Does Rep. Bob Etheridge Have An ‘Unnatural’ Relationship With His Cows?

13 September 2010 @ 19:50

Intrepid and slightly demented reporter Stacy McCain is all over this story like a pig in…well, you know:

For the record, no one has suggested — not even so much as hinted — that Rep. Bob Etheridge (D-N.C.) has a relationship with his cattle that some might call “unnatural.” But when a congressman leaves a meeting with his constituents because he wants to spend “quality time” with his cows . . .

Please do take the time to read the rest of the report on Rep. Etheridge [D-A&B] by clicking here.  Melissa Etheridge could not be reached for comment and neither could her kooky Right Wing sister Militia Etheridge.

1. 13 September 2010 @ 19:56 19:56

He’s just trying to persuade the PETArds to vote for him.

13 September 2010 @ 20:24 20:24

The Watcher: Good point.

Ran: That’s what good friends are for.

2. 13 September 2010 @ 20:06 20:06

…or perhaps the good Congressman has merely stepped in it while collecting fresh bvllsh!t. That, or he’s being lobbied by MoovOn.org? What’s for sure is that he’s on the horns of a dilema and he’ll milk it for all it [slap!] um, thanks Bob… I needed that.

3. Erich Madden permalink
    13 September 2010 @ 22:40 22:40

Don’t you see? This completely unstaged and totally spontaneous interruption of his routine proves to all us yokels that he is just one of us, a poor small family farmer with the same bovine problems the rest of us all have. Why, if his cows were allowed to run loose and escape, he might not make it through the winter, and the villainous bankers would repossess the small family farm upon which his livelihood depends. Certainly not a rich, disconnected, oblivious Washington fat cat at all. Yup, he’s got me convinced.

13 September 2010 @ 23:14 23:14

Erich: I accidentally deleted your Fox News comment and link which got lodged in my Spam Filter. Please provide it again. Apologies.

4. Adobe Walls permalink
    13 September 2010 @ 23:38 23:38

Unfortunately footage of this nature involving Bob is not going to happen. There are substantial rural areas in our district but not that rural.
    Renee needs to get moving, Bob’s people are out putting signs along 70 between Garner and Smithfield. She had plenty of signage out leading up to the primary. Out of three she was my third choice. Her two opponents had more fire, I voted for Dietrich who told me he’d move to abolish the Dept. of Edu. when I talked to him April 15 in Raleigh. At a forum here in Clayton she mentioned something about working with our friends across the isle. That being said I talked to Bob last August at a Healthcare Townhall. He is not more reassuring when sober.
    In years past Bob had always voted more down the middle which is more in keeping less liberal NC. In the 111th congress he earned 95 percent rating from Americans for Democratic Action. Hopefully this is enough to doom him.

5. Erich Madden permalink
    13 September 2010 @ 23:50 23:50

I never realized Adobe was a local – Howdy, neighbor! Sadly, here in NC District 4 we are probably stuck with David Price forever – I may have to move to Garner if ya’ll can manage to get rid of Etheridge.

6. Adobe Walls permalink
    14 September 2010 @ 00:20 00:20

Erich Madden: Howdy and please tell me you don’t live in “the Containment Area for Relocated Yankees”.
    My condolences, as RCP has NC4 listed as likely Dem. They did not have a poll listed for that race maybe some hope there although between Cary and Chapel Hill looks like a pretty liberal district. I’m noticing that with the exception of Burr’s Senate race there is very little polling for any of the NC House races. At least not that RCP has access to. I suspect the only reason Renee Ellmers vrs Bob got polled was because of the video yoUtube. Good luck it would be nice to get rid all three of Pelosi’s three blind mice.

7. Erich Madden permalink
    14 September 2010 @ 01:01 01:01

Heck no! I try to avoid towns where the homeowners associations won’t let you fly the American Flag because it conflicts with the decor!

If only we could trick David Price into slapping around some young constituents on camera….

8. bobbelvedere permalink*
    14 September 2010 @ 08:14 08:14

Adobe/Erich: Thanks for using B-Harmony.com….now: get a room.

[I kid because I love]

9. M. Thompson permalink
    15 September 2010 @ 00:39 00:39

Well, he could be, you know, getting used to what he’ll be going back to in January.

Or, simply, he just wants a non-hostile audience.

15 September 2010 @ 08:29 08:29

MT: Methinks it’s both. Or…perhaps he’s gotten tired of sucking at the government teat and wants some real ones.

10. Adobe Walls permalink
    15 September 2010 @ 09:21 09:21

Rep Etheridge has not grown tired of sucking and I doubt he ever will.