Fascism On The March!

01 September 2011 @ 14:51

I’m sure by know that most of you have heard of the raid on the Gibson Guitar Company by federal agents [if you haven't, per Stacy McCain, here and here are links to two good background articles from Fox News and The Wall Street Journal, respectively].

Since word first broke last week about the raid, many interesting facts have emerged about the parties involved in this story.

-The Pagan Temple has a good summary, with links, here [Warning: righteous vulgarity]. A highlight:

Still, something else has come to light. While Gibson is being harassed, Martin Guitars, which uses the same kind of woods from the same regions, gets a pass. I guess it helps if your company executives are big Democrat contributors, and it sure as hell don’t hurt that Martin is a union shop. Guess who is not a union shop. That would be Gibson.

He also reports that owners of Gibson Guitars may be subject to fines and confiscation of their axes if they cannot prove that certain woods in their instruments were manufactured before the law went into effect [well…I guess I won't be taking my '62 Gibson-SG with me in public anytime soon].

-Stacy McCain has posted part of the transcript of Gibson CEO Henry Juszkiewicz speaking on KMJ-AM wherein he reveals that the Federales big beef with the company is over non-use of foreign labor in the manufacturing of the woods. So, let me get this straight: despite an official domestic unemployment rate of over nine percent, Barack Hussein Obama and his minions are more concerned with creating jobs in other countries. TOM commentator Vertumne99 is spot-on:

There’s a simple explanation. Barack Obama doesn’t see himself as the president of the United States, but president of the entire world. He’s just trying to get the jobs spread around. It’s not fair that the jobs are all centered in the US, other people need some as well.

Christ, Little Barry probably thinks he’s president of The Federation Of Planets.

-In a related matter: is Lady Michbeth subject to arrest under the same statute used against Gibson Guitars? Instapundit thinks so. [cue the theme song from Cops]

-So that you don’t burst a blood vessel, check out Iowahawk’s take on this here.

It’s Time To ROC ‘N’ ROLL:
Restore Our Constitution & Restore Our Lost Liberties

1. Adobe Walls permalink
    01 September 2011 @ 15:59 15:59

I’m beginning to think a few months of “turmoil” between administrations if properly “optimised” might be helpful.

01 September 2011 @ 19:41 19:41

Me too. Great minds think alike, eh?

2. formwiz permalink
    01 September 2011 @ 17:14 17:14

You should mention that the head of Gibson is a Republican donor, while the head of Martin, his main competitor and unscathed by these raids, supports Herbert Obama.

01 September 2011 @ 19:42 19:42

I didn’t mention those facts because they can be found at the links.

3. 01 September 2011 @ 18:04 18:04

Linked and quoted Bob. My wife’s uncle had a Gibson acoustic guitar from the 40’s or early 50’s…he bought it when he was in the service and he served in WWII. Her crazy aunt ended up with it and sold it instead of offering it to someone in the family. It was in mint condition…wonder what it would be worth today?

Mike G.

01 September 2011 @ 19:43 19:43

Something with four zeros attached, I suspect.

• 02 September 2011 @ 00:00 00:00

I looked it up and it appears today’s value is somewhere between 3500.00 to 6000.00. I vaguely remember him saying that he paid $50 for it.

There was never a day in my childhood that I didn’t hear that guitar playing, usually at 6 am. (I was raised by my Uncle and Aunt) If I feel like it I’ll do a post just on my memories of that guitar.

01 September 2011 @ 19:43 19:43

Oh, and thanks for the link.

4. 02 September 2011 @ 12:02 12:02

Thanks for the link. Fish And Wildlife might be competing with the EPA and FDA for the title of most oppressive US government agency. Our government in action would have made Mother Theresa engage in righteous vulgarity LOL

1. Fascism On The March! (via The Camp Of The Saints) | My Blog