The Left: Like The Owl By Day

04 November 2010 @ 10:53

As you may have heard, Bwarney Fwank gave what is, perhaps, the most petty and angry victory speech I have heard in my forty years of hearing them and in my many years of reading old ones from before my time.  The old fool came off as a the immature little junior-grade intellect weed that those of us who have followed him for decades know him to be.  Stacy McCain’s succinct description is spot-on: ‘Barney Frank’s spiteful little tantrum’.

Ed Morrissey has the video of his ten minute foaming-at-the-mouth sputtering spittle here — if you can stand it [sitting won’t help].

Glenn Reynolds watched the speech and learned a larger lesson from it and the race between Fwank and Sean Bielat:

But Frank’s childish behavior provides a good lesson in how to deal with the political class. Mock them, and don’t treat them with the respect they — wrongly — feel is their due. They’re not used to being challenged. Keep it up, and odds are they’ll either quit, or embarrass themselves fatally.

Mock them, deny them the legitimacy they haven’t earned, be subtle and give them enough rope to hang themselves with, and expose their despicable behavior to the cold, harsh light.

You won’t win over the Useful Idiots and Fellow Travellers — they’re lost causes — but you may get the mushy middle-of-the-roaders to begin to see through the Left’s lies and false acts.

Or, as Billy Shakes put it:

…like the owl by day,
If he arise, be mock’d and wonder’d at.

King Henry VI, Part III: Act V, scene IV

1. 04 November 2010 @ 13:51 13:51

The baird was a hoot. Some’at like tha’.

2. Roxeanne de Luca permalink
    04 November 2010 @ 14:35 14:35

Damn straight. I didn’t see the speech – I was listening to Sean live and in person (and joining the “Thank you Sean!” and “Twenty-twelve” chants) and that was tough enough. (Getting drunk afterward helped – marginally – but there is not enough wine in the world to make that all okay.)

“Marsha” Coakley fell apart when challenged – in a pretty epic manner. Bwarney is on the verge of it. Let’s push him over the edge.

Or, as I’ve been telling people, make them wish they had lost – then grant that wish in 2012.

3. bobbelvedere permalink*
    05 November 2010 @ 10:57 10:57

Ran: You’re a hoot – but don’t pollute.

Roxe: Great ideas, all. Hope the hangover wasn’t too bad.

4. Roxeanne de Luca permalink
    05 November 2010 @ 23:07 23:07

I don’t get hangovers. 😀

05 November 2010 @ 23:30 23:30

Roxe: I forget – you’re Soy Woman!

5. Roxeanne de Luca permalink
    06 November 2010 @ 17:14 17:14

I prefer “Wonder Woman”, especially when I have my girl-power boots….

06 November 2010 @ 18:05 18:05

Roxe: Your wish is TCOTS command.