How Did Everybody Get In My Room?

21 November 2010 @ 16:18

That minor health issue has prevented me from posting since Thursday [no Rule 5 Saturday for the first time!!!].  Looks like it’s a kidney stone or a cyst that resulted from the radiation I received four years ago.

I’ll be heading off to the sawbones on Monday to see what’s up, but I got to spend all of Friday in a doctor’s office then at the hospital for tests.

Interesting incident: the Doc I saw on Friday wanted me to get an X-Ray and Ultrasound before I saw the specialist on Monday.  The secretary called and had the hospital fit me in ASAP.  As we entered the hospital I said to Mrs. B. ‘If this has happened once Obamacare took effect, I’d have to wait weeks for these tests and be in pain the whole time’.  The woman walking in front of us turned around and snarled at me.  I guess we know who she supported.

I’ve been on some heavy Vicodin [and the heating pad turned to ‘High’] to smother the pain, so I haven’t felt up to posting.  Right now I’m, enjoying one of my few lucid moments.  Also, siting in a chair hurts.

Thank God for Book-TV and C-SPAN3-AH [and Fox].

PS: Thanks to all the commentators for keeping the discussions going.

1. 21 November 2010 @ 16:33 16:33

Hey Bob, I’m so sorry hear about the possible kidney stone or cyst. I don’t think anything is much more painful than a kidney stone. It would have been appropriate had you growled back at that women, who clearly is a fool not to be suffered.

Know that I’ll be thinking of you and praying for your comfort.

BTW, I see your Rule 5 pics surfaced. I’ll add you to mine IF my new host EVER GETS THEIR FREAKING PROBLEM FIXED. Thirty-six hours now with little access – another 24 to be expected.

Blessings for good rest,

Maggie

21 November 2010 @ 16:43 16:43

Dame Maggie: Thank you. Tell me where your host lives and I’ll send a paisan over to ‘talk to ’em’ IYKWIMAITYD.

GN6: I’m feeling better already!

2. 21 November 2010 @ 16:39 16:39

Sorry to hear you’re unwell, Bob.
    Does this help?

3. 21 November 2010 @ 16:50 16:50

Here’s hoping for a speedy recovery Bob.

4. 21 November 2010 @ 16:56 16:56

Ouch and more ouch!! You poor thing (except for the Vicodin part.)

Do me a favor and do not what my Dad did. After he died and I was cleaning out his apartment I found his kidney stones in a glass jar – or Lord knows it could have been his gallbladder or some damn thing. Anyway – I think they now blast them with super loud rap music and they dissolve, or maybe they’re just hiding from the music – or something.

In any event – you are in my prayers …

5. 21 November 2010 @ 17:06 17:06

Speedy recovery Mr. B…..
    Beware of too much Vicodin
    Bummer about the no rule #5 Saturday….
    Alas there is always TNT.

6. 21 November 2010 @ 17:48 17:48

Get well soon Bob, keeping you in our prayers at the CP household.

7. 21 November 2010 @ 20:09 20:09

If you need a quick x-ray, just head over to the nearest airport. 😯

God bless Bob … I know you’ll pull through!my prayers are with you.

8. 21 November 2010 @ 20:09 20:09

If you need a quick x-ray, just head over to the nearest airport. 😯

God bless Bob … my prayers are with you. I now you’ll pull through.

9. Adobe Walls permalink
    21 November 2010 @ 20:35 20:35

Good luck and get well soon.

10. 21 November 2010 @ 21:47 21:47

You’re linked at this epic roundup: ‘Korean Air Rule 5 – Special Linkmaster Smith Farewell Edition!’.

11. Erich Madden permalink
    21 November 2010 @ 22:17 22:17

Ow! Kidney stone – done that, don’t want to do it again. I had to wait two weeks for the traveling Lithotripter trailer to come to town to blast the little bastard to bits. I can only imagine how long I would have had to wait under O-care. Here’s hoping you get treated a lot sooner than that!

12. M. Thompson permalink
    22 November 2010 @ 02:37 02:37

Here’s to ypur speedy recovery, Mr. B.

13. bobbelvedere permalink*
    22 November 2010 @ 17:38 17:38

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOU WELL WISHES!

Here’s the latest in a nutshell:

(1) the kidney stone was a very small one which I seemed to have passed as several sand-like grains over the past several days, thus avoiding the pain which folks say in comparable to seeing Hillary Clinton naked.

(2) the side effect from my radiation treatments four years ago has to still be looked into, so on 07 Dec I will have a probe sent up my Johnson to see what’s what. Henceforth, December 7th will be known as Pee Harbor Day is these parts. I was surprised to find out that this side/late effect of the radiation starts occuring between 5 and 10 years after the treatments – who knew?.

(3) I have a cyst in my kidney which is not unusual for someone my age [48/49] and there’s no reason to do anything about it.

(4) I have a spermacyst in my right testicle that is quite normal as well, but, to be on the safe side, they will ultrasound it on Pee Harbor Day – I have requested a Rule 5 worthy nurse.

Bob’s Advice: Don’t let your sons grow up to be cowboys or get The Big C.

And…OBAMACARE DELANDA EST!

Once again, thank you all.

14. 22 November 2010 @ 18:15 18:15

thus avoiding the pain which folks say in comparable to seeing Hillary Clinton naked.” Don’t DO that to us, man. Good luck with the ultrasound.

15. 22 November 2010 @ 20:40 20:40

Good luck and feel better soon.

16. 22 November 2010 @ 23:27 23:27

Bob, glad that today is behind you and you at least know what’s next. That info about radiation IS startling. Congrats on getting rid of the stone in the way you described – one more reason to give thanks on T-giving.

My host lives at iPage. Today things are much better at my place. My hubby tells me my countenance has been much pleasanter. I am most appreciative of the offer to send a paisan. I don’t know what that is, but I know I’ve heard it. Looked it up in the Italian-English reference, and they don’t know what it is either. I’m assuming it has something to do with the Mafia. That would definitely work, and I’ll let you know if they can’t keep their act together.

Take it easy. It’s Thanksgiving just relax and restore. You’ve been through a lot.

17. Roxeanne de Luca permalink
    23 November 2010 @ 02:41 02:41

Glad to hear that some of your woes are less woeful. Sigh.

Get well – we need you around.

Advice from my bf, who is in radiology: pretend to have a cousin/child/sibling in radiology. You’ll get better service.

18. Erich Madden permalink
    23 November 2010 @ 03:09 03:09

Actually, it’s worse. It’s more like having your eyes taped open and being forced to see Hillary, Nancy Pelosi, and Barney Fwank starring in an “adult” movie. Yes, it’s that bad.

I am now going to go surgically remove the portion of my brain that contains the above thought.

19. 23 November 2010 @ 06:14 06:14

Bob, a little more Gina can’t hurt now, can it?
    Especially when it’s the pinup queen herself who’s the receiver
    for a change.

20. 23 November 2010 @ 07:57 07:57

You know, Bob, you could have had the x-rays and the examinations *for free.* How close are you to Logan International?

21. 23 November 2010 @ 11:36 11:36

Whoa Bob, I sympathize man! Gallstones were my downfall, and yes I keep them in a jar. My daughter thinks they are alternately “gross” and “cool” depending on her mood.

Remember that scene from The Sopranos when Tony sends a sexy nurse to “cheer up” Jackie Aprile in the hospital? If she’s available, I’ll see if Tony can send her your way.

22. bobbelvedere permalink*
    23 November 2010 @ 14:13 14:13

Ran: Sorry, but we conservatives must always confront the truth. Thanks.

Matt: Thank you.

Dame Maggie: I’m very thankful, yes. A paisan is literally someone you’re related to or from the same area in Italy. The idea behind sending one is that person is the kind of person you can rely on to be loyal to you because of your connection.

Roxe: Thank you and I will take your advice. You wrote ‘Get well – we need you around’. Now, normally I would respond ‘and getting rounder’, but I have lost five pounds in as many days – the bright side of being ill for a roundish guy like me.

Erich: All well and good for you, but what about the rest of us?

GN6: You come through again. One quibble with Gina, however: OPRAH!?!

Ran: That’s the funniest comment I’ve heard throughout this whole thing.

Chris: You’re a good friend, Chris Wysocki.

23. 23 November 2010 @ 16:03 16:03

Watch that blood pressure, Bob! This wasn’t like the Pepsi comp – Gina was nominated by someone else.

24. 24 November 2010 @ 19:11 19:11

I hope you are feeling better, and every thing turns out all right during your upcoming exams, Bob. I am such a wimp and I loathe going to doctors or any type of medical stuff, so I was really cringing just reading about your tribulations, I can only imagine how you feel about it. Take Care and enjoy your Thanksgiving.

24 November 2010 @ 19:59 19:59

Bunni: Thank you. Take my advice: go to your doctor.

25. 29 November 2010 @ 12:59 12:59

Aw Bob, no! I hope you get to feeling much better right quick and fast 😉

29 November 2010 @ 16:28 16:28

Thanks Red. I’m doing much better. I hope you are well.

1. Save Money On Your Health Care Costs! « The Camp Of The Saints