Sewing The Seeds Of Rebellion: TCOTS Open Thread

19 October 2011 @ 06:06

Mrs. B. and I are going away for a couple of days to our beloved New Hampshire where we intend to Live Free Or Die to the fullest.

We will be back on Friday, so please feel free [or die] to use this here post as an open thread to do with as you like.  Remember: no wild parties and clean-up after yourselves.

-There will be another installment of A Little Hump Day Rule 5.

-If I get the chance, I will schedule another post or two to launch into The Ether during today or tomorrow, but this post will remain at the top of the Home Page.

Here’s a couple of things I would have posted about had I not been ripping Mandate Mitt and the GOP Establishment new ones…

The Fear And Loathing 2011 Tour continues with Stacy McCain, Smitty, and Wombat all jetting themselves up to Crapsville for the leg of the tour known as Fear & Smitty In VegasThis link will take you to all their reports from Sin City.

-The whole Sybil story was a big old fraud…and ruined a lot of lives.

-Gina Elise is auctioning off the car Oprah gave her to benefit Pin-Ups For Vets and Warrior GatewayGregoryNo6 has the details, plus, of course, pictures.  If you can’t afford to bid, how about purchasing a calendar or two or three?

-A lot of businessmen have wimped-out and not denounced the #Occupy [hereinafter to be known here as the Obamaville] protesters, but one has…with class and style.

-Gotta go…Live well, my friends…

1. 19 October 2011 @ 06:29 06:29

Thanks for the link, Bob.
    Sybil Exposed would make a fine companion volume to The Myth of Repressed Memory by Elizabeth Loftus.

22 October 2011 @ 00:17 00:17

You’re very welcome. I appreciate the fact that you keep me updated as to what Miss Elise is doing.

I will have to look into the book you mention. I seem to recall having read positive reviews of it from several people I respect. So many lives were ruined by the acceptence of that damned myth.

2. 19 October 2011 @ 15:07 15:07

Bob, I just can’t seem to figure out how to like you. Okay that didn’t sound right, what I meant was how to like your posts so I’ll just have to leave “like” comments. So…I like your stuff but gotta say I really like the stuff of that guy in the picture.

22 October 2011 @ 00:20 00:20

Well, Phoebe, the mistake you made was in only trying to ‘Like’ me; the smart gals try to love me. I see above that you were able to eventually do it.

As for that guy in the pic, Mrs. B. thinks I look somewhat, kinda, sort of, like him.

3. Arius permalink
    19 October 2011 @ 17:04 17:04

I would sure like to meet the babe in the green dress, as long as it’s not Mrs B.

22 October 2011 @ 00:21 00:21

No, Mrs. B. is much lovelier. I will let the redhead know that you’re interested.

4. Rosalie permalink
    19 October 2011 @ 20:14 20:14

Have a great time, Bob. My sister’s sister-in-law and husband live in Keane (sp.?). I hear it’s a nice little town. The leaves should be nice to look at around this time.

22 October 2011 @ 00:23 00:23

Thanks, Ro. We did. Keane is a lovely place. We stay in the Wolfeboro area.

5. 20 October 2011 @ 12:03 12:03

Watch out for the leaves that are turning color, they’re poisonous (but only to the touch).

An unauthorized guide to Ocuppy Wall Street Twinkles

22 October 2011 @ 00:25 00:25

We call the leaves that keep changing their colors ‘Mitt Leaves’ [which, by the way, I wouldn’t mind him doing if he gets elected because Wolfeboro would become his Northern White House].

Love the video you did.

6. 20 October 2011 @ 19:40 19:40

Have a super fun vacation! Look what happened when you left 😉

22 October 2011 @ 00:28 00:28

We had a wonderful, if too short a, time. Luckily, we’ll be going back for a week over X-Mas.

As to what happened while I was gone [I never ‘left’ – I never ‘left’ anything, IYKWIMAITYD], for the record I deny that I was disguised as a Yankee-cap-wearing Libyian!