Oh I Wish I Was In The Land Of Cotton…

15 July 2012 @ 09:23

now wait a cotton-pickin’ minute: I will be!

As you read this, Mrs. B. and I will be wending our way to The Southland, the territories of my maternal ancestors, for a quick vacation.

Originally, I had planned to inform you all where we were going, but, in light of my work on exposing the Kimberlin/Rauhauser Cell’s activities over the past two months, I think it wise to not broadcast my whereabouts, IYKWIMAITYD.

I have scheduled at least one post per day to publish and I will be bringing my laptop along so there may be additional posting from the road.  Also, I now have made the leap into the 21st Century by purchasing a smart phone, so I may be Tweeting from the highways and byways as we hurdle down Freedom’s Roads, even if you’re not signed up for Twitter, you can follow my Tweets here].  However, I cannot guarantee how much I will be able to do whilst in our vehicle because I’m still trying to learn how to use the bloody phone and I’m The Navigator.  We shall see.

We should be arriving back early Thursday Evening and, yes, there is a Hump Day Rule 5 scheduled to fire-off early Wednesday Evening.

-The Hee Haw Gals [can you guess which one's my favor-rite?]…

-My favorite country song…

-I’m Mrs. B’s big talkin’ man…

Y’all come back now — ya hear.

1. 15 July 2012 @ 12:15 12:15

And remember, the Dukes of Hazzard was a documentary.

As a proud son of the great state of Alabama, I can say that if you didn’t grow up in the South, you missed a wonderful experience. Good people, good food, a sense of tradition and a reverence for country and family, it’s all there with a lilting accent.

2. 15 July 2012 @ 12:57 12:57

Big Southern Hugs with sweet tea, biscuits, and gravy on top to you and the Missus ;-)

3. Carolyn Keener permalink
    15 July 2012 @ 13:46 13:46

Still hot in Tupelo, Mississippi, so grateful for the rain! Hope you have a wonderful trip down among the clingers. Come back during football season and tailgate with us at the Grove in Oxford. Hotty Toddy and go Rebs!

4. Adobe_Walls permalink
    15 July 2012 @ 16:09 16:09

North in the summer south in the winter. Unless of course you prefer the extremes of the seasons.

5. 15 July 2012 @ 17:13 17:13

Well, if you’re going to be in my AO, drop me a ping by DM on the twitter.

6. 15 July 2012 @ 17:14 17:14

Oh yeah…enjoy your vacation. ;)

7. Rosalie permalink
    16 July 2012 @ 11:43 11:43

Enjoy!

8. M. Thompson permalink
    16 July 2012 @ 13:47 13:47

Have fun and be safe on the road. The VRWC needs its agents everywhere.

9. 22 July 2012 @ 17:58 17:58

I never missed Hee Haw.
    Misty Rowe and Gunilla Hutton were hot.

10. 31 July 2012 @ 00:48 00:48

Of all the important stuff on your blog, guess what I link to here: http://bobagard.blogspot.com/2012/07/hes-goin-to-jackson.html
    Just cuz it’s a sweet memory.

11. 23 May 2013 @ 00:33 00:33

Hey admin, I just wanted to give you a brief heads
    up that your Website link: http://thecampofthesaints.

org/2012/07/15/oh-i-wish-i-was-in-the-land-of-cotton/
    is being flagged as a potentially harmful web page in my browser opera.
    I’d highly recommend having someone look into it. You could very well lose a lot of guests due to this issue. Very best of Luck.

1. What you should be reading today, after you read this blog of course « The Daley Gator