Today’s Lack Of Posting Comes To You Courtesy Of…

14 January 2011 @ 20:53

…D.I.Y. Homeownership!

I had been promising Mrs. Belvedere since last Spring that I would finally install the shoe-moulding in our Dining Room.  She was very tolerant of my pleas to defer the job during Election Season and I vowed to do it the Friday before Thanksgiving.  That was not to be, alas, as I had another one of my rather regular minor health issues.  Therefore, she had to endure another Holiday without the finishing touch being added to her beloved showcase room as people sat in it.  Christmas Season then followed and she gave me one last dispensation, so, as I pride myself on being a dutiful husband and because I also value not being nagged, I performed the task today.  It took longer than it would have in year’s past because I am horribly out of shape as a result of my blogging career [sic].  Factor in the snow shoveling I did on Wednesday after our blizzard and I am one tired and achy forty-nine year old guy.  The good news is that I have the next three days off to recover and blog away, so expect some good stuff on Saturday.

BTW, FYI, I could have never made it through all my DIY projects over the years if it were not for my belief in the Great God of Woodworking…

Praise be his safety glasses!

1. 14 January 2011 @ 21:13 21:13

One of the very few things worth watching on PBS, IMHO.

2. 14 January 2011 @ 21:14 21:14

Bob, you are verily blessed of a wife with such patience, but please…it is not okay for a 49-year-old man to whine about being 49-years old. Don’t you know we are living to be 100+ these days. You are not even middle-aged. You’ve set a low bar – whining for the next 49. Take it back or get in shape. You are leaving the rest of us no where to go with this:-)

3. 14 January 2011 @ 21:20 21:20

And be careful with those ‘Honey-do’ lists..

They never end.

4. Adobe Walls permalink
    14 January 2011 @ 22:05 22:05

While my brother-in-law was helping me move in to my first house, as my wife kept going on and on about all the improvements we were going to make, he kept repeating don’t worry you’ve got the rest of your life to complete those projects.

5. bobbelvedere permalink*
    14 January 2011 @ 22:49 22:49

DaveC: I loves my New Yankee Workshop and This Old House.

Dame Maggie: Yes, Mam!

Adobe: Would that were true. We’re planning to move to NH in a few years.

6. M. Thompson permalink
    15 January 2011 @ 01:05 01:05

Norm!

Grew up watching those two shows. Always interesting to see how they rebuild a house.

7. 15 January 2011 @ 03:36 03:36

Bob, I am happy you finished the job but remind your self to thank God everyday for you marrying a very patient Lady!

8. 15 January 2011 @ 10:35 10:35

You’ve been totally linked!

9. 15 January 2011 @ 11:02 11:02

SO how many shoes is this gonna take? Do they have to match? Soles or uppers out?

10. 15 January 2011 @ 11:04 11:04

Did you cope the inside corners of the shoe molding? How about returns where the molding comes up against the door trim? 😉

As one who has been in the business of building houses for the last 30 years, and is in the middle of my own endless “honey-do” list, I feel your pain both figuratively and literally.

Mike

11. 15 January 2011 @ 11:11 11:11

I always thought that having mold in your house was a bad thing.. 🙂

12. 15 January 2011 @ 12:13 12:13

Let’s see – I’ve been waiting for:

A short strip of gutter over our back door: 12 years
    and
    Flooring in the closets: 13 years

Tell your wife she’s one lucky woman…

13. bobbelvedere permalink*
    15 January 2011 @ 14:26 14:26

MT: I find it quite fascinating. When we moved in our current house in 1998, I began watching TOH to get some tips and soon became a big fan of the show. I also starting watching the New Yankee Workshop and found I wanted to try my hand at woodworking. Soon I was not only redoing the Kitchen, but also trying to make furniture.

Christopher: I do and, luckily, it works both ways.

Red: Thanks, darling.

Richard: Ah…you don’t know my wife. Outside of the jewlery I’ve given here, her favorite gifts over the years have been a leaf blower/vacuum and a drill/driver set [FYI: she hates to shop].

Mike: [double meaning alert] I can’t cope to save my life. Our house was built in 1901 so there’s not a 45 degree angle in the place. I cut the moulding by eye, did pretty good [if I do say so myself], and thanked the Heavens for spackle. As for the pain: my right hand is refusing commands to day [thank the Good Lord for spellcheck].

DaveC: You funny guy.

Adrienne: Not as lucky as you think. We finsihed the do-over of the Dining Room in 2004. I was working on a very big project at work from 2005 thru 2006, went and got The Big C in 2006, and had to convert the closed-in Front Porch in 2007/2008/2009. She’s had to be verrrry patient. Fortunately, I married up!

14. 15 January 2011 @ 15:11 15:11

>>Mike: [double meaning alert] I can’t cope to save my life.<<

You they make tools…and pills for that. 😉

Mike

15. 15 January 2011 @ 15:12 15:12

You they
    ^
    know…Doh!!!

16. 15 January 2011 @ 15:25 15:25

I can sympathize Bob. My wife values every honey do higher than blogging…

17. bobbelvedere permalink*
    16 January 2011 @ 17:46 17:46

Mike: We loves our Vicodin at TCOTS.

Silver: Same here.

18. 16 January 2011 @ 20:47 20:47

Yep, nothing like a Percocet and a half a fifth of Jaegermiester to cure what ails you. What I did for New Years Eve to soothe the pain of slinging left over Christmas trees into the recycle pile….about $ 14,000 worth, our cut if they had sold. 😦

19. 18 January 2011 @ 12:37 12:37

What’s a shoe molding?
    I’m happy you finished part of the list, as you know, it’s never ending.
    like wack-a-kitty, when one is done, another pops up!

20. SleedsFen permalink
    22 September 2011 @ 23:57 23:57

Hello! are you interested in ?

???