Rule 5 Saturday

19 March 2011 @ 18:24

Bob Belvedere here…

The TCOTS Rule 5 Compliance Committee has asked me to introduce this week’s Rule 5 Saturday post.

We spent many hours today meeting and trying to decide who to dedicate this week’s entrée to [we had two contenders].  This involved much  discussion and the standard ‘sharing of the bourbon’ that has become a tradition amongst the members.  There was much back-and-forth and it became quite heated at times.  But things worked out in the end, as either the individual members collapsed or left after the booze ran out.  So it was left up to me to decide who we would honor.  I chose to honor both.

If you have read the previous Dispatch below, you will see that long-time TCOTS Friend In The Ether, Paco, has thrown his fedora into the ring and is running for President of these United States.  As a roscoe-toting, cigar-smoking, Packard-loving, hard-boiled Mensch, we can not help but support him and, thus, we honor him with a dame straight out of one of his beloved Detective Paco stories.

Ah…there’s nothing like a redhead to unease your worried mind, so today, to also honor our friends of Irish Catholic descent [we do this, not out of any love for the Irish, but in to honor the fact that, during the massive Irish immigration to America, all the pretty ones came here], we shine the spotlight on a broad with red hair on her head and a darkness in her heart…

L A U R A   R I C H M O N D…

Please click on the image above to see full-size.

Special Thanks to The Cardinal†
[who is not Irish, thank God, bejeesus]

1. M. Thompson permalink
    19 March 2011 @ 19:39 19:39

When Edmund Burke wrote of how strong colors in beauty are diversified, he was thinking of the contrasts of red-headed women.

2. 19 March 2011 @ 19:59 19:59

And some still doubt there is a God? Well done(again) troops.

3. 19 March 2011 @ 21:28 21:28

Thankee, Bob! You just bought yourself a cabinet position.

4. bobbelvedere permalink*
    20 March 2011 @ 17:20 17:20

MT: The Burkester was a wise man.

Randy: God loved man so much He created woman, but, just to test us, He created redheads and Sicilian gals.

Paco: Thank you – I’m glad I decided to do it the old-fashion way.

5. wxwzrd permalink
    20 March 2011 @ 23:22 23:22

A dash of ginger makes a dish tasty!

21 March 2011 @ 19:09 19:09

Wxwzrd: So I hear.

6. Laura Richmond permalink
    08 December 2012 @ 14:33 14:33

Actually I am from Scottish descent! Someone just showed this to me. Actually he’s a redhead too.
    Love,
    Laura

• 08 December 2012 @ 16:58 16:58

Thank you for your comments, Miss Richmond. I hope I presented you in a way that is acceptable to yourself.

It is my habit to rag on the Irish as much as possble, having grown-up around politics dominated by them. I am part Scots-Irish, so the compulsion to do so is in my DNA. I am also of half-Italian descent and that adds to the impulse.

1. Rule 5 Saturday Night: Natalie Gulbis and March Madness Sweater Puppies | Maggie's Notebook
  2. Sunday Links: Vintage Car Ad Edition | Conservative Hideout 2.0