Dawg Eat Dog

18 April 2012 @ 18:03

You must have heard this story by now…

From Jake Tapper over at ABC News [tip of the fedora to Memeorandum]:

The Daily Caller noted that in President Obama’s best-selling memoir, “Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance,” the president recalls being fed dog meat as a young boy in Indonesia with his stepfather, Lolo Soetoro.

“With Lolo, I learned how to eat small green chill peppers raw with dinner (plenty of rice), and, away from the dinner table, I was introduced to dog meat (tough), snake meat (tougher), and roasted grasshopper (crunchy),” the president wrote. “Like many Indonesians, Lolo followed a brand of Islam that could make room for the remnants of more ancient animist and Hindu faiths. He explained that a man took on the powers of whatever he ate: One day soon, he promised, he would bring home a piece of tiger meat for us to share.”

After his mother married Soetoro, Obama lived in Indonesia from 1967 until 1971, from roughly the age of 6 through 10.

-Stacy McCain takes this fact from His-Story and contrasts and compares it with another that is too awful to mention here.

-Long-time readers of these Dispatches know that I own a number of cats [five at this point] and have never owned a dog.  So, while I cannot speak to the issue of eating dog or putting one in a carrier on the hood of my car,  I can speak to the issue of eating cat:

To the best of my knowledge, I have never, ever eaten cat.

However, I do like Chinese Food.

Only the Good Lord, therefore, knows…and Lisa, the gal who runs the Chinese joint we always order from.

Surmise what you will.

-How could I resist…

1. KingShamus permalink
    18 April 2012 @ 18:21 18:21

Q: What is the perfect accessory for Barack Obama’s dog?

A: A Side of French Fries

[rimshot/]

Also: Bow-wow-wow-Yippee-Yo-Yippee-Yay.

2. 19 April 2012 @ 08:44 08:44

So…we’re more than 3 years into this presidential term…after a joke of a campaign that everyone with a brain knew the winner of…and this is just now a ‘story?’

Is there any more proof needed that the LameStreamMedia really doesn’t do “reporting” anymore?

• thecampofthesaints permalink
      19 April 2012 @ 09:58 09:58

Nope.

[BTW: How you be, KC?]

• 19 April 2012 @ 12:08 12:08

If I was any better, I’d probably be illegal, Bob – thanks for asking! Been busy…thinking about moving to South Carolina next year (we hiked there on vacation)…spending time with the granddaughter & her grandpa (going to ‘camp’ with her in the camper in the back yard this weekend – her first time)…will go clean for my one client to make a little pocket money on Saturday…life’s pretty durn beautiful.

3. 19 April 2012 @ 18:49 18:49

How long, I wonder, before this gets a rework?

• 19 April 2012 @ 19:42 19:42

It’s the Internet! So I wouldn’t be surprised if someone is right now doing just that.