How About A Little Breather….

28 August 2010 @ 17:28

We all need a little breather. And, hey, it’s Saturday Night and the lumpwort lickspittles of the Leftist god and the nibbling nitwit nimrods of our natural rights are off doing whatever it is pathetic pusillanimous parasites do in their sorry-ass slime-ridden social lives, so let’s kick back and relax a bit…

-It’s been a month since I’ve done of of these and I apologize.  I had a bit of the August blahs and Real World® kept intruding.

-What would a Breather posting be without featuring a little Donald ‘Restraining Order’ Douglas in the DJ Booth?  He starts the rockin’ off right by not turnin’ his heart away and speedin’ away in his Barracuda.

-Since we’re riding on the Highway To Hell, we’ve got to keep on moving because, according to Irish Cicero, the Bolshes are Burning Down The House.

-For all you Head Bangers out there, Christopher has A Trifecta Of Heavy Metal featuring Motley Crue, Metallica, and Judas Priest.

-For you more quite-minded types [Bob traces a square in the air], Pundette has some silky Peggy Lee and some Sinatra and Ellington — proving she is no square.

-Ever since the publication of The Spy Who Came In From The Cold, John La Carre has done nothing but whine about and decry and denounce those brave souls who have protected The West in the intelligence services.  In his dotage, the master of jive novels has denounced James Bond.  Ever the gentleman [and, some suspect, ladykiller] Ran puts on his tuxedo, lights himself up a Johnny Player Black, pours himself a real martini, and deals the wimpy novelist a righteous [and witty] thrashing.

-That enjoyable event calls for a Benny Goodman medley, courtesy of Paco.

-Time to head back to the Plains Of Rock-In-Ham.  Floating above it all, Mike, Master Sorcerer of ThatMrGuy, waves his magic wand and transports us to a White Room with a White Rabbit who wants a Piece Of My Heart as the sun sets and we find ourselves in the Nights In White Satin watching and praying to the Spirit In The Sky [whew!].

-After such a heady trip, we need something to bring us back to reality and what better than being entertained by Amusing Bunni & Her Adorable Animals!

-Gator Doug likes conflict and so a few weeks ago he treated us to another battle in the Guitar Wars, this time involving a duel between Steve Lukather and Eric Clapton over the song While My Guitar Gently Weeps.

-Speaking of great axemen: Mick Ralphs has been around for a long time [Mott The Hoople, Bad Company] and is one of the finest and most under appreciated Rock And Roll guitarists by the general public.  I was reminded of this recently when I began watching a concert of Bad Company’s that I had DVR’d off VHI-Classic.  So, we’re going to end this little interlude with some Bad Company because, not only will you get to enjoy Mick’s great riffs and leads, but you get to listen to one of the greatest bands in the history of the genre and vocals from one of the greatest vocalists in Blues and Rock, Paul Rodgers…

I believe my soul’s on fire…

And I feel like makin’ love…

Six-Gun Sound…

1. 28 August 2010 @ 17:54 17:54

I love that good old rock ‘n’ roll. Thanks for the link-love.

Mike

29 August 2010 @ 18:49 18:49

Mike: You’re welcome.

2. 28 August 2010 @ 18:23 18:23

Sweet DJ post. Guess you didn’t care for my Jet post. I can’t blame you really. They are a bunch of AC/DC wannabes.

28 August 2010 @ 18:27 18:27

Red: As you can see by the dates on some of the postings linked, I store ’em up and wait for the right mix to include them in. In other words: KEEP HOPE ALIVE!

3. Adobe Walls permalink
    28 August 2010 @ 21:42 21:42

Six gun sound is our claim to fame…still makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck.
    Saw them live at the “Capital Center” in Largo Maryland in 78? My brother and I a took our girlfriends. Unfortunately I drove so my brother and his girlfriend got to “ride” in the camper of my truck on the way home. Feel like Makin Love was a GREAT song.

29 August 2010 @ 18:58 18:58

Adobe: What a great, great band. I watched the full VH1-Classic Classic Concert last night. I had forgotten how much they influenced me as a guitar player and composer.

4. 28 August 2010 @ 22:22 22:22

Bob… thanks for the kind introduction, sir, but I assure you, if I indeed had any wits I lost them years ago in a game of whist at a London pub.

29 August 2010 @ 19:01 19:01

Ran: Methinks you’re being way too modest, dear boy. How many people know what Whist is? And that it is one of the signs of the civilized man?

5. 29 August 2010 @ 00:52 00:52

Oh I’m not crying to hard over it. Like I said, it was a mediocre pick. I was just in a ‘mood’ Tuesday and so it went. 😉 Next time I’ll just drive straight through to AC/DC and be done with it 😉

29 August 2010 @ 19:02 19:02

Red: You put up some AC/DC [especially from the Bon Scott years] and you are assured of a place in one of my Breather postings.

6. 29 August 2010 @ 18:42 18:42

Great set, Bob. I’ve been a Paul Rodgers fan from day one. You probably knew that though. 🙂

7. 21 November 2010 @ 14:00 14:00

Thanks for this, Bob, I missed it before.
    As you know I’m sticking w/ the adorable and fun stuff now more than ever 😉