Proof That Harvey Weinstein Is Mentally Ill…

16 January 2014 @ 21:04

…and, perhaps because he is so rich and well-connected, dangerous.

From Emily Miller, writing over at The Washington Times [tip of the fedora to Mondamay]:

Movie producer Harvey Weinstein announced for the first time on Howard Stern’s radio show that he is making a full feature drama to try to destroy the National Rifle Association.

Mr. Stern asked Mr. Weinstein on Wednesday whether he owned a gun. The Hollywood heavyweight replied that he did not and never would. “I don’t think we need guns in this country. And I hate it,” the producer said. “I think the NRA is a disaster area.”

Mr. Weinstein then revealed his secret project about the gun rights group. “I shouldn’t say this, but I’ll tell it to you, Howard,” he said. “I’m going to make a movie with Meryl Streep, and we’re going to take this head-on. And they’re going to wish they weren’t alive after I’m done with them.”

The shock jock asked whether the film was going to be a documentary. Mr. Weinstein said no, that it would be a “big movie like a ‘Mr. Smith Goes to Washington.’”

The movie mogul said his vision was to scare people away from firearms. He foresees moviegoers to leave thinking, “Gun stocks — I don’t want to be involved in that stuff. It’s going to be like crash and burn.”

The chairman of the Weinstein Co. (formerly Miramax) is one of President Obama’s biggest fundraisers. He brought in more than $500,000 from his Hollywood friends for the president’s re-election campaign and the Democratic National Committee in 2012.

The 5 million members of the NRA are law-abiding Americans who are active in preserving the right to protect themselves and their families.

Mr. Weinstein thinks guns are necessary for self-defense, but only in other countries, during genocides and if the weapon is not personally owned.

Mr. Weinstein does not seem to know that the Nazis were able to confiscate the guns that the Jewish people owned based on Germany’s government registry.

These are the ravings of someone who is mentally ill, but does it rise to the level where you have to urge Whinestein be put in a straitjacket?

While Leftism is, indeed, a mental illness, I think it most cases it does not rise to the level of commitment because people like Harvey [does he have an imaginary friend named 'Trotsky'?] does not pose an immediate danger to those around him and to himself [but, if he were to hurt himself, I wouldn't shed any tears].  Fortunately, we are still in a position — despite the fact that our government is illegitimate and, therefore, lawless — to ignore this ignorant cretin, this waste of human flesh, this depraved and soulless dimwit, this dumpy and demented little putz.  I am tempted to pray that he chokes on his own stupidity, but, well, I’m a peaceable man.

That Harvey Weinstein is seen as a serious person who should be listened to and consulted is another marker of The Present Crisis.

1. M. Thompson permalink
    17 January 2014 @ 01:51 01:51

Best thing to do to this asshole is ignore him.

Also, why won’t the laws on the books be enforced? The Powerline guys noted that Mr. Obama and Mr. Holder have prosecuted fewer firearms offenses than Mr. Bush and his AG’s did. More selective enforcement!

2. 17 January 2014 @ 07:31 07:31

Oh, I’m so scared! Some nut job with an overinflated ego is going to make another movie no one will watch!

Actually, it will not matter to this jerk if his film makes money or influences anyone or not. As long as he has something he can use to talk about himself and how great he is with his leftist friends is all that matters.

3. 17 January 2014 @ 08:30 08:30

I predict that the effect of this hypothetical movie will be to increase gun sales.

These guys keep telling us how damn smart they are, yet they don’t seem to be smart enough to see the cause-and-effect relationship between their threats to eliminate the constitutional right to bear arms and the increase in citizens exercising that right.

4. Chris permalink
    17 January 2014 @ 10:37 10:37

Hey! Wanna see my shocked look Harvey made me have? ( )! Wanna see it again?

5. 17 January 2014 @ 11:03 11:03

The movie will cost 200 million to make (hey, cocaine is expensive) and make about 500,000. It will bankrupt the studio, be nominated for 10 oscars and win seven.

6. Adobe_Walls permalink
    17 January 2014 @ 18:06 18:06

Two quibbles here Bob. There is nothing unpeaceable about praying that someone chokes to death unless you are kneeling on their neck while doing so.
    And secondly: of course we don’t want to institutionalize leftists. If we did that we’d have to care for them…and care about them.

1. The Daley Gator | Harvey Weinstein is crazy, but then again, most Leftists are