No Sheeples Here…Or Anywhere, Anymore

28 June 2011 @ 20:10

As you may have seen or heard, Carol, Mistress of No Sheeples Here, has taken down her main site and the one where she stored her delightful Photoshops, Mako Snark.

She expressed some of her reasons for doing so in a e-mail that was sent to a fortunate few and, while I will not betray her confidence, I can say I understand her reasons and any bloggers out there in the Rightosphere will be able to guess a few.

Carol has been very good to your humble Dispatcher since I got into this game a few years ago.  She was always encouraging, always ready with some linky love, and always ready to flirt with yours truly.

As Dan Collins put it, let us hope this is ‘au revoir rather than goodbye’.

As others have said in blog posts and comments, we hope that Carol will rejoin us for the desperate battle in 2012, but, if for some reason she cannot, rest assured she will be with those of us who knew her in spirit……..Christ!…this sounds like a Goddamn eulogy.  Look, Carol: we miss you already; get you arse back in The Ether, when and if you can…okay?  At the very least, invade our Comments Sections [and what the Hell am I supposed to do during March Madness?].

Here is just a taste of what some other Friends Of Carol have written [special thanks to Dan for some of them]…

-Red is short, sweet, to the point, and eloquent.

-The Left Coast Rebel has a posting up with some of Carol’s greatest hits.

-Quite Rightly posts about her friend here and posts one of Carol’s best Photoshops.

-Paco offers his thoughts here [and check out Deborah Leigh’s spot-on comment].

-Proof gets Forceful with Carol here.

-Obi’s Sister does too here.

-Fishersville Mike recalls one of Carol’s best fights.

-[UPDATE at 2015] How could I forget The Troglopundit’s Automotivator tribute?  Well, actually…it’s very easy if you work at it.

If any of you all haven’t had a chance to leave a note for Mistress Carol over at one of the blogs above, please feel free to do so here.

Now…for some of Carol’s Greatest Photoshop Hits!   Please click,

NOTE: Most of the images below can be clicked-on to see full-size.

Special thanks to Red and the Left Coast Rebel for their help.

1. 28 June 2011 @ 21:03 21:03

We’ll miss her. That much is certain.

2. 28 June 2011 @ 21:43 21:43

I hate it when a conservative blogger goes down. Hope it’s just the blogging blahs and not something serious. She will be missed.

Mike G.

3. 28 June 2011 @ 21:54 21:54

Her sweater puppies contest was like the third best traffic driver to my little corner…She is one of the top 5 photoshops I have found. She is missed.

4. 29 June 2011 @ 10:57 10:57

Carol’s impish wit and imagination were boundless. I used her site as a well of inspiration and motivation. No matter how awful things got, she could find the humor and KO’d the bejeesus out of DC with a hilarious or snarky graphic. Pass me the tissues… she will be missed.

5. 29 June 2011 @ 14:40 14:40

Thanks for the link, she’ll be missed.

6. 29 June 2011 @ 16:08 16:08

Missing Carol already.

7. 01 July 2011 @ 23:21 23:21

One of the brightest lights in the right-blogosphere has gone out. I will miss her, I hope she comes back soon.

8. Carol permalink
    02 July 2011 @ 14:36 14:36

I got all misty-eyed reading everyone’s comments. Bob, thanks for the “eulogy.”

You don’t think I’d let you guys have all the fun during the 2012 election do you? I’ll be back and with a vengeance. I promise.

Carol
    formerly of No Sheeples Here

9. 03 July 2011 @ 12:45 12:45

Great post Bob. Great post.::sniff::

10. David permalink
    17 July 2011 @ 20:07 20:07

Good riddance!!! ‘No Sheeples Here’ was a waste of bandwidth.

17 July 2011 @ 23:44 23:44

Cogratulations, David! You just became the first Nimrod banned from TCOTS!

1. What is everyone doing this weekend? at Bride of Rove