Happy Birthday, Governor!

06 February 2011 @ 00:00

That’s the name I instinctually call him, probably because I became an admirer of his about a year or two before he ran against President Gerald Ford.  A good number of the bricks in the path I took to political and philosophical maturity were made by Ronald Reagan.

I may comment on him later today, but, for now, many of my Friends In The Ether have published some great stuff on this great, yet humble, man.  Do check out all the DHS-Certified Right Wing Extremists listed in the right-hand column, but here are a few:

-Carol Sheeple has put together a wonderful video tribute to The Raygun that was made with a lot of love and affection.  It is magnificent.  Bravo, Carol!

-What would a Reagan Birthday celebration be without a party thrown by The Reaganite Republican.  He’s done three posts so far [here, here, and here] and I’m quite sure he’s not finished.

-Mark Steyn celebrates Mister Norm and Dutch Courage.

-Paul Kengor recounts Ronald Reagan’s long battle against the Progressives.

-Pundette recalls his commitment to the unborn.

UPDATE links…
-Quin Hillyer has posted two remembrances, here and here.

W. James Antle on growing up in RR’s America.

These are just a very few of the many top-notch postings out there.  I may update later.

At one point he may have taken a journey into the sunset of his life,
but he is always there in the dawn of every day
across the fruited plain he so loved.
—Bob Belvedere

NOTE: This posting will stay at the top of the page throughout today.

1. 06 February 2011 @ 01:34 01:34

My heartfelt thanks for linking to my tribute to “The President Who Stood By Our Side.”

God bless you and have a great weekend.

2. 06 February 2011 @ 12:25 12:25

Hi Bob, there are some great posts out there for our beloved Ronnie.
    I love Carol’s video too!
    have a great weekend.

3. Ran permalink
    06 February 2011 @ 16:44 16:44

Bob – thanks fer the post. Great links.
    Cheers!

4. 06 February 2011 @ 18:05 18:05

A wonderful tribute to a wonderful man. Reagan was the last trulyc onservative president we’ve had, and though I may have just been a kid when he was in office, I miss him!

I found a clip of a speech he gave in 1964 that could have been made, with some minor updating re world events, today.

5. KingShamus permalink
    07 February 2011 @ 12:22 12:22

“At one point he may have taken a journey into the sunset of his life,
    but he is always there in the dawn of every day
    across the fruited plain he so loved.”

Truer words are rarely spoken.

1. Ronald Reagan Tribute: Our Country | Maggie's Notebook
  2. Happy 100th Birthday, Ronald Reagan — Best Reagan Quotes: “I Have Always Believed That America Is Strongest & Freest & Happiest When It Is Truest to the Wisdom of Its Founders” « Frugal Café Blog Zone
  3. The WyBlog - Remembering when America had a Real President