‘No! No More! Enough!’

08 December 2012 @ 17:23

From a set of comments I and a few others left in a post by Smitty over at The Other McCain

Joan Of Argghh!:

Seen the latest gaffe by Jeb Bush? “There are people on the right who are fearful of federal encroachment. That fear, I don’t think is justified. . .”

Smitty:

If 2016 turns into Clinton/Bush Redux, I will seriously consider voting Libertarian.

McGehee:

I won’t need to consider it — it’ll be the default.

Me:

I will never vote for another Ideologue – and the Libertarian Party seems to always nominate that type of person.

Assuming there is a Presidential Election in 2016 or the 22nd Amendment is not repealed [neither scenario is as crazy as you may think: consider some of things that have happened since 20 January 2009], if all that is offered are candidates who are Ideologues, I will abstain. Ideology is destroying this country. I refuse to play by their rules any longer.

The rubber has really met the road this time. This is the moment for all good men to stand up, whatever the cost, and say: ‘No! No more! Enough!’

Out hope lies in the Several States. The national system is terminal – we must take the patient off of life support and move on.

The United States Of America is an idea that is not bound by the number of sovereign states that are members of it. That idea will endure no matter how it’s physicial manifestation is constituted.

Also, let me include a comment from Adobe Walls that is fitting to the subject here at hand:

Doug Altner nails it though I’d insert Republicans instead of Conservatives when he correctly states that the Nation’s downfall is caused by not fighting the last Progressive generations gains. “Reform” is a fools errand whether one is talking about the GOP or various bits and pieces of the federal government.

Let It Burn.

I second my Right Honorable Friend’s motion.

BTW: Do read Smitty’s post, as it quite well-reasoned [per usual].

1. 08 December 2012 @ 17:39 17:39

Amen and amen!!! The trumpets calling for real change are getting louder. The government has no use for us bitter clingers and we have no use for it, perhaps it is time to seriously consider giving the government what they truly desire total control over what they can hold and since Vilsak stated that farmers are no longer relevant, let them eat Michelle’s garden or go hungry.

2. 08 December 2012 @ 18:08 18:08

Bob, Smitty is starting to sound as cynical as you, but I doubt he indulges in Maker’s Mark to dull the Psychiatric pain it causes.

I wish Adjoran would just go away. He’s been living in a fantasy land as long as I’ve been over at RSM’s front porch.

I agree on the ideologue part. Of course Mitten’s wasn’t an ideologue, while Obama is. I’m not sure any party could get anywhere today without an ideologue up front.

3. 08 December 2012 @ 18:36 18:36

I’m going to do what I did last time. I started with the candidate as far away from the RNC as I could get, Palin, moved to Cain, moved to Santorum, and then moved to Romney when Santorum withdrew and I realized ANYTHING would be better than Obama.

But the RNC and GOP’s deliberate alienation of the base proved that last step is no longer viable. That, plus the fact that the RNC changed the rules to make it difficult if not impossible for outsiders to challenge incumbents and the RNC’s picks in the primaries in future, coupled with the GOP’s contemptible conduct in California and the fiscal cliff negotiations, ensures I will never vote GOP if the RNC’s pick winds up the candidate. There is simply no point. They won’t nominate anyone who will carry the base and if by some fluke they did win, they’ll govern from the DC/Dem side of the aisle.

4. Adobe_Walls permalink
    08 December 2012 @ 21:00 21:00

If the Republicans are Charlie Brown to the Social Democrats Lucy holding the football who does that make Conservatives when Charlie Brown offers to hold the ball for us?
    Will WE never learn? Reelecting Republicans whether they are conservative or not only perpetuates their hold on the election processes. In the 1850s the Republicans only succeeded in displacing the Whigs because there were significant Whig defections. Somehow this must be accomplished though I believe we are a decade too late.

5. indyjonesouthere permalink
    09 December 2012 @ 20:31 20:31

We aren’t too late to change the direction, we are too early. I suspect the 2016 election is going to look entirely different than this one. When Obama came in the DOW was in the 9,000’s and this time at the 13,000’s, the outcome wasn’t in doubt. Does anyone think it has anywhere to go but down.