They’re A Bunch Of Mean Old Clingy So And So’s!

30 August 2010 @ 11:22

President Nancy-Boy is whining again…

From Politico, Glenn Thrush reporting:

Obama, speaking with NBC “Nightly News” anchor Brian Williams on Sunday afternoon, was equally dismissive of conservative talk show host Glenn Beck — saying he didn’t watch the Fox host’s Saturday rally in Washington but wasn’t surprised that Beck was able to “stir up” people during uncertain economic times.

“I can’t spend all of my time with my birth certificate plastered on my forehead,” quipped Obama, who took a deep breath to gather his thoughts when asked if the poll reflected his inability to communicate with voters.

“The facts are the facts. We went through some of this during the campaign — there is a mechanism, a network of misinformation that in a new media era can get churned out there constantly,” said a visibly annoyed Obama, referring to “birthers,” who have waged a guerrilla campaign questioning either the existence or the validity of his Hawaiian birth certificate.

“I will always put my money on the American people, and I’m not going to be worried too much about what rumors are floating around there.” [Bob: Sure you will – when they march lockstep to your beat and don’t question their betters like, um, this past Saturday (see rest of quote that follows)]

Obama, who just returned from a long vacation on Martha’s Vineyard said he didn’t watch Beck’s massive rally at the Lincoln Memorial on Saturday, adding that he was focused on the long term, not on the “Nightly News.”

“It’s not surprising that someone like a Mr. Beck is able to stir up a certain portion of [the American people]. … That’s been true throughout our history,” he said.

William Jacobson is spot-on in his comments:

Thus, in his dismissive tone, Obama once again reduced opposition to his policies to nothing more than mob rule, or worse.

Obama doesn’t seem to realize that his dismissive comments and attitude are undermining his presidency as much as his policies. Obama just can’t see opposition as anything other than the mob.

I like the way Big Fur Hat puts it: ‘the Great Communicator is actually a Whining, Incompetent, Misanthropic Cry-Baby’.

It must truly be hard for the little brat, day after torturous day, having to put up with such an unruly and ungrateful mob.  Poor baby.

The Memeorandum thread is here.

1. 30 August 2010 @ 12:27 12:27

Half a million in D.C. and another couple million there in spirit isn’t exactly chopped liver, Barry. Your dismissal makes you look immature and petulant, like a 4 year old who is told he can’t have any more ice cream.

What a pathetic excuse for the man who sits in the Oval Office. I am so embarrassed.

Lord! I can really use another shot of humility and humour here, soon! Thank you!

30 August 2010 @ 13:50 13:50

KC: I can certainly try to send some humor your way. As for the other…..

2. 30 August 2010 @ 14:27 14:27

“I can’t spend all of my time with my birth certificate plastered on my forehead,” quipped Obama,”
    What a c#ckholster! If he’d do that just once then people might stop cracking on him to show his legitimacy,

3. Buzz Bannister (Private Guy) permalink
    30 August 2010 @ 15:28 15:28

Actually I don’t believe Barry WAS born, I think he just “showed up” one day and that Certificate of Live Birth he waves around was from after the little SOB showed up so shouldn’t that Certificate be called a Certificate of After Birth…in this case I think it should.

30 August 2010 @ 16:15 16:15

Buzz: Good one.

4. 30 August 2010 @ 20:59 20:59

Funny that the only history we have on Teh One is what he wrote in his “autobiography”. I’m told it’s a whopper of a fairy tale.

30 August 2010 @ 21:18 21:18

Mike: That’s what I hear too – a Fractured Fairy Tale.

5. Erich Madden permalink
    31 August 2010 @ 00:46 00:46

Corrected Text:

It’s not surprising that someone like a Mr. Obama is able to stir up a certain portion of [the American people]. … That’s been true throughout our history.

6. 31 August 2010 @ 06:58 06:58

If Teh One would stop being such a snooty academic and stop making all these protests about himself personally then maybe there would be something to work with. It would do him well to watch Fox news and truthfully he should have watched the Glenn Beck 8/28 rally to listen to what people are wanting but instead he is no better than Sharpton. All he sees and hears is that ‘whitey’s attacking him’ and that it’s about hating Barack instead of pushing for a return to morals and civility. What an egotistically baby. It makes me want to say Believe it or not Mr. President b ut life does not revolve around you. Maybe if he learned to act more presidential and less of a whiny pundit then Americans could get behind him a bit more or at least feel like they aren’t having a one-sided conversation with their government.

31 August 2010 @ 08:19 08:19

Red: It will never happen – the Golden Child will never change.

BTW: Always good to start off the day with a bit of Red.