@SenRandPaul Votes For #Hagel – #RandPaulFAIL

26 February 2013 @ 20:17

There was no erosion in Democratic support for the president’s choice and Hagel  already had the backing of three Republicans — Sens. Thad Cochran, Mike Johanns  and Richard Shelby. Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., also switched to support Hagel in the  final vote.

Fox News

For the past number of months, Senator Rand Paul has been trying to position himself as the de facto leader of elected conservatives and Classical Liberals.

Example: He made a trip to Israel, where he seemed to be attempting to show that, unlike his Father, he was not an isolationist.

In a world beset by traitors to the Conservative / Classical Liberal Crusade, Mr. Paul was clearly aiming to shore up his bona fides with us.

With his vote to confirm Chuck Hagel as Secretary Of Defense, Rand Paul has shown that the fruit has not fallen far from the old fruit tree.

This was a major battle in the resistance to the forces of the Left In America who are trying [and, so far, succeeding] in turning the government of The United States into a banana republic and Paul took the side of Corruptocrats.

He voted for an ignorant man totally unqualified to be SecDef, whose views appear to be Anti-Semitic and who is pro-Muslim.

Paul’s reasons?  Well…

Following the vote, Paul told reporters in the Capitol Building, “There are many things I disagree with Chuck Hagel on, there are many things I disagree with John Kerry on, there are very few things I agree with the president on, but the president gets to choose political appointees.”  [via Twitchy]

Daria DiGiovanni comments:

The mask has been torn off another wolf in Common Sense clothing.

Rand Paul must be thrown into the elephant graveyard with all of the other faux fighters for freedom and liberty.

We’re in a situation where we really cannot afford to place much trust in any political figures, as we have had to learn again today.

We’re on our own.

Wolverines-Logo-560

1. 26 February 2013 @ 20:47 20:47

Thanks Bob! I share your utter disgust and I am starting to despair because every time we turn around, another member of the GOP caves on principles. Bad enough Obama won re-election but is it too much to ask that those elected to uphold the Constitution actually fight for it? I am through walking neighborhoods, making phone calls and volunteering in any way for any candidate in any election. They are all a bunch of traitors.

In Rand’s case, I always proceeded with caution. While I never like to judge a son or daughter by the sins of their father, Rand has proven with his vote today that the apple hasn’t fallen far from the anti-Semitic, isolationist tree. His daddy must be so proud. The rest of us fear for our country. I’ll keep praying.

• 26 February 2013 @ 20:50 20:50

Pray hard, Daria.

• 26 February 2013 @ 21:29 21:29

A friend from another blog says “drink moar!” I’m not sure he isn’t onto something. As he puts it, at least I’ll be numb when they come for me.”

• 26 February 2013 @ 23:31 23:31

That might be the best advice. Say…can you drink in a radiation suit???

2. M. Thompson permalink
    27 February 2013 @ 00:27 00:27

While I’m more than willing to give the President the benefit of the doubt on appointments to the cabinet, it is the Senate’s DUTY to reject those manifestly misqualified for their position (See also, Harriet Miers).

3. 27 February 2013 @ 06:03 06:03

Hmmm, what happened to “advise and consent”?

1. Is Rand Paul a Libertarian? | THE SCARECROW