The Spot-On Quote Of The Day…

07 December 2010 @ 20:17

…is awarded to Stacy McCain, proprietor of the semi-famous and full-on-infamous The Other McCain, for perceiving immediately the pros and cons of the arrest of Julian Assange and offering conservatives some very sound advice for dealing with the situation:

The good news: A British judge has denied Julian Assange bail, which means he won’t be free to keep leaking U.S. national security secrets on the Internet.

The bad news: A British judge has denied Julian Assange bail, which means some other poor shmuck will now have to satisfy the twisted carnal cravings of Swedish socialist women.

More good news: The Left is thrust onto the horns of a dilemma, forced to choose between conflicting principles of feminism and anti-Americanism.

More bad news: This has given Naomi Wolf an excuse to write a column.

In such a storm of controversy, by what lights should a conservative steer? Simple enough: Find out what side of the argument Andrew Sullivan has taken, and get on the other side.

Spot-on.

1. KingShamus permalink
    07 December 2010 @ 20:20 20:20

Naomi Wolf.

Wow.

I didn’t know this wacky broad was still employed.

Huh.

2. bobbelvedere permalink*
    07 December 2010 @ 20:28 20:28

Your Majesty: It would seem she is. Either that or she’s paying some strapped-for-cash periodical to publish her.

3. 07 December 2010 @ 21:40 21:40

I would simply prefer that Assange go through a trap door with a rope around his neck.

07 December 2010 @ 23:29 23:29

ORPO: Sounds good to me. Hey, what would happen if he ‘hanged himself’ in his cell?

4. 08 December 2010 @ 06:04 06:04

I’ll dare to take a slightly different view here.
    The bad news: thousands of secret documents have been released.
    The good news: they leave some leftist claims looking pretty silly.

5. Ran permalink
    08 December 2010 @ 07:31 07:31

Is it just me?
    The kids are playing: Dumping docs, feeling-up travelers, ignoring the borders, fvcking-off on golf links and trips to Spain, impeding economic growth via the Fed and by Regulation, even threatening to shut-down Fox, talk-radio and the conservative internet… H3ll, some of them are even hinting at direct violent revolution, if we are to take Van Jones at his own word.

Adult America is drumming it’s fingers, biding time, staying calm: We’ve put an historical electoral rejection in the kids’ faces with the White House two years away. More is in the works.

6. 08 December 2010 @ 10:32 10:32

Do you think Assange actually has the ‘insurance’ plan he talked about, and would others actually step in for him and release the ‘insurance.’ They can’t all have rape charges pending, but would put themselves in the ‘hunted’ category.

We need to take out the State Department (figuratively not literally) and put a lot of Military desk jockeys under oath

Ran, your comment can be your 2010 review post:-)

7. Erich Madden permalink
    09 December 2010 @ 00:34 00:34

I don’t think I like McCain’s suggestion. It seems to require that I actually read Andrew Sullivan. I’m just not willing to do that. He makes my brain puke.