My Top Five Favorite Bloggers…

22 June 2010 @ 08:30

I know this is dangerous territory, but I’m not one to avoid danger.  In fact, ‘Danger’ is my middle name:

#5 Robert Stacy McCain: Always witty, forever wise, Robert Stacy McCain is the epitome of fine political and cultural blogging.

#4 Stacy McCain: You can spend most of your day searching for penetrating analysis on the Web or you can just keep refreshing your connection to Stacy McCain’s page.

#3 R.S. McCain: So many of us in Blog World are prone to let ourselves go vulgar, but R.S. McCain is always the gentleman in that fine tradition of The South.  If the South does indeed rise again to dominate this country, it will owe a tremendous debt of gratitude to one R.S. McCain.

#2 RSM:  To me these initials do not stand for a mere name, passed down from brave and noble ancestors of The Lost Cause.  No.  ‘RSM” to me means Resolute Sturdy Manly — the perfect example of the red-blooded, 100% USDA Grade-A American Male.

#1 Robert ‘Speedo’ McCain: Well, they often call him ‘Speedo’ but his real name is ‘Mr. Blogosphere’.  At no other site on the Intrawebs will you find such erudition, such drollness, such fecund fearlessness, such babes.  This is the man who invented Rule 5 — a gift that keeps on giving and that we can never repay.  This is a manly man, a tough man, a kind man: this is a man who needs you to hit his damn tip jar so he can pay for his daughter’s wedding.*

As you can see above, I have avoided the usual pitfalls of such a list….and committed one of the greatest suck-ups of all time, at the same time.

______________________________________
* Speaking of that, Stacy:  As a member of the Axis Of Fedora, and, thus, an honorary Italian, does this mean that you will not be able to refuse any requests on the day of your daughter’s wedding?

DaTechguy asks Don Stacyeone a favor on his daughter’s wedding day as The Troglopundit looks on and enjoys another free drink.

1. 22 June 2010 @ 09:06 09:06

I’d rather visit Smitty’s website. He can write well, and his side-kick ain’t a slouch either.

22 June 2010 @ 09:16 09:16

Nobody is better than Smitty 1E.

2. 22 June 2010 @ 09:58 09:58

LOL – If you don’t get blog of the day on TOM for this, there is no God.

22 June 2010 @ 11:03 11:03

Stacy McCain is God.

3. 22 June 2010 @ 11:59 11:59

Ha! Wisely played.

22 June 2010 @ 14:30 14:30

Thanks, Red.

4. Roxeanne de Luca permalink
    22 June 2010 @ 13:29 13:29

I’m thrilled to know that my internet friend, with whom I briefly shared a bit of blog-space, is not a shameless blog-whore.

22 June 2010 @ 14:24 14:24

Not ‘a shameless blogwhore’, The Shameless Blogwhore!

5. 22 June 2010 @ 18:38 18:38

Bob, You’s a flat out slut! I can respect that.

22 June 2010 @ 19:37 19:37

A Jeffersonian would – TJ was quite the horndog.

1. Bob Schools His Fellow Bloggers… | Mind-Numbed Robot
  2. Rightwing Links (June 22, 2010)
  3. It’s Official: ManBearPig Is A Pig [Updated Below] « The Camp Of The Saints