National Hot Toddy Day!
My friends at Maker’s Mark have just reminded me that today is National Hot Toddy Day.
Nothing like a Hot Toddy on a cold and chilly evening or if you or a loved one have got a bug.
The folks at MM offer-up this recipe:
- 1 ounce brandy, whisk(e)y, Bourbon or rum
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 lemon
- hot water
- tea bag, optional
- cinnamon stick for garnish, optional
- lemon wheel for garnish, optional
- Coat the bottom of an Irish coffee glass or ceramic mug with the honey.
- Add the brown spirit of your choice.
- Add the freshly squeezed juice of the lemon quarter.
- Separately, heat the water in a tea kettle. (Option: Add the tea bag to make hot tea.)
- Pour the steaming water (or tea) into the glass.
- Stir. (Option: Stir with a cinnamon stick.)
- Sip, savor and enjoy!
My famous [a least, to Mrs. B] Hot Toddy recipe is:
-Brew your favorite tea [I would recommend Earl Grey, but any will do, even Lipton]
-In a coffee mug, pour in a 1/3 mixed bourbon [I recommend Maker's Mark because it's smooth]
-Pour tea in mug to 1/4″ from the top and stir
-Squeeze in 1/4 of a lemon
-Add either 1 1/2 teaspoons of honey or, if you can get it, honey on a stick [Mrs. B's favorite]
-Serve to your patient [if she's a female, perform a chest exam just to make sure she's okay]