Lilith Not Fair

14 June 2011 @ 11:45

So…let me get this straight [pun intended]: the lesbian blogger who outed the Syrian lesbian blogger as actually being a man is actually a man? Yowsza.

See the report here and the Memeorandum thread here.

Over at The Corner, Mark Steyn asks the question, Is Every Lesbian Blogger A Middle-Aged Man? One does have to wonder. Hell, in my younger years, when I was on the hunt and thought myself witty, I used to tell gals that I was a lesbian trapped inside a man’s body, so maybe Bob Belvedere is a lesbian blogger [something tells me Mrs. B. would disagree].

Anyway…the revelations keep on coming – from Mr. Steyn:

Just for the record, Jonah Goldberg, Mark Krikorian, John Derbyshire and I are all 23-year old lesbians. We started this site as a joke when we were drunk one night and had no idea so many gullible people would fall for such an obvious hoax. For public appearances, we hire 57-year old male 12th-year Social Construct Studies students who’ve been short of cash since the sperm donor clinic closed down.

Well…that would certainly explain why Mr. Goldberg defends Rich Lowry some times, but what of the two Marks and John? They must be the butch kind, obviously.

SIDENOTE: Moe Lane does some investigation:

I’d like to note that I have personally met Cynthia Yockey, and she told me that she was a lesbian blogger. I believed her: Cynthia has an honest face.

Good to know and she does.

1. 14 June 2011 @ 12:06 12:06

So Ben is… Glory?

2. Roxeanne de Luca permalink
    14 June 2011 @ 12:30 12:30

Is Bob actually a guy? I’ve never met him, even though he allegedly lives in this state.

Is there even a Mrs. B, or is there a Ms. B live-in-lesbian lover?

3. cathy permalink
    14 June 2011 @ 20:11 20:11

OK, I have to ask, as I was offered this line some mumfty-mumf years ago, and thought it a very strange choice…

Why?

And, did it ever work?

4. 14 June 2011 @ 20:31 20:31

Thank you! I’ll be happy to provide proof, although I draw the line at, ahem, Twitpics.

5. bobbelvedere permalink*
    14 June 2011 @ 23:16 23:16

Cathy: Yes. With the Wellesley and Harvard gals. I suspect they thought it meant I was a Feminist – that I understood them.

Cynthia: Methinks we all should stay away from such Twitpics after what we’ve just seen with Tony Schlong.