Bobby’s Back In Town [Dammit]

31 December 2011 @ 15:20

Sadly, I’m back from the woodlands of The Live Free Or Die State, back to the bluelands of New England where the Nanny is Queen and Obama is King.  Ugh.

Apologies for not having checked-in here while I was gone as I said I would.  I did try, but the Internet connection at the cottage/house we rented was not working and there is no longer an Internet cafe in downtown Wolfeboro.  While this was not a positive situation for a blog owner, as a human being it was a blessing, as was being restricted to basic cable.  The only news I watched was local [WMUR is still very amateur after all these years] and I bought only the local papers, with the exception of The WSJ [confining myself to it’s book and art’s reviews].  All-in-all it was just what the Doctor ordered: getting truly away from it all [as I am that Doctor, I didn’t even have to pay for an office visit].

We had about two inches of snow on Christmas Eve morning and flurries on Christmas Day — just enough to lift the spirits, but not enough to prevent us catching the little horn concert at the Town’s gazebos on the Eve and make merry at the Wolfeboro Inn Tavern.  We love hitting the Town this time of year because there are very few tourists, so we only have to deal with the locals who are wonderful people.  The only thing out of the ordinary was the lack of political signs versus four years ago.  We saw very few in out travels through Wolfeboro, Brookfield, Tuftenboro, and Moultenborough.  Out of the two dozen or so, most were for Romney, a few for Paul, and a few for Hunstman.  Four years ago we saw at least a hundred and a half as we travelled through the same towns.  Interesting.  The only negative thing that happened to us while there was a bit of bad timing: on the day we had to vacate our lovely cottage house at Noon, Jon Huntsman was scheduled to appear that evening at Wolfeboro’s Wright Museum, so we missed the chance to heckle him.  Oh well.

I may post a few pictures that Mrs. B. and I took once I download them.  I may not, however, because we took them in the freezing cold and whilst in the midst of our, shall we say, ‘glows’, so I have no clue if they came out blurred or not.

Thank you all for keeping things going here in my absence.

And a Happy New Year to you all.

PS: There will be a Rule 5 Saturday later on!

1. 31 December 2011 @ 15:50 15:50

Glad you’re back. Thought for awhile that you had run off and joined the Occupy Circus!

02 January 2012 @ 19:41 19:41

Mrs. B. declared us members of Occupy Wolfeboro Bars – does that count?

2. loopyloo305 permalink
    31 December 2011 @ 16:06 16:06

Happy New Year Bobby!

02 January 2012 @ 19:41 19:41

The same to you and yours, Loo!

3. 31 December 2011 @ 16:25 16:25

Sounds like you had a wonderful vacation!
    Happy New Year, Bob, and a super 2012 to you and yours.

02 January 2012 @ 19:43 19:43

We did, Bunni. It’s going to be hard to go back to work tomorrow. A super-duper 2012 to you and yours and Kitteh!

4. 31 December 2011 @ 16:45 16:45

Sounds like the perfect place to celebrate Christmas. A cottage, a little snow, no news, the one you love. Doesn’t get any better than that.

Hope you have a wonderful New Year’s Eve and Day.

02 January 2012 @ 19:44 19:44

We did, Maggie, but I slipped on some cat throw-up and bruised my backside – ah! the joys of cat ownership!

My best to you and yours for 2012.

5. Rosalie permalink
    31 December 2011 @ 19:38 19:38

Glad you’re back safe and sound. We didn’t get any snow here, in Pennsy, for Christmas, which is just as well since we had a bit of traveling to do. I can’t improve on today’s cryptoquote, so here goes: May the coming year bring HAPPINESS, HEALTH, PROSPERITY, AND STABILITY. Happy New Year!

02 January 2012 @ 19:47 19:47

The same to you and yours, Ro.

While we had nice weather while there, I have to admit that I was hoping for a mini-blizzard like we had last year – very romantic.

6. Adobe Walls permalink
    01 January 2012 @ 14:41 14:41

Welcome back and Happy New Year. I believe this coming year will be historic for many reasons, we are in for a bumpy ride, time to strengthen our resolves.

02 January 2012 @ 19:48 19:48

The same to you and yours.

‘Bumpy’, methinks, is to put it mildly – WOLVERINES!