The Righteous Rant Of The Day…

04 February 2011 @ 08:24

…comes courtesy of Robert Stacy McCain for his 100% pure, USDA-justified pummelling of Shepard ‘The Mower’ Smith, specifically, and celebrity reporters, in general. The have thoroughly embarrassed themselves with their coverage of the events occurring in Egypt and, hopefully, exposed themselves to the World for the pompous frauds they are. Two choice bits from Stacy:

How dare you, Mister $8 Million a Year, sit there in your New York studio and lecture the rest of us about the abuses of the Mubarak regime, as if it were in our power to do anything about it?
If you want to be a missionary and go save the world, then do so. But don’t get up on your high horse and start reciting the Declaration of Independence at us as if we were third-graders in need of your tutoring.

And…

In fact, there appear to be limits even to Barack Obama’s ability to influence events in Egypt, contrary to rumors that the president is planning to walk to Cairo and feed the protesters with five loaves of bread and two fishes.

Despite our apparent impotence, however, there are a lot of people who seem obsessed with the idea that we must watch what we say about Egypt. They seem to believe that only certain thoughts are permissible about Egypt. If we say the wrong thing, or even think the wrong thing, we might somehow influence the situation in Egypt for the worse.

Right-on, brother, right-on.

None of this is surprising. After all, what do you expect from people who don’t think that their poop stinks? In other words, this is typical behavior for the Elites.

Shep, Christiane, Anderson, et. al.: Why don’t you sit down, relax, and I’ll pour you a nice, hot steaming cup of STFU.

1. Adobe Walls permalink
    04 February 2011 @ 10:15 10:15

I can’t stand Shep and usually change the channel when ever he comes on, so I didn’t see and yet didn’t miss what he said that got Stacy so irritated. When ever Shep’s covering something of consequence his reporting becomes hysterical (oil spill) or giddy (passage of health care).

Here is a link to an email sent to a Sam Tadros from an unidentified Egyptian student.
    While American Thinker appears confident of the sources involved this narrative seems more then plausible to me. It gives some insight to how the Egyptian government is configured or at least how it is perceived. Interestingly to me is that if gives some flesh to the idea that Stacy McCain posted on Feb 3,. This article in AT would help explain why Gamal Mubarak resigned/was ousted from the NDP. I’ve wondered why the army seemed to be bidding their time as I’d assumed that they were THE power center and essentially THE Government. Perhaps neither of the two sides slugging it out in the streets are the army’s dog in this fight. IMHO a must read if one wants an alternative to the CNN and Shepard Smith narrative.

2. 04 February 2011 @ 11:18 11:18

I parked my article on Shep last night in drafts, when a comment from Hirsi Ali interrupted. I agree with this completely. I can understand why this is so difficult to understand for most people, but can see only one reason why Smith would be so clueless, and that is because he is a true progressive, and supports Islamists, pointedly Palestinians.

3. Joel Leggett permalink
    04 February 2011 @ 16:47 16:47

Thanks for the post. I was watching Shepard “the nancy” Smith’s coverage of the uprising in Egypt and I got so disgusted I wanted to throw something at the T.V. What a self-righteous douchebag. I can’t remeber the last time I wanted to punch such a pretensious pissant sooooo much. Glad to know I was not the only one so incensed by his coverage.

4. Adobe Walls permalink
    04 February 2011 @ 21:13 21:13

Maggie I don’t think Shep is anywhere near that deep, though Manic Progressivism may be an affection he picked up in college to get laid.

5. bobbelvedere permalink*
    04 February 2011 @ 21:17 21:17

Dame Maggie: I think Shep is just a Progressive Parrot. He may be a nice guy [I would knock back a few with him], but he’s an idiot.

Adobe: ‘Hysterical’ is the right word.

Joel: You are not alone!

ALL: I want to like Shep because he’s out there and I have a soft spot for the slightly deranged, but he makes it awful hard to.

1. Robo-Love Saturday: WTF Edition