The Spot-On Quote Of The Day…

04 January 2013 @ 14:27

…is awarded to James Gannon for so eloquently expressing how many conservatives feel now:

…I feel abandoned by the establishment Republican Party of Washington, D.C. I feel depressed that I cannot see a single conservative leader in sight who could grab the Republican Party, slap it across the face, and tell it where it can go if it does not shape up. I feel angry that Republican “leaders” in Washington put a higher value on their own survival in office than the principles they claim to stand for. As I see it, the Republican Party is a rudderless ship that has lost its compass, dead in the water, with no captain and no destination. What this ship needs is a mutiny.

I now consider myself a citizen without a party. Everything that Speaker John Boehner and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell have done in the past month has reinforced my belief that only a grass-roots revolt — a true conservative mutiny — can save the Republican Party. The party is not worth saving unless it returns to conservative values — limited government, adherence to the Constitution, fiscal responsibility, and a dedication to individual liberty.

I have no hope that the leaders of the party in Washington have the vision or guts to adopt and adhere to such an agenda. They will pay it lip service, of course, but they will also go on making deals with the Democrats and President Obama to sell out those principles when it is expedient for their re-election hopes.

Only if millions of conservatives across the country withhold their money and their support for the collaborators in the capital, the nervous Neville Chamberlains of the Establishment, will there be any chance of real change in the GOP. So bring on the mutiny. There is something worse than being a person without a party. And that is being a member of a party without a soul.

Spot-on

As for me, I believe there is very little hope that such a mutiny can work, but I will do what I can to aid those who try one in the small hope that it shall succeed and save us much time and effort in building a new party organization.

Godspeed, rebels…I remain, Outlaw.

NOTE: It is fitting that the quote above is the first to be so honored with this award in 2013, for it looks to be a dismal year for those of us who love America and are fighting to preserve, protect, and defend The Constitution Of The United States.

So help us, God.

1. 04 January 2013 @ 15:05 15:05

Amen and amen!

2. Libertarian Advocate permalink
    04 January 2013 @ 16:00 16:00

Sometimes the darkest hour really is before the dawn. Do not despair completely.

3. 04 January 2013 @ 19:03 19:03

Despair is a sin, as Jerry Pournelle likes to point out often.

OTOH, I looked through the history of the GOP from it’s founding until now, and I see no time in which it was not a big government party. It was just a reorganized Whig Party which stood for powerful FedGov so it could do good. It started as a leftist party, and if it dies (and I hope soon!) it will die as a big FedGov party. That fact alone is enough to tell me that trying to take it over is a lost cause. That’s already been tried and the establishment reasserted itself after Ronnie Raygun to give us what we have now. They won’t permit another Reagan to make it to the top as the establishment loathed the man.

4. Adobe_Walls permalink
    04 January 2013 @ 19:10 19:10

The Republican Party cannot return to a place it’s never been.

5. M. Thompson permalink
    05 January 2013 @ 13:02 13:02

It just might be time to start taking things over locally. Start getting active for 2014, and running yourself.

Despair is a sin, quoth Dr. Pournelle, as the QM pointed out.

6. 05 January 2013 @ 15:33 15:33

OFF-TOPIC: Bob, you are a WINNER! Congratulations!