Enough Is Enough, Conservatives

13 January 2011 @ 11:21

Over at Protein Wisdom, JeffG makes the following comment on the Obama’s speech last night in Tucson that is dead solid perfect [emphasis his]:

Watching many on the right rush to congratulate the President for his supposedly compassionate speech, which included an ironic and hypocritical call for “civility” (NO LABELS, haters!) — after allowing his party and the media to spend five days suggesting that millions of Americans who happen to disagree with the Presidents policies were somehow co-conspirators to multiple murders, including that of a 9-year-old girl — it is clear to me why the GOP establishment and its supporters have consistently ceded ground to the progressives and to their agenda: they strive, above all else, to avoid being cast in a negative light by their political opponents. That is, they’re cowardly and cowed.
The rest of us don’t need to be.

To borrow from the execrable Kos (who, let’s remember, was one of the first of the progressive stampede to tie the shootings to Sarah Palin and the right), screw ‘em. Sideways. With a halibut.

Jeff is quite correct that we have no reason – none at all – to be intimidated by the Left. Who gives a good Goddamn what they think of us? Look, I know we all have a deeply ingrained desire to want to be liked by our fellow men, but it is important to realize that the Left will never, ever like any one of us unless we submit to their ideas. To submit to them is to betray what you know is right, to place your soul in chains to others.

It is time we on the Right realize that there is no reasoning with the Left, that they will not listen.

Their minds are closed and bolted shut to any arguments because they believe they have found THE ANSWER, the Way. The Progressives believe they are the only Enlightened Ones and that we are, at best, misguided idiots, and, at worst, dangerous and insane lunatics. This is what they believe. Don’t kid yourself that they view us as anything but fools or thought criminals. Just think of the ways they describe us and our ideas…go ahead, think…I’ll wait…well? In their depraved way of thinking, the Left believes that the Right is evil.

Therefore, there’s no point in EVER arguing with them about anything.

The time has come for us to refuse to deal with them in any reasonable way. To engage them in any conversation is to give them and their ideas legitimacy, to announce that their fantastical thinking is normal – it is not. Created in the sterile laboratories of thier minds, the ideas and schemes of the Left are unrealistic, unworkable, and unsuited to human beings living in Reality. Therefore, we are only wasting our time in arguing with them. They are zealots, fanatics who cannot be persuaded with Right Reason. We must forgo trying to argue with them and go on and do what it takes to restore and then maintain our freedoms and liberties. Perhaps, just perhaps, by the example we set, a few of the loons will recover their mental health sufficiently to see the light and fight against their crippling [and dangerous to others] retardation.

Enough is enough – don’t waste your precious time.

1. 13 January 2011 @ 12:10 12:10

Bob, Excellent quote! Sums up my thoughts to be sure. I wish to add it to my recent post with all appropiate links of course.

2. 13 January 2011 @ 12:50 12:50

The quote and your analysis of the leftists is spot on. I quit caring what those commies think about me years ago. They count on their disapproval into shaming us to agree with their lunacy. They are EVIL, end of story, and I never waste my breath, time, typing or anything else trying to reason with them. I’d have better luck trying to train the squirrels in my yard to cut the grass and plant flowers.

They showed their TRUE colours with that pep rally last night! I’m glad smart people are seeing this farce for what it was. I did torture myself and watch. My take on O’s “performance” during that service was that it was disgraceful. It was a political rally! The way he used that young girls’ murder to chastize people to be nicer! I did not see her parents in the audience! I have to read all the reports, but at first glance, it looks like THEY WERE’NT THERE! Does anyone know if this is so?

And, then how he said after he visited the Congresswoman, she opened her eyes! Making like he’s the Messiah or something, healing the sick. Another disgraceful usurping of a solemn event. I hate to say, “I TOLD YOU SO”, but there you go! I knew this would happen. A college Pep Rally, not a “Memorial Service” by any stretch of the imagination. And now I read there was BEER BEING SOLD, and O looked like he sampled alot of it. Plus, all the demotard ppl bussed in! His craven wife couldn’t even WEAR BLACK. A Purple skirt, FFS, nice shout out to the unions who organized this dog & pony show so swiftly. Horrid but not surprising, sadly. URRRRGH. God Help US!

3. 13 January 2011 @ 13:23 13:23

Excellent! linked…

4. Adobe Walls permalink
    13 January 2011 @ 13:38 13:38

The “memorial” event started with a blessing from a witch doctor, that pretty much set the tone, wouldn’t a church have been more appropriate? Perhaps there are no Mosques in Tucson. They gave away t-shirts, standard for a political rally. As I’ve been writing for over a year now this plaintive cry for civility must stop, of all people, Obama has been on the wrong side of this issue since the first push back.
    We should revel in the hatred of the left, have we not worked hard to earn it? Why would we want to unite the country? We outnumber the Bolsheviks two to one why should we pretend we have the same goals? Progressivism is a character defect at best, they are despicable and I couldn’t warm up to those people if we were cremated together.

5. 13 January 2011 @ 14:10 14:10

Bunni lays finger on the truth: a political rally stolen from a memorial service. And so many “right-side” commentators are remarking it as “a good speech,” meaning, making good points. It was a political speech, a re-election speech, replete with messianic posturing. Picture of the perp elevated above the Congresswoman’s husband, embracing. Christ on a stage. Couldn’t even bring himself to get on the same physical level as the grieving man. An evil speech by an evil man in an evil setting for a cruel rally of political action operators. I’m disappointed the Congresswoman’s husband disgraced himself to be present at that meat-market. Of course he and his spouse are Democrats and it was a Democratic Party electioneering event. Crowd shots look like SEIU members. The Congresswoman is Jewish, was a rabbi present? Other victims were Christian, were priests and pastor present? The event was a finger in the eye of America, exactly what the perp and his entourage always do. They never miss a chance. Let them do more, I say, self-revelation is always the best access to truth.

6. Adobe Walls permalink
    13 January 2011 @ 15:16 15:16

Here is NPR’s take on the Arizona shooting

7. 13 January 2011 @ 17:28 17:28

Knocked it outta the park, Bob, thank you! Linked at PPII, too. Wish I could post it on the front page of the Wall Street Journal but hey, I do what I can with what I got.

Who was it Thanks again!

I always made one prayer to God, a very short one. Here it is: “O Lord, make our enemies quite ridiculous!” God granted it. ~ Voltaire

8. bobbelvedere permalink*
    13 January 2011 @ 19:49 19:49

Christopher: Thank you.

Bunni: First of all, thanks for taking one for the team and watching that pathetic display last night. My God…I hope the rest of the sane world realizes this clown, his wife, his minions, and the cretins in the audience don’t represent America in any way, shape, or form.

Adrienne: Thanks.

Adobe: That last line is great – well said.

David: I agree with every bloody thing you said so well, but, perhaps, the husband may have been pressured to be there as he is still on active duty – I don’t know.

Adobe: Typical NPR, and I must say that NPR correspondent Daisy Hernandez is total ignoramus.

KC: Thank you for the kind words [and the Voltaire].

9. 14 January 2011 @ 19:49 19:49

Nice post, Bob.

10. bobbelvedere permalink*
    14 January 2011 @ 20:30 20:30

Nicholas: Thank you.

11. 15 January 2011 @ 23:04 23:04

I can’t watch the guy (Obama) long enough to even try and give him a fair shake. Everything about him is a lie so until he comes clean what’s there to listen to?

16 January 2011 @ 17:43 17:43