GOP Establishment Gets Their Wish: Allen West Concedes

20 November 2012 @ 08:37

The GOP Establishment was declared the winner in Florida’s 18th Congressional District this morning when Representative Allen West conceded in his bid for re-election.

From Fox News [tip of the fedora to Smitty]:

Rep. Allen West on Tuesday conceded in his re-election effort in Florida’s 18th Congressional District, but suggested he will still be active in politics or public office.

The Tea Party favorite and first-term congressman made the statement Tuesday, following two weeks of court battles and ballot recounts in his race against Democratic challenger and political newcomer Patrick Murphy.

“Leaders don’t need a title to be able to lead,” West told Fox News. “I will continue to be servant of this nation.”

The GOP Establishment in Florida, with the approval of the national Stupid Party, redrew the Congressional Districts and forced Mr. West to run in a more Leftist district. They despised him and his TEA Party supporters and used Gerrymandering to make it all the harder for the former hero Colonel to run and win.

Congratulations GOP Establishment!

The camel’s back is most definitely broken.

The death warrant is signed.

As Smitty writes:

My guess is that, by the time Allen West is done, they’ll realize that retaining his seat would have been easier on the Left.

They’ll realize it good and hard.

As for Mr. West:

“Right now, God knows the plan for my life,” West told Fox. “The most important thing is to enjoy Thanksgiving. My concerns right now are to be with family.

I’ll be calling up God right away to talk to Him about this.

1. bellalu0 permalink
    20 November 2012 @ 08:43 08:43

Where is this leading us? I don’t think I can support the GOP any more.

• thecampofthesaints permalink
      20 November 2012 @ 09:35 09:35

I don’t and won’t.

It seems to me right now that our only hope lies in taking over state and local governments, while ignoring the national government which is beyond redemption.

• 20 November 2012 @ 16:13 16:13

Taking the long view, as the left does, has seemed to work for them. Starting with school curriculums and school boards and filling every position from dog killer to president, in this case it is the same person.

We seem to have a good start on the Governors and state reps and state senators.

2. indyjonesouthere permalink
    20 November 2012 @ 11:26 11:26

The GOP is done…long live the tea party.

3. 20 November 2012 @ 12:54 12:54

Execute Operation Whig!

4. 20 November 2012 @ 16:06 16:06

The republican party is as dead as the bull moose party. In that same vein, maybe a party like..um..the mama grizzly party would do well.

The 1st thing that hit me was that Allen West said almost word for word what Sarah Palin said after the Indianola rally, “Leaders don’t need a title to be able to lead, I will continue to be servant of this nation.”

Maybe… though I would like to see if we could win with some kind of named leader, who could lead from the front and damn the torpedos. I don’t know, just wishin’.