Our Sam Adams Has Died: Andrew Breitbart

01 March 2012 @ 10:35

What a Goddamn shock…

From Big Government, Larry Solov reporting:

Andrew passed away unexpectedly from natural causes shortly after midnight this morning in Los Angeles.

We have lost a husband, a father, a son, a brother, a dear friend, a patriot and a happy warrior.

Andrew lived boldly, so that we more timid souls would dare to live freely and fully, and fight for the fragile liberty he showed us how to love.

Andrew recently wrote a new conclusion to his book, Righteous Indignation:

I love my job. I love fighting for what I believe in. I love having fun while doing it. I love reporting stories that the Complex refuses to report. I love fighting back, I love finding allies, and—famously—I enjoy making enemies.

Three years ago, I was mostly a behind-the-scenes guy who linked to stuff on a very popular website. I always wondered what it would be like to enter the public realm to fight for what I believe in. I’ve lost friends, perhaps dozens. But I’ve gained hundreds, thousands—who knows?—of allies. At the end of the day, I can look at myself in the mirror, and I sleep very well at night.

Andrew is at rest, yet the happy warrior lives on, in each of us.

Tip of the fedora to Leslie Eastman.

I’ll have more later.

Requiescat in pace.

1. 01 March 2012 @ 11:05 11:05

Thanks for the link, and sharing in the mourning.

2. 01 March 2012 @ 12:00 12:00

Rest in peace, Andrew.

3. 01 March 2012 @ 13:31 13:31

Redrum. R.I.P. Andrew. Now you know all the truth.

4. Rosalie permalink
    01 March 2012 @ 15:42 15:42

I loved the way he went after the media. The man was relentless which, sadly, probably killed him if he had a heart condition. Even so, I don’t think someone like Breitbart could have slowed down and lived any differently.

5. A Stephens permalink
    01 March 2012 @ 17:40 17:40

I admired his passion.
    I envied his energy.
    I marveled at his fearlessness.

We, all of us, who would see ourselves as foot-soldiers in the fight for liberty and self determination, the right to rise and fall by our own abilities, we, who don’t fear failures so much as we fear loss of opportunity without coercion, we, must today, stand up and represent the spirit embodied by an Andrew Breitbart.

Truth need never apologize. Ever.

6. 01 March 2012 @ 22:17 22:17

I linked to you in my tribute to Andrew Breitbart here:

A Great American Hero Has Died