You Can Believe In Steve

27 September 2011 @ 17:23

Steve Foley that is.

He’s the fellow who founded one of the best sites out there in The Rightosphere: The Minority Report Blog.  And now he’s thinking of running for the Congress from the newly-redistricted open seat in the 47th District in Calofornighay.

From Stacy McCain:

…The first time I met him was in October 2009 in Lake Placid, N.Y., where he helped lead Liberty Wire’s team supporting Doug Hoffman in the historic NY-23 special election. Steve was also front-and-center in Massachusetts during the Scott Brown campaign, he worked hard to help elect conservatives during the 2010 mid-terms, and for the past nine months he has led the online grassroots army at Citizens for Cain.

Mr. Foley’s Exploratory Committee site can be found here.  I’ve been there and I must say I like what I see.

The Lonely Conservative is impressed.

The Rhetorician, like me, is hoping there are enough people left in California with good enough sense to get behind this fine candidate.

From the man himself:

I just want everyone to know I’m putting my money where my mouth is….

Bravo.

SIDENOTE: I wonder if, when the history of The Restoration is written in years to come, the Doug Hoffman race will be seen as the first, key offensive in the war to restore our freedoms and liberties.  A lot of people who took part in that campaign like Mr. Foley and Ali Akbar are out there in the trenches, fighting to make a difference.

1. Adobe Walls permalink
    27 September 2011 @ 18:24 18:24

If NC Governor Bev Perdue has her way there won’t be an election.

Perdue’s full statement:

“You have to have more ability from Congress, I think, to work together and to get over the partisan bickering and focus on fixing things. I think we ought to suspend, perhaps, elections for Congress for two years and just tell them we won’t hold it against them, whatever decisions they make, to just let them help this country recover. I really hope that someone can agree with me on that. The one good thing about Raleigh is that for so many years we worked across party lines. It’s a little bit more contentious now but it’s not impossible to try to do what’s right in this state. You want people who don’t worry about the next election.”

Read more: http://projects.newsobserver.com/under_the_dome/perdue_suggests_suspending_congressional_elections_for_two_years_was_she_serious#ixzz1ZC6KnXsh

27 September 2011 @ 20:29 20:29

I just read that story myself and intend to comment on it tomorrow after my rage subsides [I’m trying to do better these days].

2. M. Thompson permalink
    27 September 2011 @ 19:47 19:47

I hate to say this, but is it just me, or does Mr. Foley’s logo look a lot like John McCain’s 2008 logo?

27 September 2011 @ 21:17 21:17

There’s still time for us to urge him to change it [imagine if Ladd Ehlinger also designed logos!].

3. 27 September 2011 @ 22:10 22:10

Thanks for the link. We need guys like him running in every district.

30 September 2011 @ 19:13 19:13