Stacy McCain’s Wife Harassed – Family Fears For Safety [Updated Below]

22 May 2012 @ 14:02

[NOTE: I’m making this post a sticky one until further notice, so please look below for newer postings.  My previous two postings on this story may be found here and here.]

Stacy published an update on his situation late this morning. A highlight:

FROM AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION
Convicted terrorist Brett Kimberlin on Monday continued his effort to silence those who write about his criminal past by contacting my wife’s employer, claiming that I was “harassing” him. The resulting security concern required immediate relocation if I was to be able to continue writing about the case of Kimberlin, a violent felon, perjurer and admitted tax cheat who is employed as the director of a 501(c)3 non-profit that has collected $1.8 million in contributions since 2005.

Kimberlin was convicted of multiple federal felonies in 1981 and sentenced to 50 years in prison after he terrorized a small Indiana town in a brutal crime weeklong bombing spree. Law enforcement officials told the Indianapolis Star they believed the bombings were committed in an attempt to distract authorities investigating the 1978 murder of a 65-year-old grandmother, a crime in which Kimberlin was a suspect.

In recent months, Kimberlin has used a strategy of legal intimidation and workplace harassment in an apparent attempt to silence his critics, including blogger Seth Allen, Virginia attorney Aaron Walker and Los Angeles deputy district attorney Patrick Frey.

The rest of the post is a succinct and clear summation of his reporting on this story, so please do take the time to click here and read it.

I spoke briefly with Stacy a short while ago and he assures me that he and his family are fine.

You can never be too careful, however, when it comes to psychopathic/sociopathic people and Brett Kimberlin is just that kind of person.

Do check out this great aggregation by Donald Douglas over at American Power.

REQUEST: Spread the word via all forms of social media. If you are on Twitter, send a link to Stacy’s report above to any news organizations, reporters, and pundits you have the address for. It would help get the true story out about Brett Kimberlin, terrorist.

UPDATE at 1741…

-Over at The Conservatory, Dan Collins has published another post on this story that is, per usual, informative and well-reasoned.  A highlight:

Equally as guilty of negligence or cowardice, in my view, are right-leaning media outlets that have decided, for whatever reason, not to treat this story as important. Kudos to those who have. Last night on Twitter, a couple of right-bloggers found themselves blocked from using the service by virtue of the usual complaints from the usual suspects. Twitter rectified the situation after a few hours, but as Iowahawk noted, those who have made a practice of abusing the ‘reporting’ feature ought to be kicked off entirely and permanently. Twitter users banded together to force a prompt response from the service, but the tens of thousands of tweets that were devoted to expressing unhappiness over a couple of bloggers (in this particular instance) being inconvenienced for a few hours has found faint echo in this much more abusive attempt to impose censorship through threats.

If you’re on Twitter, please ask anyone who has so far maintained their silence to write about it, especially if they have large audiences. You can help build momentum as well by using the hashtag #freestacymccain….

Let the word go forth.

I would like to thank those of my Friends In The Ether who have helped, and continue to help, spread the word [and it is damn near all of you].  I’m very fortunate to know you all.

HillBuzz has picked up on the story.

-Over at the Conservative Hideout, Matt joins in the fight.  A highlight:

I have always subscribed to the notion that the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. Considering Kimberlin’s past, as well as his current tendency to harass and threaten anyone that discusses his well documented past, he ought to be considered dangerous. Is there risk in even mentioning this? Probably, but when this happens, I always think that if we let people be silenced one by one, it’s only a matter of time before we are all silenced. However, if we band together, not only is it much harder to force us into silence, but we stand a better chance of preventing people like Kimberlin for victimizing others. So, I’m taking my place on the line.

Won’t you join us, and make this viral?

Make this viral so we can cure ourselves of the Kimberlin virus once and for all, and send a message to the other thugs out there who are trying to silence those of us who dissent from the Progressive Line.

-In a post supporting Stacy and those other bloggers who are being harassed by the Leftist thugs, William Jacobson relates his own experience with this kind of behavior.

-The Memeorandum thread for Stacy’s latest post is here.

-You can read of Aaron Walker’s latest travails in dealing with the terrorist Kimberlin here.

-Ladd Ehlinger describes the current political atmosphere better than I’ve seen anyone else do.  A highlight:

I had a conversation with a political consulting friend about the matter.

“Is Stacy serious?” my friend asked. “I look at this post and he’s rattling his tip jar? I thought he was joking.”

Yes, I said; that’s just Stacy. It’s serious.

“This is crazy. Does Neal Rauhauser and all these other people really think they can associate with a guy like Kimberlin and ever hope to work in politics again? Not even a loopy Democrat would want to risk hiring someone who hangs around with a convicted domestic terrorist. What the hell are they thinking? Sure you can do dirty tricks – but this is way beyond that.”

True, but this is not politics as usual.

We like to think that in the U.S. of A., we can do politics without degenerating into third-world mayhem. We have political consultants and talking heads. It’s all about polls, the latest meme, marketing. Why, it’s nothing more than Coke vs. Pepsi.

People operate on that comfortable assumption.

But I think this election year is going to be different.

Please do take the time to click here and read the rest of his explanation — it’s dead solid perfect.

There may be more updates later.

UPDATE at 1941…

Ace has weighed-in on the matter and found the Conservative Media [and, honorably, himself] wanting.  A highlight:

There are a lot of smaller bloggers who’ve heroically covered this. And one big blogger. And another big blogger is very interested (and I imagine that blogger will post soon; I just don’t want to commit this blogger to anything).

I will note them later. Right now, I’m just disgusted. Disgusted at my allies, disgusted at myself.

Cowards die a thousand deaths.

I already died 40 cowards’ deaths this past week. That’s enough for me. I will die no more of them.

Am I to understand only the smallest, least-well-financed bloggers are going to be covering this? While large media franchises with lawyers on retainer all decide “we’d rather let tiny one-man blogs take the lead on this?”

Does that make sense?

Thank you, Ace.

-Donald Douglas recommended a posting by Cao in which she details the thuggery she’s endured at the hands of Leftist goons.

-Lee Stranahan has put together a video explaining just who Brett Kimberlin is and is issuing a call to arms [er, keyboards?]:

This is no war of words; Kimberlin is a serial litigator who has filed over 100 lawsuits by his own account and he takes people to court, claiming they are harassing him. He calls their employers. I stand with all these people, some of whom are my friends. I’m launching a new effort on my own that I hope will help.

The only effective way I to fight Brett Kimberlin is for as many people to research and write about him as possible.

So I’m declaring this Friday, May 25th as Everybody Blog About Brett Kimberlin Day.

Please click here for details.

-Let’s give the terrorist bastard so many targets that we render his tactics useless.

1. 22 May 2012 @ 14:09 14:09

Wow, now you know why I keep a low profile and a pseudndom,(sp)
    I hope Stacy, his wife & family will be ok. He should send the FBI after this deranged guy ASAP!

• thecampofthesaints permalink
      22 May 2012 @ 14:17 14:17

I’m sure he’s doing everything possible, Bunni, but, of course, he doesn’t want to tip off the Bolshes.

I’ve always found it best, when someone comes after me, to go silent because (1) you don’t let them know what actions you’re taking and (2) it makes the bastards start to worry. It’s an old Italian tactic.

• Adrienne permalink
        22 May 2012 @ 15:35 15:35

Italians are always silent (omerta), and definitely nothing in writing. To this day I almost hate to sign a card to my husband with “love” for fear it will come back to bite me in the butt.

2. 22 May 2012 @ 17:01 17:01

Smile and bless them and then they worry because God will pay attention as well. I like the way Stacy put it that God answered him.

3. Adobe_Walls permalink
    22 May 2012 @ 21:28 21:28

There are many effective ways of dealing with the likes of Brett Kimberlin some of them require deep pockets and some are legal, the problem as I see it is that most on our team don’t truly understand the nature of our enemy or of this conflict. This is one of the ways the civil war is being fought, the law and the authorities are not on our side. This will vary within and from jurisdiction to jurisdiction but must be taken as a given absent evidence to the contrary. The fact that people like Kimberlin realistically have no reason to fear for their personal safety and little to fear from the law is a defeat for our side. At best the efforts will interrupt his gravy train but it doesn’t matter he’ll find another and even if he can’t there are thousands more where he came from.

• thecampofthesaints permalink
      23 May 2012 @ 07:48 07:48

Dead solid perfect. May I use this in my next posting on this story?

• Adobe_Walls permalink
        23 May 2012 @ 13:50 13:50

Certainly.

4. M. Thompson permalink
    23 May 2012 @ 00:54 00:54

Why I am I suppressing my inner conspiracy theorist, who’s thinking Kimberlin might be an deniable asset to the Obama campaign to discredit and pull apart the right wing grassroots?

Sounds plausible, but on the verge of bat- s***.

• thecampofthesaints permalink
      23 May 2012 @ 07:49 07:49

Sadly, in this age of Obama and Soros, the insane has become possible.

5. 23 May 2012 @ 09:48 09:48

Keep on kicking ass, Bob!
    I’m in (of course!) and I have you linked up here:

6. 23 May 2012 @ 18:50 18:50

I’m in as you know from recent postings. And I’m working up a posting for Friday. Let the sorry piece of Whale excrement try and come after me…it’s hard to get blood out of a turnip, right? And he can’t go after my employer because that’s me.😉 And he wouldn’t want to try anything physically against me or my lovely wife IYKWIMAITYD.

7. M. Thompson permalink
    23 May 2012 @ 22:09 22:09

Take a look at what William Lloyd Garrison wrote. While we are not at the precipice of the 1850’s, we should be wary of those who desire to use intimidation. After all, what else

• M. Thompson permalink
      23 May 2012 @ 22:11 22:11

is this, or the protests were in Madison, or the wretched whiners who “Occupy?”

(browser timed out here)

8. 07 June 2012 @ 17:13 17:13

WOLVER-EFFING-INES!

1. Today’s Quick Hits: 2012-05-22 - The NeoSexist
  2. The Big Cojones: Stacy McCain vs. Speedway Bomber Brett Kimberlin
  3. Update on Robert Stacy McCain « The Daley Gator
  4. From An Undisclosed Location… #DangerousDoofus Update « That Mr. G Guy's Blog
  5. The Kimberlin Saga Continues, and Why it Matters | The Lonely Conservative
  6. Brett Kimberlin Has A Friend In Lee Stranahan, For ‘Worst Nightmare’ Values Of ‘Friend’ : The Other McCain
  7. Hey! Look Over There, It's Brett Kimberlin - The POH Diaries
  8. Are You Ready For “Everybody Blog About Brett Kimberlin Day”, May 25? (Video) « Nice Deb
  9. Violent Convicted Terrorist Bomber Given Million$ by Progressives Now Terrorizes Bloggers | Zilla of the Resistance at MareZilla.com
  10. Michelle Malkin » Free speech blogburst: Show solidarity for targeted conservative bloggers
  11. Who Is Brett Kimberlin? Conservatives Need To Know! (Inform The MSM Too) « The Neosecularist
  12. Bookworm Room » Friday is Everybody Blog About #BrettKimberlin Day *UPDATED*
  13. NoisyRoom.net » Blog Archive » Stalking the Blogosphere – BlogBurst Friday for Free Speech
  14. Stalking the Blogosphere – BlogBurst Friday for Free Speech
  15. Blogburst: A Terrorist? Really, Barbra?
  16. From an Undisclosed Location to Herman Cain’s Facebook Wall, the Truth Issues Forth : The Sundries Shack
  17. Brett Kimberlin — sue me, please « Absolute Moral Authority
  18. Brett Kimberlin — a treasure trove of fun. « Absolute Moral Authority
  19. An Army of Davids marches forth « The Radio Patriot
  20. Speedway Bomber Brett Kimberlin Poked a Bees Nest | The Lonely Conservative
  21. Free Speech Blogburst: Showing Solidarity for Targeted Conservative Bloggers | askmarion
  22. Everybody Blog About Brett Kimberlin Day | hogewash
  23. Stand Against Abusive Felon Brett Kimberlin (sticky for the day) » Pirate's Cove
  24. Meet Brett Kimberlin: Convicted Domestic Terrorist Bomber and Serial Litigator « The Foxhole
  25. Stand Against Abusive Felon Brett Kimberlin | Right Wing News
  26. May 25th 2012 is a bad day to be a bad man « The Daley Gator
  27. Bookworm Room » Hurrah! It’s Everybody Blog About #BrettKimberlin Day *UPDATED*
  28. Who Is Brett Kimberlin, Why You Need To Know and The Biggest Linkaround EVAH! | All American Blogger
  29. Trevor Loudon's New Zeal Blog
  30. For God and Liberty » Blog Archive » Resources on Brett Kimberlin » For God and Liberty
  31. Today is a day we stand up for Free Speech. | Stix Blog
  32. Who is #BrettKimberlin? And One Bone Chilling Scenario Why You Should Care
  33. BlogBurst Friday: Blog About #BrettKimberlin Day | therightplanet.com
  34. I love the smell of *Kimberlin in the morning « Absolute Moral Authority
  35. Brett Kimberlin — amazing musical talent « Absolute Moral Authority
  36. FMJRA 2.0: Working For The Clampdown (Brett K Remix) : The Other McCain
  37. The PLANNED KIMBERLIN BOMBINGS « Absolute Moral Authority
  38. Oh, by the way, another SWATting. « Absolute Moral Authority
  39. Brett Kimberlin loses — again « Absolute Moral Authority
  40. Today We Stand Up Against Serial Domestic Terrorists, Today We Stand Beside Champions of Free Speech

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 11,751 other followers