Ten Buck Friday

02 July 2010 @ 09:58

‘Hey Bob: What is the heck is Ten Buck Fridays?’, you ask.

Dame Maggie, mistress of Maggie’s Notebook, has the details over at her joint.  A highlight:

Conscientiously Conservative came up with a great idea. Each Friday she is donating $10 to a worthy conservative candidate now up to the November election. Several bloggers have joined the effort. Note that, if $10 is too much, do less, or do more if you can. The point is to get it on our calendars and in our minds – rather than putting it off for another time.

She’s got all the details on how easy it is to participate and what to do here.  There’s even a page for it on something called ‘Facebook’ [I have no idea what that is; I’m so unhip these days that I think ‘being hip’ means you’ve had a hip replacement…boom, boom! ].

Now, some of the folks who are involved in this conduct a poll every week soliciting votes as to which candidate should be targeted that week.  The Reaganite Republican reports on this week’s winner:

This week’s winner? The lovely and talented Anna Little, conservative candidate for New Jersey’s 6th Congressional district… and you can donate that ten bucks burning a whole in your pocket at her site today right -here-

I especially happy to see this gal win [I gave her my vote] because my Friend In The Ether, Russ at That’s Right, has actually been working in her campaign as a volunteer and, from what he tells me, she’s our kind of people.

1. 02 July 2010 @ 10:51 10:51

Thanks Bob, have a super 4th~

PS- nice graphic!

02 July 2010 @ 13:14 13:14

You too and thanks.

2. Russ permalink
    02 July 2010 @ 11:58 11:58

Thank you General. We here in Swamp-6 are doing everything we possibly can to get rid of Frank Pallone for the good of the Country. With the Ether’s help through things like TBF and good people like you, we are damn well gonna do it too.

CHARGE DAMNIT!

02 July 2010 @ 13:15 13:15

Damn The Torpedos!

3. 02 July 2010 @ 21:47 21:47

Totally our kind of people. Watch this:

Please encourage friends, family, readers, and fellow tweeters donate generously this 4th of July weekend. The Anna Little campaign will be providing feedback on total donations received under the TBF banner so let’s show them what we can do!

And don’t forget to put “Ten Buck Fridays” in the field where it asks for your occupation… That’s how they know who we are!