To Answer Senator Paul’s Question…

21 February 2013 @ 08:31

On CNN, Rand Paul asked [tip of the fedora to Smitty][emphasis mine]:

“The budgets are not being decreased,” Paul said flatly. “We’re talking about cutting the rate of growth of budgets.”

Paul also criticized Obama’s “histronics” about the loss of thousands of jobs, suggesting that there was plenty of cuts to me made throughout government without laying off thousands of workers.

“I think the sequester happens, and it will be in some ways a yawn, because the histrionics that are coming from the president, saying, oh, we’re going to shut down and get rid of meat inspectors,” Paul added. “Is anybody not going to stand up and call his bluff on that ridiculousness?”

Short answer: No.

Cryin’ John is ready to cave. Granny Mitch wants to preserve the veneer of congeniality, even though his opponents are out-and-out thugs. The RNC is populated with craven consultants and full-on fools. And don’t get me started on the pundits….

Mark Levin is almost ready to advocate forming a third party:

This is why I cannot take the RINOs any more ladies and gentlemen. I cannot take the Republicans anymore. And I will be absolutely straight with you. If I believed that a third party would be viable, if I believed a third party wouldn’t elect generation after generation of Barack Obamas and Nancy Pelosis and Harry Reids, I’d go third party. I really would. But I can’t. Because I know what that will do. I know it’ll do exactly what I say. No third party movement has been effective since before the civil war.

But I’m telling you now, this his hard to stomach. To watch this Boehner getting ready to cower over 44 billion dollars because he doesn’t know how to handle a juvenile demagogue in the name of Barack Obama. That’s what he is, he’s a juvenile. He’s an amateur politician and Republicans are running in circles. They don’t know how to deal – I’ve never seen anything like it!

Obama is actually the easiest kind of Democrat to deal with. He’s predictable, he’s ideological, he’s incompetent, his phrases are repetitive. I mean it’s not like we’re dealing with an Adlai Stevenson or something here, it’s Barack Obama!

‘Oh what are we gonna do? How are we gonna address him?’

Night after night I come behind this microphone and I explain how to deal with him. I give them the facts. I do my own research. I present it to them. All this government waste, fraud, and abuse! What do they do? They say ‘oh my goodness, the cuts are going to be massive! They’re gonna be massive! But it’s not our fault, the sequester was his idea.’

What the hell are they talking about? It’s pathetic and I’m sick of them! I’m just tired of them.

That transcript was done by The Right Scoop. Do take the time to click here and listen to the full audio segment.

We can’t, however, let the current situation remain, so perhaps it is worthwhile striking out on our own. Or, perhaps it is better if we withdraw from national politics and concentrate on taking over a number of the Several States and waging our battles from there.

1. 21 February 2013 @ 08:45 08:45

I like concentrating on winning state races (all politics is local). But the PA Republican Party is historically incompetent–Lynn Swann, are you effing kidding me? Still, as mark observed, there is nothing as pathetic as the Goatse Obsolete Party. in DC.

2. 21 February 2013 @ 14:55 14:55

Where we stand now mean electing Zer0 types as far as the eye can see. So, tell me, Mr. Levin, what do we have to lose by going out on our own. I think there is more support for a true conservative party than many think, even though real conservatives are not that common on the ground.

3. M. Thompson permalink
    21 February 2013 @ 18:13 18:13

We are doomed.

4. 21 February 2013 @ 20:40 20:40

The Government has a vested interest in maintaining the stability of the two main parties. That’s why the government controls the ballot. We need to go back to the pre-civil war system where the parties handed out the ballots. Much easier for a party to virtually disappear overnight, like the Whigs did.

5. Roxeanne de Luca permalink
    22 February 2013 @ 13:17 13:17

Does my memory not serve me correctly? I seem to remember kicking arse in an epic and historical fashion in 2009 and 2010, once we decided that we would ask the hard questions, talk about the gruesome reality, and metaphorically kick Obama in the face.

2012? More genial. Got our arses kicked.

Americans do not like this. They do not like Washington. They do not like the debt. They do not like the government controls, the fearmongering, the refusal of the elites to tighten their belts when so many Americans are doing without. They do not like a culture of dependency. Americans LOVE when conservatives start fighting for them.

6. Adobe_Walls permalink
    22 February 2013 @ 16:03 16:03

So a viable third party movement must be the result or predicate of, or at least contemporaneous of a civil war. Sounds like a plan.

1. Around the Blogosphere In 80 Seconds | Daily Pundit