It Was 730 Days Ago Today…

07 May 2010 @ 23:47

…I published my first official posting at The Camp Of The Saints:

OBAMA: IT’S GETTING LATE; IS THE PARTY OVER YET?

Late last week, Charles Krauthammer wrote in regards to Barack Obama’s statement of last Tuesday:

This 20-year association with Wright calls into question everything about Obama: his truthfulness in his serially adjusted stories of what he knew and when he knew it; his judgment in choosing as his mentor, pastor, and great friend a man he just now realizes is a purveyor of racial hatred; and the central premise of his campaign, that he is the bringer of a “new politics,” rising above the old Washington ways of expediency. It’s hard to think of an act more blatantly expedient than renouncing Wright when his show, once done from the press club instead of the pulpit, could no longer be “contextualized” as something whites could not understand and only Obama could explain in all its complexity.

Earlier that same week, Thomas Sowell wrote:

There is no reason why someone as arrogant, foolishly clever, and ultimately dangerous as Barack Obama should become president — especially not at a time when the threat of international terrorists with nuclear weapons looms over 300 million Americans.

That this man could have ever been seriously considered as suitable to be the Commander-In-Chief is disheartening. During the early months of his campaign, it was clearly an empty suit, but…we fawned. In the past several months it has become crystal clear that he is arrogant, immature, radical, naive. Combined these make a man dangerous to his fellows. If you allow yourself to be led by such a man you’ll end up in a bad way—just ask the teenage passengers in a car wrapped around a tree after their buddy drives drunk.

That so many people could blind themselves to Obama’s clear and glaringly observable lack of qualifications for CinC perhaps is just one of the manifestations of the lack of Common Sense in a large swath of the American population [more on this subject later].

7 may 08 @ 4:23 pm edt

So began my inauspicious debut in the arena [who knew that I would develop into such a powerhouse of Right Reason, manliness, and a Rule 5 Mojo Master?].

It’s been a long two years.  My how time drags when you’ve got a Bolshe in The White House.

But, I’ve been very fortunate in the friends I have made on the right side of The Ether.

If I attempted to thank all of you by name, I know my dipsomaniacal brain would miss someone and that is something, having been brought-up Catholic, that would haunt me with feelings of guilt for years.

So, let me just say: you know who you all are…THANK YOU for all of your kindnesses, your generosity, your comments, and for tolerating my sense of humor.  I would not have continued blogging this long if it were not for the encouragement you all have given me.

We are locked in a fight to the death with those who would impose a Culture Of Death on all of us.  The fate of America and The West is in our hands.  I am able to do my little part to help the cause because of all of you are my fuel.  May the good Lord take a shining to you and…

1. 08 May 2010 @ 09:21 09:21

Right there on my “Must Read” list with Paco, Kae, Andrea, Lileks & the rest, Sir. Thank you.

WOLVERINES!

08 May 2010 @ 11:55 11:55

You’re very welcome, KC. You’re on my ‘Must Read’.

2. 08 May 2010 @ 09:56 09:56

Congratulations Bob keep up the good works.
    WOLVERINES!

08 May 2010 @ 11:55 11:55

Thanks, MNR. I don’t know if I mentioned this to you, but I do like the new digs a lot.

• 08 May 2010 @ 14:22 14:22

Thank you sir. I’m diggin them as well.

08 May 2010 @ 15:31 15:31

You’re very welcome.

3. Adobe Walls permalink
    08 May 2010 @ 13:01 13:01

Congrats and keep up the good work there is much to be done.

08 May 2010 @ 13:11 13:11