BREAKING: Rick Santorum Drops Out – We Now Have An Echo Not A Choice

10 April 2012 @ 14:40

From The Hill, Daniel Strauss reporting, we learn [big tip of the fedora to Jeff Goldstein]:

Rick Santorum will drop out of the presidential race Tuesday afternoon, a campaign consultant told The Hill, essentially guaranteeing Mitt Romney the GOP nomination.

Santorum will announce that he is suspending his campaign at an event in his home state of Pennsylvania — his first public appearance following the release of his daughter from the hospital and after he took a break from the campaign trail for a long Easter weekend.

Jeff’s commentary is a must-read.

I’m sure Stacy McCain will have something up over at his joint soon.

Expect updates…

1. Adobe_Walls permalink
    10 April 2012 @ 15:33 15:33

The “smart” money was on Gingrich dropping out so Mitt could pay his debts. Didn’t catch what his stated reason were.

2. papamas permalink
    10 April 2012 @ 17:59 17:59

Dang. Oh, well, I’ll be holding my nose and voting for Anyone-But-Obama instead of for a specific candidate this November.

3. 10 April 2012 @ 17:59 17:59

Newt was my 2nd choice behind Rick, so now he gets my support for as long as he remains in the race – at least he is coherent on the threat presented by islamic supremacist douche bags, unlike dhiMITTude Romney! MY state has not held its primary yet, and no GOP elitist snobs are going to decide MY vote for me. Fuck them. I’m in the tank for Newt now and hoping for a brokered convention which will give us… ALLEN WEST!
    And if Mittens “wins” the nomination, I will get on board and support him, but not one fucking moment before that!

4. M. Thompson permalink
    10 April 2012 @ 21:28 21:28

Yep. I’m not able to give anything other than moral support at this point, since I’m a citizen of a cacusing state. However, the important thing is to also concetrate down ticket. Participate in your local party, and start moving it Right.

• 10 April 2012 @ 23:38 23:38

Exactly. Throw Willard a vote, but give him no help – he seems not to want we bitter clingers to help him anyway – and work for people running for the Congress.

1. SANTORUM DROPS OUT : The Other McCain