Your Two Minutes Hate Of The Day

27 March 2010 @ 15:47

Leonard Pitts:

So it turns out that, contrary to what I argued in this space a few weeks back, racism is not “a major component” of the so-called Tea Party movement. I am informed of this by dozens of Tea Party activists indignant and insulted that I would even suggest such a thing.

In other news, Tea Party protesters called John Lewis a “nigger” the other day in the shadow of the U.S. Capitol.

For the record, Lewis wasn’t their only target. Rep. Emanuel Cleaver was spat upon. Rep. Barney Frank, who is gay, was called “faggot.”

Comment by Theblogprof:

Despite evidence to the contrary, Leonard Pitts Jr repeats lie that tea party movement is racist because of DC incident that didn’t happen.

Astute observation by [of all people] The TrogloPundit, Lance Burri:

It’s not about truth, it’s about narrative. And that’s the narrative now.

It never has been about truth with the Left.  Their goal is to remake the world in an image they concocted in some demented laboratory.  If they admit reality into their field of vision, this mutated world they have constructed will collapse from the defective materials used in its foundation.

-Rep. Alan Grayson is off his meds again [was he ever on them?]:

That’s all they got left is fear and hatred. …We have to put end to the style of politics, and that means getting rid of Republicans entirely.

I got this quote from a video that Donald Douglas has posted over at American Power.  He also has an audio clip of LibTalker Brian Maloney calling for the deaths of Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, and Bill O’Reilly.

Please do take the time to click here and check out Donald’s full posting.

-Thanks for joining the Left in today’s TWO MINUTES HATE!  Be sure to tune in tomorrow …or else.

GE: We bring good things to death.

1. 27 March 2010 @ 16:39 16:39

“-Rep. Alan Grayson is off his meds again [was he ever on them?]”

He’s misread his medication..

Instead of the usual once every 4 hours he’s taking it 4 times every hour.

2. 27 March 2010 @ 17:23 17:23

The Left is spewing lies and false accusations. For all we know, this administration, or an organization connected to the administration may be hiring purple shirts to start trouble and committing these violent acts just so they can try and paint the Tea Party movement in a dark light. Although, there will always be a few nuts within any movement who don’t represent the vast majority of peaceful individuals in a particular movement.

27 March 2010 @ 18:12 18:12

Absolutely Teresa. Even if KKKers showed up at the TEA Party rallies and shouted their crap, it still doesn’t reflect on we Right wingers because what the Klan advocates is Left wing, just like the Nazi’s were on the Left.

3. 27 March 2010 @ 17:50 17:50

I’m an Army veteran and as patriotic as anyone can be. As a former medic I know that anyone who says the United States government can’t deliver quality health care is a liar who never served the country in uniform. Any such statement, in addition to being a lie, insults every Army medic and Navy corpsman who ever cared for a patient. Every citizen in the country would be fortunate to receive the quality of care I and my colleagues gave.

Alan Grayson speaks for me and my comrades in arms, and the reason you don’t know that is because you have never served in the military. He’s smart and courageous, and a breath of fresh air after hearing from Beck, Hannity, the deaf draft-dodging drug addict coward Limbaugh and “Just Say No” Mitch McConnell.

• Adobe Walls permalink
      27 March 2010 @ 23:48 23:48

You might of had me until you described Grayson as a breath of fresh air he’s not even a fresh pile od s**t.

• Adobe Walls permalink
        28 March 2010 @ 15:19 15:19

You might of had me until you described Grayson as a breath of fresh air he’s not even a fresh pile of s**t.

• 29 March 2010 @ 01:31 01:31

Repack,

I’ll assume arguendo that you are, indeed, a current or former member of the United States military.

First of all, how the government manages a programme says nothing about the competence of the people in it. There are good managers with bad employees and bad managers who cannot utilise the brilliance and effort of their employees. A criticism of the ability of the federal government to run a health-insurance plan for the entire nation (not just the armed forces) is hardly a criticism of Army medics.

Now, look in the Constitution, right there in Article I, Sec. 8. You should find something about the military in there. The federal government has the right (and the duty) to govern the Army and Navy. A part of its duty in that area is to provide health care to members of the armed forces. The federal government manages to be semi-competent in its provision of services that it is constitutionally authorised to provide (e.g. the Post Office, coining money, running a military), but is woefully incompetent at things beyond its scope of Constitutional authority (e.g. public schools, the EPA).

Therefore, that the government may provide decent medical care for its veterans and current servicemen does not mean that it can do so for the other 300 million people in America.

I’m not going to opine on the actual, current state of military medical care, since my experience with that has been limited to having a VMI medic treat an ankle sprain, but other TCOTS readers can probably chime in.

4. Adobe Walls permalink
    29 March 2010 @ 13:58 13:58

Roxeanne,not that a woman couldnt be an army medic but I doubt that Repack is on the up and up.IMHO she’s a troll. I’d be shocked that any one who knew what they were talking about would compare battlefield medical care or the fine people who provide it to HCR as passed last week.