Happy Activation Day!

25 August 2010 @ 12:02

One year ago yesterday, Dr. Eldon Tyrell activated the replicant known to us as the Mind Numbed Robot [I was not there as I was busy having some elective surgery done on my halitosis].

In the year that he has been living among we humans, MNR has been a source of much pleasure [even though he was not programmed for this like the Paris Hilton series was] and of much thoughtful commentary on the state of America and of The West in these dark times.

Over at his site, MNR has transmitted a set of reflections on his first year in Le Blogospheré that shows what a humble ‘bot he is and that he does not have a tin ear when it comes to returning the Robo-Love we all feel towards him [in a very manly, John Wayne-ish kind of way for us extremely heterosexual guys].  Here’s a highlight:

Unlike Stacy McCain, of The Other McCain, I have no aspirations of taking over the entire blogosphere, though I certainly don’t hold it against him that he wishes to do so. More power to you Stacy. I simply want to add my voice to the many who are crying out that our government has been transformed from its original purpose and was/is being further transformed in an exponentially quicker pace into the monster our Founders warned us against. That fight still remains. To what end is a matter on which I pray daily. Can I get an Amen?

A–Men, brother: the battle rages on.

And may your second year, be a masculine year.

In honor of this happy occasion, I, Pope Voluptuosus I, hereby award some Rule 5 Nerdy Love to the Mind Numbed Robot:

Keri Bryon…

Marina Sirtis…

SIDENOTE: Now, I’ve been at this crazy, koo-koo blogging jazz for two years and three months and I ain’t never gotten a shout-out like this from the great Chris Muir:

Whose parts did the Robot lube to get that???

1. 25 August 2010 @ 13:35 13:35

Linked you back! Tag, you’re it! lol
    Thanks for the Kari balloons. Like a toy that can’t be played with.

25 August 2010 @ 17:04 17:04

MNR: You were programmed with a virtual holodeck, you know.

2. 25 August 2010 @ 17:24 17:24

You gotta love that Mind Numbed Robot. The avatar alone is a crack-up.

3. 25 August 2010 @ 19:37 19:37

I’m taking notes MNR. Even though I’m “flesh ‘n blood”, I hope to one day blog as good as you. 😉

Congrates.

Mike

25 August 2010 @ 20:57 20:57

Mike: That’s okay…don’t mention taking notes from me even though you’re sucking up my bandwidth…no really…it’s okay because I’m chopped liver and chopped liver has no feelings.

4. 25 August 2010 @ 21:23 21:23

I thought it was a given that I was taking notes from you, as well as John Doe, Gator Doug, and others.

My apologies friend for not giving you equal billing. 😉

5. 26 August 2010 @ 01:37 01:37

Nice GHD, and you can get what you paid. GHD hair straightener is really good!

1. Robot Reflects on First Year