Earthquake Hits East Coast: Obama Blames TEA Party [Updated Below]

23 August 2011 @ 14:41

I’ve been through a small earthquake before and it weren’t nothing like this one.

I’m in New England in a one hundred year old brick factory building that stands on what used to be a bay before it was filled in, and, let me tell you, it felt like the whole world had gone liquid [cue John Foxx].

All I could think of was one of those earthquake docs I’ve seen when they explain ‘liquefaction‘ ― yikes.

And, damn, if I couldn’t remember what the Hell you’re supposed to do if you’re caught in a brick building on landfill.

Old Bobby Bel almost made an unscheduled trip to that dive bar in the sky.

UPDATE at 1657…

Maryland resident Stacy McCain, being the top-notch, super-duper, A-number-1 reporter he is grabbed his camera as soon as the quake hit and interviewed an ’emotionally traumatized victim’ of the powerful quake, which he has put up over at his joint.  My only question: How were minorities effected?

Oh the Humanity!…and where’s FEMA!!!

What a man!

This is reporting at it’s best!

Over at The Conservatory, Dan Collins has a plea to help the real victims of this devastating tragedy.

UPDATE at 1757…

-The Lonely Conservative has an exclusive report on how this traumatic event effected the Little Lord Hemorrhoid.

-After reading Jim Hoft’s fine report on this national nightmarish tragedy, my only response is:

Obama Pedals While America Burns!

Here’s the picture that inspired me:

It’s a friggin GIRL’S BIKE he’s riding!

UPDATE on 24AUG2011 at 1629…

Nice Deb has the exclusive poop on the movie already in the works about how courageous our Fearless Leader has been during this devastating crisis that is a national tragedy and the main cause behind the continuing faltering economy and the rise in bed bugs.

1. 23 August 2011 @ 14:55 14:55

Glad to hear you are OK Bob !

27 August 2011 @ 12:51 12:51

Thanks. Our spirits are still high, even though FEMA hasn’t come to save us yet!

2. 23 August 2011 @ 15:05 15:05

You might want to not be in that building for a while. The aftershocks can be worse and you’re in basically the worst sort of situation to be in. Unless you have a reactor in the basement, then it’s worse.

27 August 2011 @ 12:49 12:49

I got a reactor in my pants — does that count?

3. loopyloo305 permalink
    23 August 2011 @ 15:27 15:27

Hope you are okay Bob B. Sounds like it was pretty strong. Unusual strength in that earthquake, they say the worst since 1897!

27 August 2011 @ 12:50 12:50

For me it was the worst since 1987 when that chubby chick jumped on me!

4. Svenster permalink
    23 August 2011 @ 16:23 16:23

More headwinds.

23 August 2011 @ 19:45 19:45

Well, hey…Barry warned us about those damn things, didn’t he?

5. 23 August 2011 @ 16:37 16:37

The Tea Party rockin on Bush’s fault?

6. Adobe Walls permalink
    23 August 2011 @ 17:21 17:21

Old masonry construction doesn’t do well in quakes if one can’t get out and away from the building, I heard that one should head for a doorway. I’ve worked in construction for almost 40 years, the amount of rebar required in masonry has increased five fold in the last ten years.

7. bobbelvedere permalink*
    23 August 2011 @ 19:44 19:44

The building did okay with it’s swing and sway. My stomach went a bit quesy, however.

Thinking about those earthquake docs I’ve seen over the years, I would think the safest place to immediately go if, like me you were on the top [6th] floor would be as close to one of the vertical supports in the core of the building – they always seem to survive for a bit.

No matter, my little adventure pales in comparison to what other suffered during this nightmarish national tragedy. But, I must say, I felt better knowing that Barry was nearby.

• 23 August 2011 @ 21:08 21:08

People all around us felt a slight tremor here in South Carolina, but it tweren’t nuttin’ to be scared about. On the other hand, when I was a wee lad living in SoCal, an earthquake like this one would have rattled dishes off the shelves and cracked house foundations.

As an aside, did ya notice that Mooshelle was riding the Boy’s bike?

Mike G.

8. Bill Zwerger permalink
    24 August 2011 @ 12:06 12:06

Ummm, before you get too excited about Barry’s choice of bike in the above picture, please note that men’s trail bikes are now made with sloping top tubes, like the one pictured. Signifcantly lowers the risk of permanently damaging the family jewels;-)

If you want to see Barry on a real girl’s bike check this link

27 August 2011 @ 12:47 12:47

Thanks, Bill, for the clarification. The wussification of the American Male continues, even in biking. I mean, part of the danger, the thrill, of trail biking is that you put your frank and beans at risk.

9. 25 August 2011 @ 01:04 01:04

Oh my word! And you didn’t even need the caption, just directing my attention to the cross tube and I knew exactly what you were talking about. What, easier to jump off? Yikes, does this guy … oh, for cripes sakes, never mind!

27 August 2011 @ 12:48 12:48

My thinking exactly.

1. VIDEO: Exclusive Interview With Young Victim of the East Coast Earthquake : The Other McCain
  2. Earthquake Hits the East Coast | The Lonely Conservative
  3. Photoshop: Earthquake Hits East Coast While Obama Is Golfing, Devastating Economy « Nice Deb
  4. FMJRA 2.0: Take Me Out To The Ball Game : The Other McCain