A REAL War On Women

28 November 2012 @ 20:43

While the Left engages in their juvenile and petty attempts to convince Americans that the Right is waging a ‘War On Women’, in Mexico, real women are being murdered for standing up for law and order and Truth.

This report in the New York Post by one of it’s star reporters, Andy Soltis, must be quoted in full so that the horror of it all is presented [emphasis mine][WARNING: Disturbing Images Below]:

Courageous Mexican mayor Maria Santos Gorrostieta cheated death twice when she survived assassination attempts by druglords — but three times was too much.

Gorrostieta, dubbed a “heroine of the 21st century” for her refusal to be cowed by the ruthless cartels that rule much of Mexico, was kidnapped in broad daylight this month after leaving her home in the town of Morelia.

She was driving her daughter to school when thugs in another vehicle blocked her white van. They pulled her out and began kicking and beating her in front of passers-by.

The 36-year-old mother begged the men to spare her girl and appeared to get into the thugs’ vehicle voluntarily, witnesses said.

Gorrostieta, mayor of the town of Tiquicheo from 2008 to 2011, had previously had a police escort and government security assigned to her.

But despite the two ambushes — which killed her husband and left her horribly scarred — her protection was pulled after she left office.

“No one could do anything to help her,” newspaper El Universal said of her abduction two weeks ago.

Her relatives waited for a call from the kidnappers, hoping they would trade her for ransom.

No call came. The family alerted police, who launched a search.

Five days after her disappearance, farm workers found Gorrostieta’s body — stabbed, burned and beaten — in a roadside ditch in the town of San Juan Tararameo.

Her relatives identified the body of the mother of three the next day.

Parts of Mexico have become a no-man’s-land, where legal authorities fear to tread and death comes cheap.

Over the weekend, 19 bodies were found in the northern border state of Chihuahua, including those of eight people who had been tortured and killed on Friday.

Many of the dead have been victims of the drug cartels, which have increasingly included elected and appointed officials.

Since Mexican President Felipe Calderon launched a war on the cartels six years ago, about two dozen mayors have been murdered.

Gorrostieta was one of at least seven women who were willing to serve as mayors or police chiefs.

Two of them, Hermila Garcia Quinones and Silvia Molina, were assassinated. A third, Erika Gandara, was kidnapped and is feared dead, and a fourth, Marisol Valles Garcia, 21, left her job and fled to the United States.

Gorrostieta, a doctor who studied medicine in a university in Morelia, began getting threats after she ran for mayor of Tiquicheo and was elected as a member of the Institutional Revolutionary Party in 2008.

She ignored the threats — at her own peril. In October 2009, her car was attacked by gunmen in the town of El Limone. Her husband, José Sanchez — who had escaped a showdown with an armed mob that year — died in the fusillade.

Gorrostieta was seriously wounded but soon returned to work, as defiant as ever.

Three months later, in January 2010, she was attacked again, this time on a road between the states of Guerrero and Michoacan as she headed to a meeting.

Gunmen with assault rifles fired 30 bullets at her van. Three hit her, leaving serious wounds. Her brother and a reporter were wounded.

But Gorrostieta sought to use the publicity to get the public to join her war on drugs. She bared her scars in photos that appeared in a local newspaper.

“I wanted to show them my wounded, mutilated, humiliated body because I’m not ashamed of it,” she said, “because it is the product of the great misfortunes that have scarred my life, that of my children and my family.”

The wounds left her in near constant pain. She had to wear a colostomy bag.

Gorrostieta, a devout Catholic, said she couldn’t understand why she had been marked for death.

“I have a clear conscience,” she said.

“I have never had any issues of any kind, be it money, family or crime related, and I have never had any fights with any neighbors or residents of my town or any other town.”

After the second attack, she considered quitting — but couldn’t. She said she had an obligation to her town of 13,000-plus people as well as to the memory of her slain husband.

“At another stage in my life, perhaps I would have resigned from what I have, my position, my responsibilities as the leader of my Tiquicheo,” she said.

“But today, no.”

“It is not possible for me to surrender when I have three children whom I have to educate by setting an example,” she said.

“And also because of the memory of the man of my life, the father of my three little ones, the one who was able to teach me the value of things and to fight for them.”

She admitted to being plagued by the memory of the two attacks.

“I struggle day to day to erase from my mind the images of the horror I lived, and that others who did not deserve or expect it also suffered,” she said.

Nevertheless, Gorrostieta rebuilt her life. She married again, to Nereo Delgado Patinoran. She switched political parties.

After her stint at Tiquicheo was over, she ran in an election for Mexico’s legislature, the Congress of the Union, but failed to win a seat.

Her death is being investigated by Mexico’s Anti-Kidnapping and Extortion Institution.

The unit has another task: Gorrostieta’s second husband, Patinoran, vanished when she did and is still missing.

Requiescat in pace, Maria Santos Gorrostieta.

The drug lords of Mexico are waging a real war on women.

The government of Mexico is full of cowards who allow brave women like Mrs. Gorrostieta to be left unprotected even though they full-well-know that the lives of these women are in grave danger because they had the courage to stand up for law and order and decency.  Shame on all of you.

Shame on the men of Mexico who will not put an end to these heinous and hideous crimes.

And shame on the American Leftists who whine about the ‘Right Wing War On Women’.

1. M. Thompson permalink
    28 November 2012 @ 21:34 21:34

Horrid thing to see.

• thecampofthesaints permalink
      29 November 2012 @ 07:55 07:55

I showed her dead body to help bring home the horror of what’s happening to these brave women.

2. indyjonesouthere permalink
    29 November 2012 @ 12:04 12:04

You have women like this trying to maintain the law and then you have Democrats like Holder who traffic guns into Mexico turning Mexico into a slaughterhouse. And you have a Secretary of State, Hillary, who had to be informed of the gunrunning as it was across an international border and who was also likely knowledgeable of the gunrunning in Libya and does not seem the least interested in stopping the killing. Why do Democrats hate women enough to kill them?

• thecampofthesaints permalink
      29 November 2012 @ 13:14 13:14

Because individual Human Life means nothing to the Leftist – the Goal is all.

• 29 November 2012 @ 14:55 14:55

The moonbat philosophy is BAMN. The end is all that matters. How many have to die to reach that matters not a whit.

3. 29 November 2012 @ 15:10 15:10

I don’t know of a Democrat politician – man or woman (like my own CongressWeasel, Corinne Brown) – who would have the guts to do what this brave soul and her sisters and brothers did.

The list of Republicans is mighty short, too.

• 02 December 2012 @ 20:28 20:28

Take heart, KC, there are those out in the heartland who would gladly take up the cause.

4. Peter Måhlin permalink
    29 November 2012 @ 15:36 15:36

Every user of the street drugs are part of the foodchain of those thugs. Drug abuse is not up to the individual – the country lose the working hours and have to feed, heal, nurse and rehab the users time and again. And if the have children, they ger the worst start in life possible Maria Santos Gorrostieta challenged the drug thugs, Anna Politkovskaya opposed the Russian leadership, and Malala Yousufzai disobeyed the Taliban by demanding school education for women. And the we have Mr. Julian Assange – hiding in the embassy of a banana republic dictatorship, decieving his friend who will get the bail money forfeited to the British Crown (e.g. state).Michael Moore will lose $20.000, for example.

5. Deborah Leigh permalink
    29 November 2012 @ 17:04 17:04

The person who pulled her security detail is complicit. Her children are orphans, with the exception of the one that was with her at the time of the attack, and that poor child is probably dead. While I admire the courage of those that stand up, I am torn because it puts the children in further danger.They live in a state of terror heightened by the parents’ status. This entire family will be murdered. It is too bad that the town she felt so fondly of didn’t come to her aid. They didn’t stand up then, and they won’t now. Mexico is a failed nation, whose disease can not be contained.

Peter, drug use is up to the individual. It is a choice. If it weren’t drug use, the cartels would be into something else. They should be wiped out, but I fear, the task is akin to Al Queada, Nazism, fascism, etc. It can only be supressed, not eliminated.

• 02 December 2012 @ 20:32 20:32

I, too, am torn, Deborah, but in such an extreme curcumstance as this, where the authorites and the community leaders have not stepped up to do their duty and Chaos reigns, I think this wonderful and brave woman believed she had no choice. That Mexico has degenerated into such a situation where a Mother has to take such an action should make every Mexican bow their heads in utter shame.

6. Roxeanne de Luca permalink
    30 November 2012 @ 14:10 14:10

Sickening. There’s a reason why Mexico is a third-world country, and it has a lot to do with not having the rule of law.

Why on earth we would want to import this into America is beyond me. Are the powers-that-be just hoping that they will be eaten last?

…and why would the Left care? They appear to think that a woman’s highest calling is flat on her back, being plowed by someone who will never marry her and isn’t married to her, on ‘free’ government birth control, with a taxpayer-funded abortion if things go wrong. They don’t “get” real strength.

• 02 December 2012 @ 20:33 20:33

No one on the Left is in possession of real strength, which requires a moral component.

Look at Obama and his ‘Come after me’ idiocy.

7. Aschersleben permalink
    14 December 2012 @ 11:54 11:54

You want to heap “shame on American leftists” for saying the right-wingers are waging a war on women. I ask YOU: Have you no shame? Have you no shame abusing the horrific ordeal of heroic Dr. Gorrostieta for your petty little ideological squabbles? These things have absolutely NOTHING to do with each other, and you know it. Mayor Gorrostieta had more courage, honesty and integrity than any of you pathetic clowns will ever muster. She was NOT “one of yours”. Shame on you, indeed.