The Pablum Puke Of The Day… [Updated Below]

03 June 2010 @ 14:38

I was originally going to quote just what pablum emanated from the mouth of Sir Paul McCartney, MBE, DNBE* last night at The White House when he performed with others at a ceremony honoring his receipt of the Gershwin Prize, but, after reading Chris Richards’s article in The Washington Post [which shouldn’t be considered a reporter’s report, but, rather, his fellating of a group of people with his pen], I feel compelled to quote all of the pablum reported.  Onto the quotes:

Hope may have gotten him elected, but in President Obama’s White House on Wednesday evening, it was all love. [Bob: I feel nauseous] The reverent, paralyzing, smile-until-your-face-cramps kind of love [Bob: (retching noise)]– all of it aimed at Paul McCartney.

The president also welcomed an array of artists to perform McCartney’s tunes and genuflect before the maestro. Stevie Wonder, Dave Grohl, Faith Hill, the Jonas Brothers, Jack White, Elvis Costello, Emmylou Harris, Herbie Hancock, Corinne Bailey Rae and classical pianist Lang Lang each offered thoughtful reads [Bob: ‘thoughtful reads’!  Okay, nancy-boy] on the McCartney songbook.

Wonder and McCartney would duet later in the program with “Ebony and Ivory,” [Bob: Ah, I wouldn’t want to be known for writing that drivel, but, hey, that’s just me: Bob Belvedere, man with some dignity left] but first came Rae and Hancock for a poignant take on the Beatles’ “Blackbird.” Recorded in 1968, it was McCartney’s gracefully melodic response to ugly racial discord then festering in the United States. Rae sang it for its author and for America’s first black president with an elegance befitting the moment. [Bob: ‘elegance befitting the moment’, eh? How come the word ‘maudlin’ just popped into my head?]

Grohl romped through the Wings-era hit “Band on the Run” — but not before shouting out his hometown Washington roots. He also called McCartney his hero, and added, “Mr. President, you’re my other hero.” [Bob: Was Bette Midler there?]

…”I hope the president will forgive me if I sing this song,” he quipped after Obama presented him with the Gershwin, and began crooning “Michelle.” During the I-love-you-I-love-you-I-lovvvve-you, the president leaned over to sing into the first lady’s ear. [Bob: (violent retching)]

When it was over, McCartney joked under his breath, “I’m gonna be the first guy to get punched out by a president.” [Bob: Don’t worry Pauly Babe, his punches are weaker than the ones that one-legged loon you were married to were]

Then, “Eleanor Rigby,” “Let It Be” and “Hey Jude” — followed by what felt like endless applause.

A sweet moment, but McCartney topped it off with a bite. After thanking the Library of Congress one last time, he let it rip: “After the last eight years, it’s good to have a president that knows what a library is.” [Bob: W read more books than the man-child ever has, you total f—ing old fool. Oh, I take that back. I see what you mean now: you’re just saying Barry knows what a library is for ’cause you know that’s where he has ‘private conferences’ with Reggie Love….sorry old-timer]

I hope Richards brought condoms [and a wet towel].

Tip of the fedora to Doug Powers, who comments:

I’d rather have a president who knows what a terrorist is and seems actively aware that the friggin’ Gulf of Mexico is about to be 10W-30 for the next decade, but hey, that’s just me. If you’re more comfortable with the genius who thinks there are 58 states, tried to enter the White House through a window and can’t go to the john without a teleprompter, that’s your right, Sir Paul.

Doug also brings up a very good point: why didn’t Sir Nozzle sing Back In The USSR?  Seems that would have been the most appropriate song he could have performed.

UPDATE at 1913…

-Over at Viewed From The Right, Lipton T. Bagg has a posted a great mini-Fisk by The War Planner of Sir Nozzle’s statement that people should get off Barry O’s back [you mean Reggie Love too?] and has shown us a side of himself we didn’t know existed: lyricist.  A highlight of the tune he penned for the aging Beatle bassist [sung to the tune of Lady Madonna]:

Mr. McCartney
Reporters at your feet
We wonder how you manage
To sound like a geek.

And it gets better, so please take the time to click here and enjoy the whole thing.  It’s my understanding that Lipton is putting the final touches on his first album Yellow Submarine Sandwich.

According to Fox News:

…The president said McCartney had “helped to lay the soundtrack for an entire generation.”

Yeah…he did…for a generation that made moral relativity and moral equivalence widespread and ingrained, that built the New Left into a dominant political force in order to tear down the institutions of this country, that very actively worked to implement the anti-human ideas of Alinsky, Cloward, and Piven, that tore apart the fabric of society in an orgy of narcissistic selfishness, that brought about the murder of millions of babies in the womb or abandoned to die alone in closets, and that brought us the most incompetent  and vile person ever to occupy [and it is an occupation of sorts] The White House.  Hey, thanks Pauly!

-Adrienne, mistress of her very own Corner, has given me a rant award and written that I made her day.  It makes my day when I can make a dame’s day.

_______________________________
* Douche Nozzle of the British Empire

1. Roxeanne de Luca permalink
    03 June 2010 @ 16:07 16:07

1. Is that video clip going to be the grand prize at a bulimia convention raffle?

2. I used to like that song. Now it’s wrecked for me, unless Michelle Malkin posts something about her husband serenading her with it.

03 June 2010 @ 16:39 16:39

Same here – the song is ruined.

2. Lipton T. Bagg permalink
    03 June 2010 @ 17:08 17:08

Roxanne:

That Obamantion you reference will one day become synonymous with the now infamous “Gore(y) Kiss”. Mark the calender, you heard it here first.

Bob:

I did a tribute to Mr. McCartney you missed and might enjoy. My left coast friend The War Planner thinks I should quit my day job…

-LTB

3. 03 June 2010 @ 19:26 19:26

I nearly lost my dinner reading the “fellation by pen.” I’m surprised that you didn’t require hospitalization for writing about it.

How can Obama have such a personality cult when so many see through it? It’s one of the very few aspects of Obama’s presidency that are actually transparent.

03 June 2010 @ 20:04 20:04

Hey, Matt, if you think of those cultists as merely the bastard children of the Jim Jones People’s Temple folks, it all makes sense.

03 June 2010 @ 20:06 20:06

Oh…as for my health: thank The Good Lord I have a strong Constitution [get it?].

4. Lipton T. Bagg permalink
    03 June 2010 @ 19:32 19:32

Bob:

Obama’s soundtrack has already been done:
    “The End Of The World (As We Know It)” by REM…

Just saying….

-LTB

03 June 2010 @ 20:07 20:07

I must disagree with you their Lipton: that song is the one I sing often these days to keep from getting too depressed.

5. 03 June 2010 @ 19:46 19:46

You sick man. You poor sick man. Stop torturing yourself in this manner!

‘Elegance befitting the moment’, eh? How come the word ‘maudlin’ just popped into my head?

That’s as far as I could go without laughing out loud, and I’m not really supposed to be doing that.

03 June 2010 @ 20:07 20:07

A hearty laugh is very good for the soul in these dark times.

6. Adrienne permalink
    03 June 2010 @ 21:49 21:49

Thanks for the shout out. Want to know the worst thing about the Beatles (from our perspective, anyhoo) ??? My husband’s band was booked on Ed Sullivan and when they booked the Beatles they canceled hubby’s band.

Oh well – hubby would have probably ended up in the gutter snorting some substance and had a gazillion wives instead of the one perfect one he has now. And he’s not big on performing, anyway. All’s well …

03 June 2010 @ 23:21 23:21

What was the name of his band?

• Adrienne permalink
        03 June 2010 @ 23:57 23:57

The Galaxies – but I must add that hubby did not want me to tell you ’cause he said it was a stupid name even way back then.

I was actually dating the older brother of one of the members in hubby’s band. Follow that? Good!

You can read about hubby at his site LeWalt Publishing

While you’re there (the ugliest website, evah!) cruise over to “just for listening” on the left and there are some samples of his CD’s

7. 03 June 2010 @ 22:33 22:33

I see you too have shared a disdain for superfluous entertainers of days long since past. Old hippie bastard.

03 June 2010 @ 23:22 23:22

Living is easy with eyes closed…

• Adrienne permalink
      03 June 2010 @ 23:58 23:58

Red – that guy is only a few years older than moi and I don’t look like that. His whole face looks like a hanging chad.

• 04 June 2010 @ 07:40 07:40

HAHAHAHAHA! Yeah my mother is of that generation as well and she has weathered the time superbly. Macca looks like he’s melting. I think there is a website for old socks like him.

• 04 June 2010 @ 07:41 07:41

Crap. The link didn’t work. Here it is again.

8. 04 June 2010 @ 08:01 08:01

This only enforces my belief that George was the one with the most Talent out of all the Beatles.

04 June 2010 @ 09:00 09:00