Where Bob Becomes A Big Football Fan

02 April 2014 @ 07:50

I was a middling fan of the NFL in the 1970’s [the Big Bad Boston Bruins and hockey mattered more to me], but, as with all sports, I lost interest starting in the 1980’s, except for the occasional Bruins game.

However, as I age, as I mature, methinks it’s time to re-embrace the National Football League – it’s what any wiser and older man would do.

Oh…and this report has absolutely, positively nothing – not one blessed thing – to do with my decision…

From CBS-Atlanta, we learn [tip of the fedora to Drudge]:

The National Football Leagues has partnered with an app developer that will allow fans to get an in-seat visit from cheerleaders.

Sports Business Journal reports the NFL has teamed up with Experience in an effort to help improve the in-game experience for fans….

Yessiree boy, I was not influenced by this news.

Go Boston Patriots!

1. Starless permalink
    02 April 2014 @ 08:19 08:19

Taking into account the massive gobs of money the NFL extorts from taxpayers, giving them a second chance would only be worth it if the experience was free and if it was “upgradable” (IYKWIMAITTYD).

2. M. Thompson permalink
    02 April 2014 @ 09:11 09:11

Psst, that would be the New England Patriots.

• thecampofthesaints permalink
      02 April 2014 @ 21:02 21:02

Back when I was a kid, it was the Boston Patriots.

On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 9:12 AM, The Camp Of The Saints wrote:

3. Shermlaw (RS) permalink
    02 April 2014 @ 20:47 20:47

The NFL is dead to me. It died the moment Bill Bidwill took the Cardinals to Phoenix from St. Louis, after I’d worked my way up to 40 yard line seats, 20 rows up.

F***er.