Viva Le Restoration

16 September 2010 @ 14:45

Speaking of AmSpecBlog [which has, thankfully, awoken from it’s coma]…

The Editors have published a posting in which five conservatives offer brief analysis on Tuesday’s primary elections.  Here’s Brent Bozell’s:

For the politically-challenged, let me spell it out: R-E-V-O-L-U-T-I-O-N. This country is in a state of upheaval. The liberal establishment – in both parties — has every reason to groan. Its days are numbered. Ring the bells. Out with the old, in with the new. These are exciting and oh, so encouraging times.

I agree with every word of what he writes, save one: REVOLUTION.

The Oxford English Dictionary defines the word as ‘a forcible overthrow of a government or social order, in favour of a new system’.

What Obama and his Bolshevik comrades are doing is revolutionary.  They are the Revolutionaries in this war.  They are, right now, in the process of overthrowing the government of The United States Of America and seeking to overthrow the Judeo/Christian social order.

We are the Counter-Revolutionaries or, to use a more positive term: we are The Resistance that is seeking a Restoration.  All we seek is a restoration of those unalienable rights that we are endowed with by our Creator and that are codified in the freedoms and liberties bequeathed to us by The Founding Fathers in The Constitution Of The United States Of America.

The Revolutionary seeks to smash and destroy existing institutions.  We want to re-establish what has been slowly and methodically undermined by the termites of Leftism.

I don’t know why people of the Right have such a desire to label themselves with a word that is associated with such filthy, stinking, murderous people as Revolutionaries have all been.

Everything we stand for is the exact opposite of what they stand for.

They believe in government by whim; we believe in Law And Order.

They believe that all morality and truth is relative; we believe in The Permanent Things.

Words matter, dammit.

1. 16 September 2010 @ 15:47 15:47

Bozell meant Re-volution, perhaps.

2. Adobe Walls permalink
    16 September 2010 @ 16:24 16:24

I can live with Revolution, Restoration or my favorite Counter Revolution. As long as all the members of the left end up living under a bridge in the end.

16 September 2010 @ 17:33 17:33

Ran: Cute.

Adobe: Wishing that fate on ’em is being too kind. I’m reading a very good book The Forge Of Christendom about the centuries before and after the year 1000 A.D. and I was just enjoying a good old [Christian, mind you] Viking rampage that involved the cutting off of various body parts and burning of things – what really made it a pleasure, was to imagine the Right as the Vikings.

3. 16 September 2010 @ 19:25 19:25

I like Counter-Revolution myself. We are, after all, fighting against some folks with Marxist leanings.

4. 17 September 2010 @ 11:01 11:01

I seem to hear the ringing sound of a Monty Python scene: “Bring Out Your Dead!”

17 September 2010 @ 18:40 18:40

TL: I find myself pretty much always thinking of Monty Python references when it comes to politics and culture – is there something wrong with me?

1. Viva Le Belvedere!