opening ceremonies!!!!! Starting to get excited! :)”’…

1. 04 August 2012 @ 01:24 01:24

Atlas Shrugged? Nice!

2. Rosalie permalink
    04 August 2012 @ 09:56 09:56

She’s a winner in more ways than one.

3. M. Thompson permalink
    04 August 2012 @ 11:10 11:10

An All-American Hero, who deserves to be seen a bit more.

4. 04 August 2012 @ 18:47 18:47

This is a young woman who can help so many who find themselves in such situations…thanks, Bob, linked you at PPII.

5. srcoop44 permalink
    05 August 2012 @ 16:19 16:19

I wish Ms. Kayla Harrison all the best in her future endeavors. Her personal abuse story was very touching. However, she’s now much wiser beyond her years, and an amazing fighter as well. Rumor has it that she wants to become a firefighter.

I don’t see any problems at all that will prohibit her from becoming a firefighter. I’m quite sure that throughout her career as a firefighter, there will be plenty of doors that will need to be “kicked” down. (*Shrugging my shoulders*) – What’s better than to have a Judo expert kicking down the doors of burning buildings in the city of Wakefield?

Good luck Kayla!!!

We are very proud of you, and we wish you all the best!

USA, USA, USA, USA……

6. 06 August 2012 @ 07:28 07:28

You mean, we should overcome adversity rather than wallow in self pity?

• 06 August 2012 @ 20:06 20:06

Yes…we should all be conservatives and not Leftists.

1. I’d give ‘em a hah! And a hiii-yah! « The TrogloPundit