Righteous Fury

13 January 2013 @ 17:05

I think it safe to say that most of us on the Right feel just like Mark Levin:

You know folks, I’ll be honest with you. I just told a friend of mine — even though I sit behind this microphone and I try to be civil and so forth — I can barely contain my fury about what’s going on in this country. I’m just being honest with you. I can barely contain it. I’m so frustrated by this tyranny, you have no idea. Now we can analyze it, we can intellectualize it, we can parse it and so forth and try to unravel it. But I’m just telling you, from an emotional point of view, it is just so damned infuriating to see the greatest country on the face of the earth run by a bunch of lilliputians, who are constantly attacking it from within.

No discussion on the news programs about an imperial president exercising an authority he does not have under our constitution. Nothing. No discussion about all the lives saved and all the people protected as a result of the Second Amendment. Nothing. They continue to perpetuate the lie, the big lie that somehow, some new regulation, some new government fiat would have prevented what happened in Newtown, Connecticut. And then they pretend that they’re for law enforcement. They pretend that they’re hard on crime when they’re not.

We have evidence over one decade after another of how the very same people pushing for gun control against law-abiding American citizens support radical left-wing judges who are soft on criminals, support weakened sentencing rules, decriminalizing this and that. Since when was Obama strong on fighting crime? Since when has Obama supported law enforcement? But here he is, you know, ‘we have to stop gun violence.’ No, we have to stop violent criminals.

Now, there’s a fury in me — I’m just being honest with you — that I’m trying to contain.  Biden, the moron Senator from Delaware, taking his train back and forth and back and forth on Amtrak. Oh wow, what a guy. Anyway, so they may do by executive fiat — I’m trying to read between the lines — a national gun database. Now, why would we need a national gun database? Well, listen, we need to know who has the weapons, at all times, and how many weapons they have and what weapons they have. How come? Why? The guy that killed all those people in Newtown, Connecticut, we know who he was and we know who had the weapons, his mother. So what does this national database have to do with anything? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Oh, okay, but we need one anyway, right? To prevent what exactly? To prevent what?

(Mark Levin Show, January 10, 2013)

The whole segment can be heard over at The Right Scoop; the transcript courtesy of Real Clear Politics.

Resistentiam Tyrannis nunc.
Resistentiam Tyrannis saecula.
WOLVERINES!

[Resistance to Tyranny now.
Resistance to Tyranny forever.
WOLVERINES!]

1. 13 January 2013 @ 20:07 20:07

If you buy any gun, most especially hand guns, at a gun shop or in the venue of a gun show, you’re already in a database. The only way to evade being in the database is to only buy guns from private sellers.

You’re also in the database if you apply for and receive a CWP.

Their aim is to have all Americans register all their guns…aint gonna happen, sorry Skippy…err…Obama.

My personal belief is the Second Amendment IS mt gun permit.

Wolverines!

• Adobe_Walls permalink
      13 January 2013 @ 20:24 20:24

Garage sales.

• 13 January 2013 @ 20:36 20:36

As of now, you can still buy long guns at flea markets for yourself. But don’t get caught buying from one dealer and immediately taking it to your own table and reselling it the same day. Feds busted a guy at a local flea market for that very thing.

• 14 January 2013 @ 20:42 20:42

Mike, Adobe: Here’s an interesting bit of useful knowledge:

2. 13 January 2013 @ 20:15 20:15

Calling Biden a moron? Wow, he is working to be civil. What I would call him could not be printed on this family friendly blog, and it would render it NSFW afterwards as well.

3. 13 January 2013 @ 22:02 22:02

Here’s what politicians just can’t wrap their head around: You can’t LEGISLATE AWAY evil. If you could, we WOULD have already. Some laws deter criminals, but it’s the punitive ones that make potential criminals think twice. But if someone is mentally deranged or unbalanced or flips a switch, I’m not sure ANY law could stop them. But perhaps an armed good guy would. But NO….we can’t have America think like that. I am severely battling FRUSTRATION these days. Things don’t make sense anymore and I am astounded by the number of seemingly rational people I know that think more LAWS will keep us safer.

• 14 January 2013 @ 20:46 20:46

This is the great difference between Ideologues and conservatives: the former believe that man can be re-engineered to be as gods, whereas the latter know that man is and will always be flawed. The Left believes in the Art Of the Fantastical, the Right in the Art Of The Possible.

• 15 January 2013 @ 15:47 15:47

Well said.

4. M. Thompson permalink
    14 January 2013 @ 00:03 00:03

In other words, we’re mad as hell, and we aren’t going to take it anymore.

• 14 January 2013 @ 20:46 20:46

I hope enough of us are. I feel so damn frustrated that I can’t do more publically because I would lose my job.

5. indyjonesouthere permalink
    14 January 2013 @ 14:34 14:34

Progressives are on high dosage utopiates. They believe in no higher power than progressives and are damn sure they can institute heaven on earth. There is no antidote to such ignorance and arrogance. Only firepower keeps them at bay.